no bullshit answers from the oontz

Ski Mask

thats what I expect to get. thats what keeps me coming back here.

whats the longest friendship you've ever had to walk away from? a real friend...not just some fool from college you see at the bar every week. some wild shit has happened and I need to walk away from probably my closest friend (female).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as an adult i have not had to do that and hope i don't

when i was like 20 though i had to stop talking to this one homie cause he was getting shady and i knew that if i hung out with him long enough he would get me/us into some unnecessary bullshit. we had been friends for about 4 or 5 years and even though we had had some fun times and been through a lot he was changing and was headed downhill

that's my .02

thanks. its hard. this is a 10 year friendship. been through some wild ass shit with her. like most writers you wind up having a fucked up life thats difficult for lots of "straight" friends to deal with. casual arrests. different value system. having somebody that was down with that was great. but if I cant trust you then I don't want you around. if we're friends I will seriously step into some shit for you, but only if I feel you'll do the same. when thats gone it cant work.

Pushed a long time freind out of my life recently cause she for some dumb fucked up reason started to date a borderline nazi. Known her since I was like 12. It's hard but, like come on, what a dumb bitch move. I don't think i will ever be able to talk to her ever again but I might aswell just forget her altogether. Growing up in the city...

Also chucked a dude out of a certain anti-social typographic society i am a part of, he was a homeboy, he fucked up real good.

Im 25 and moved around a bit when I was a kid, so the longest friendship I've had has lasted so far 12 or 13 years. We've been through some arrests too—well mostly me being arrested and him being there to tell everyone why Im absent from class.

Without knowing what happened I dunno to say. If you really like her you can always just distance her from certain aspects of your life. I think all long-term friendships do this naturally, without any drama or explanation why. You appreciate people for what they're good for and let them do the rest with somebody else. The homie and I go camping, spearfishing, and barbeque. He's beyond useless at everything else.

I know exactly where youre coming from.

Two years back I pretty much resigned from my entire crew of friends becuse things had just changed, they werent the same people anymore and we were just going in diffrent directions.

Its tough and it might take you a while to get over it, always sucks to lose someone close in your life. But if you feel its for the better, especially if your freedom is in danger(if thats the case) then its just a shitty part of life you need to deal with.

You just have to convince yourself its the right decision and that she isnt the same person that youve been friends with for over a decade. Agaian it might suck to lose someone close but if theyve become a shitty person or cant be trusted then youve got to consider your well being over another person in your life.

And co-sign the ''I rock with about 5 real freinds'' fuck people

i haven't had any friends i had to walk away from forever

my best friend and i moved in together when we were around 20

she fell apart under the stress of survival and became a stripper and later a cokehead

she really spun out and we split.. i moved out a month before the lease was up and we didn't speak for about 5 years. i had a second best friend who was also friends with her, and when this second chick moved to indonesia i reconnected with the first

in the interim, she had really gotten her life together. she quit coke, stopped stripping, got a good job and got married. after that 5 year or so hiatus we became really good friends again

paths diverge in life

but sometimes they meet back up

i have walked away from a number of misjudgments i made

i've dated some two-faced people, unfortunately

recently one of my exes started harassing me

i moved around a lot, most of my childhood friendships lasted 3-4 years at most.

longest friendship started in 2001 and i consider that guy my closest friend.

i've walked away from a few 4-5 year friendships though, when i joined the military a lot of people decided they had a lot to say.

i'm dead inside and besides about 4 people and my brothers i can move on and forget people with relative ease...

i have plenty of female friends i dun fuck with anymore, this is the most recent one.

i walked away from this one broad that i've known for about 7 years. we was good till i stopped hearing from her. no response from her when i called or text her. one day i called her, she picked up, started conversing a bit, then i realized she didnt know who i was. i asked her if she knew who i was and she said yea, but couldnt say say my name. claiming she broke her old phone, and lost all her numbers, but yet she was hittin up friends we had in common. when we spoke on the phone, i told her to hit me back up when she remembers who i am, she said ok. never heard from her. so i severed my ties with her. then she msg me on FB asking me if i meant to delete her off there.

im not in high school to be playin dumb ass games like that. it's a little over a year since i last talked to her, and i have no remorse.

as an adult i have not had to do that and hope i don't

when i was like 20 though i had to stop talking to this one homie cause he was getting shady and i knew that if i hung out with him long enough he would get me/us into some unnecessary bullshit. we had been friends for about 4 or 5 years and even though we had had some fun times and been through a lot he was changing and was headed downhill

that's my .02

this is me too.

Fist, I feel like commenting on that last bit.

For whatever reason I've always been able to move on very easily. Friends I've had since grade school I can just not communicate with or see for months on end and it doesn't matter. I've always chosen the "handful of friends over groves of acquaintances" shit but I even those friends I can allow to slip away.

I'm not a sociopath I know that so I'm not bringing this up on some stupid fucking gahhhh I must be dangerous tip. Just streamin my personal thoughts.

last summer was hard times, real hard times. i totalled my car and lost my job. burnt thru what money i had reaalll quick. i was livin the with a good friend and he kicked me out. ( were still real close to this day, he was just trying to teach me a life lesson)..

after that i got up with one of by best freinds from high school. me and him were living on the beach, literally. and that was all cool while it was new. but eventually i wanted to move on, get a job and grow the fuck up.. slowly realizing this dude had no ambition at all..

but i still stuck it out with him for a while.

now its 2 months later, still stealing beer and shit. getting money stupid ass ways.. we managed to put 500 down on a little aparment for a month....

month ends and this dude doesnt give a fuck, just happy go lucky. "its all good" mindset.

and there was nothing i could do to help him, he just didnt want to change.

i met a girl, moved in with her. now, good job, happy, stable environment. and its all good.

i no longer kick it with dude anymore. for the sake of me staying on track. didnt turn my back on him, but if i didnt step away id just get dragged down.

edit: all that being said. i felt like shit for a while, but in the long run, it needed to be done.

I have recently walked away from a few friendships. It was long overdue. I can't waste my brain space on idiocy and untruths. I don't give a fuck how retarded you are - once it starts stressing me out, you're gone.

Oh, and people who take advantage of me and what I do for a living. It happens a lot.

The oontz. It's like a telepathic connection amongst a gang of intranet strangers.

I have been struggling something serious this past year with friends and friendships.

And more recently, I've had to push some close homies away from me for my own peace of

mind(not really an advice reply, no thread jack). But my closest homie has recently, or so i

believe, fallin to hard drugs and i've had to kind of forget he exists. After much deliberation

and multiple face to face talks of course. And that makes me feel like shit. I'm fine with getting older.

I reckon with age "Real" friends come and go. But it's hard as fuck to lose a close homie no

matter what the circumstance. Two cents on the matter. Figure out whether or not this person is

that much of a liability. In the end, depending on how you present your issues you might

not have to choke slam her out of your life, man. Good luck with all that shit dude.

• Like 2

someone told me one day there are not such things as friends in life...not even family.

Maybe not, but it's nice to have someone you can call when you car gets towed. I'm not sure I would bother anyone with that, though, and deal with it myself.

i'm dead inside

C'mooooon...I'll buy you a drink.

I pretty much lost all my friends. But I feel that just happens when you are in your mid twenties. You find out all your friends from high school are just scumbags and ambition-less individuals who were really never there for you. My one homie is in jail and won't be getting out for 4-8 but I still keep in touch with him through letters. My other homie I knew for over ten years stopped talking to me because he said I dumped him as a friend. Realistically I let him stay at my crib for going on a month, not paying rent, disrespecting people important to me, and just going out every night doing drugs and drinking. After I kicked him out I just kind of did my own thing and started settling down with my girl. Apparently trying to get my life together and not wanting to party and watch him destroy himself with drugs and alcohol made me a dick. Sometimes you just have to let people go. I still love the dude like he is my brother and if he needed anything I would help him out, but he just chills with a shitty crowd now and I can't be around that.

Knowing you both personally. You very well /nh.

I wish you would've done it a long time ago.

real talk. I think thats a commonly held opinion with anyone that knows us both. what can I say... its done now at least. talked to her an hour ago and laid it all out. her whole life is falling apart right now, so I think she's gonna split back west.

thanks for all the input everyone.

someone told me one day there are not such things as friends in life...not even family.

someone sounds bitter.

i'm dead inside and besides about 4 people and my brothers i can move on and forget people with relative ease...

Fist, I feel like commenting on that last bit.

For whatever reason I've always been able to move on very easily. ...

No bullshit, I really have no friends. But that is due to my job and from keeping moving. 9 moves in 17 years. Hard to keep friends when you are on the move.

But I do have a million acquaintances.

i hardly have any friends.. there are the two ladies i mentioned in the first post, and hundreds of acquaintances. i usually have a long term boyfriend. and i'm not close with any family since my mom died. i too can write people off with ease, maybe because they aren't that close to me. but i also don't feel i need a tight network of people around me.

I pretty much lost all my friends. But I feel that just happens when you are in your mid twenties. .

this is true.. people get older and they get married or hit bottom or something

luckily i know some interesting people who have gone onto do cool things with their lives, but that usually means they travel all over and i don't seem them or talk to them all that often.

the shitheads i just left behind or forgot about ..with ease.

I remember Earl having a thread on this shit a while back and there were some solid responses. Some real reflective shit.

I stand by what I said that time still, at a young age we need lots of friends even more than family or so we think. At a young age we amass a lot of different fiends which represent bits and pieces of our own persona. We try to figure out what we like about ourselves what we dislike, what we're willing to compromise on and what we absolutely refuse to work with.

Years go by and that group starts to thin. We dont feel as attached to certain friends. Some fall to the wayside we continue to grow and hopefully not become stagnant.

You get to a certain age where you've hopefully figured out to an extent who you are and what you want to remain being. Your friends at that point dont serve as a representation of a character trait. They are just a friend. Nothing more and nothing less.

• Like 1