osX Lion

seeking

so this shit is pretty bad ass.

this morning i realized if you swipe from left to right in a browser window, it works just like the forward and backwards buttons. click on a thread, scroll through it, shit is blah, cause ch0 sucks these days, so you just swipe to the right and it automatically takes you back to the three view. i know its just saving a few keystrokes, but its nice not having to track up to a button and click around.

also, no more directional arrows on the windows, just scroll through everything with the trackpad like on a phone or iPad.

they did a really rad job of making the laptop feel a whole lot more like the phone and pad. I'm sold.

anyone else up on this? any cool shit you've found out?

seeks/purchaser of the first new macbook air in the city of boston/yes, that gets me pussy/haters eat dick

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If you don't like the new "natural" scrolling (when you scroll up with two fingers it goes down and when you scroll down with two fingers it goes up) just do this:

Open "System Preferences "----> Trackpad (or mouse, depending what you're using) -----> Click "Scroll & Zoom" -----> Then uncheck the selection for "Scroll direction: natural"

Boom, there you can now use the old scrolling method (when you scroll up it goes up and when you scroll down it goes down)

Now, for going back a page or forward a page in your web browser (I don't think this will work for Google Chrome):

Open "System Preferences "----> Trackpad (or mouse, depending what you're using) -----> Click "More Gestures" -----> Then click the drop down menu for "Swipe between pages" and choose the selection that says "Swipe with two OR three fingers"

And you're done. These were mainly the annoyances that I had when I upgraded to OS X Lion. But everything is good now and it's a sweet ass OS.

Mr.Innocence (yeah I used that so you'd know I was there, lame, check) I appreciate your post but you have a pompous air of annoyedness that has a haughty feel. Sure this may be great to some, but the way you approach it is to say it's better than anything. It's called an opinion, remember. :)

My dad is more up to date with this shit then I am. He was mad excited to tell me he upgraded to Lion.

I can't be bothered to research it right now, but what benefits can this upgrade give me (a desktop user). I generally use a standard HP mouse because I like the right click, but I do have my wireless Mac mouse if this is gonna let me take advantage of heaps of cool shit.

Mr.Innocence (yeah I used that so you'd know I was there, lame, check) I appreciate your post but you have a pompous air of annoyedness that has a haughty feel. Sure this may be great to some, but the way you approach it is to say it's better than anything. It's called an opinion, remember. :)

i'm being pompous by starting a thread about the cool features of an operating system on a computer?

really? of all the dickheadish shit i say, this is the thread you decided to take a stand in? ha.

i appreciate your opinion, but as it's inherently inferior to mine, i will ignore it in whole. thank you for your time however, the special attention is indeed flattering. ;)

seeks/to be taken with grains of salt

i never used snow leopard so i can't say, but its only $30, so your call.

when i want to justify buying something, i like to look at it in terms of beers. for me, thats one round of beers at the bar with a couple friends. this beers will be pissed out in an hour. lion will last a couple years.