News International

Decyferon

How much of what is going on with the Murdochs is being reported in America. It has cut pretty deep here causing the resignation of the chief and deputy chief of the Metropolitan Police, Government enquiries etc.

I think I heard mentioned that the FBI are checking to make sure 9/11 victims/relatives phones were hacked or not.

I have to say I am overjoyed at seeing Murdoch being dragged through the dirt, he is a vile piece of shit and I cannot wait for the day he dies.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yea I am watching it at the moment, they are such slimey cunts,, but that is what you need to make it at that level of business I suppose.

Appears the news just breaking is it Neil Wallis was advising Andy Coulson while Coulson was working for the Tories, hope Cameron gets pulled into all of this - Tory scumbag.

283904_255821077765071_155704757776704_1205748_3394661_n.jpg

I'm really happy to see Rupert Murdoch go down, but I thought his son looked REALLY competent which I was surprised about. I'm also a little skeptical about why these big wigs are taking falls over petty shit now too, i mean first it was DSK with the maid rape thing and now this with the phone hacking. Seems petty to me, especially with the shit these guys usually get away with. I guess the public is just bloodthirsty to get these guys now.

My guess is Rupert Murdoch stopped caring about journalism around the time he started gobbling up media outlets. (That's assuming he ever was concerned about objectivity in the first place, which is debatable.) As far as what his minions were willing to do to get/create the story, I'm sure much shadier things go on and will continue to go on...not that that's acceptable, but it deserves to be acknowledged since the majority of us in Crossfire seem to follow the news to some degree.

On a related note, the irony of major motion pictures about evil corporations and globalism always makes me smile.

Ex-Executives Dispute Testimony of Murdoch Son

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/22/world/europe/22murdoch.html?_r=2&hp

LONDON — Two former News International executives publicly contradicted James Murdoch’s testimony to a parliamentary committee, saying Thursday that they told him of evidence in 2008 that suggested that phone hacking at one of the company’s tabloid newspapers was more widespread.

I disagree. Rupert is the last person in the world that still cares about paper journalism. If he goes down completely, you will see the end of newspapers. He is the ONLY person still putting bank into the papers.

Illegally obtaining information? Why is this a problem for you guys? Police can use entrapment under suspicion laws brought about by terrorism laws - how are the POLICE more morally aligned than a media outlet?

He only cares about money, that is all that matters. He doesn't give a shit about journalism or the newspaper industry. He has a large media network because it gives him sway over politicians because he can easily make a backlash happpen against them.

He only cares about money, that is all that matters. He doesn't give a shit about journalism or the newspaper industry. He has a large media network because it gives him sway over politicians because he can easily make a backlash happpen against them.

THIS

He's ready to drop print media. They have started charging for The Times online, if it proves to be successful we can say goodbye to newspapers. One of my best friends is a News Editor for The Sunday Times, she said people are leaving left right and center, like rats off a sinking ship.

They're super happy wit this Norway thing because it's drawing focus from them.

t1larg.times.cartoon.jpg

I disagree. Rupert is the last person in the world that still cares about paper journalism. If he goes down completely, you will see the end of newspapers. He is the ONLY person still putting bank into the papers.

While print media is still barely holding on as a viable revenue stream, I'm not too sure whether the content is all that important to consumers. I don't know what the situation is in the UK, but here book stores are closing left and right and papers are getting slimmer and slimmer...this concerns me because I'm not convinced that digital media as an archival medium is reliable enough yet, which means we could be witnessing the beginning of the end of static history as we know it.

Illegally obtaining information? Why is this a problem for you guys? Police can use entrapment under suspicion laws brought about by terrorism laws - how are the POLICE more morally aligned than a media outlet?

As I said, this doesn't surprise me at all and bothers me only because it sets a bad precedent for other journalists. I used to be an officer of the court (process server/legal researcher) and I definitely bent the rules when I had to...hell, everyone does it.

If you're referring to the irony of members of a graffiti forum taking a moral stance against lawbreaking and personal inconvenience of other citizens, I guess I can see your point...but I think a lot of the people in Crossfire have either left that lifestyle behind or never bothered with it in the first place.

While print media is still barely holding on as a viable revenue stream, I'm not too sure whether the content is all that important to consumers. I don't know what the situation is in the UK, but here book stores are closing left and right and papers are getting slimmer and slimmer...this concerns me because I'm not convinced that digital media as an archival medium is reliable enough yet, which means we could be witnessing the beginning of the end of static history as we know it.

As I said, this doesn't surprise me at all and bothers me only because it sets a bad precedent for other journalists. I used to be an officer of the court (process server/legal researcher) and I definitely bent the rules when I had to...hell, everyone does it.

If you're referring to the irony of members of a graffiti forum taking a moral stance against lawbreaking and personal inconvenience of other citizens, I guess I can see your point...but I think a lot of the people in Crossfire have either left that lifestyle behind or never bothered with it in the first place.

I don't think it would be intelligent for us as a society to assume everything should become digital. Static history is far more important because digital medium can easily be wiped out by any sort of calamity, and than there goes all our history. However, that really says nothing for news papers... especially not News International as a majority of what they publish is trash anyway. I'm more concerned about books and book stores being phased out.

I don't think the issue of digital records being changed is a great leap from what we have now. Static/physical archives can be changed, replaced or discredited anyway and regularly are. "History wars" happen all the time.

When reading I find it a lot easier to concentrate/focus on a paper page than a computer screen.

Murdoch? Yeah, what a dickbag. I've been in the US for about a month now and it seems to get a decent amount of coverage here. I just wish people would stop reading that kind of tripe and render it irrelevant and unsellable.

That tripe really only accounted for under 2% of what he's about though. We don't even have tabloids here in Australia - though I will admit some of our Murdoch papers are slowly starting to resemble one.

I definitely agree, I find it almost impossible to read anything of reasonable content online. I need the paper copy.

THIS

He's ready to drop print media. They have started charging for The Times online, if it proves to be successful we can say goodbye to newspapers. One of my best friends is a News Editor for The Sunday Times, she said people are leaving left right and center, like rats off a sinking ship.

They're super happy wit this Norway thing because it's drawing focus from them.

t1larg.times.cartoon.jpg

I've seen this pic somewhere.......

Theyre not, fuck em both.

Standing up for this scum over the survival of the newspaper is kind of idiotic if you ask me.

The paper is dying anyway, in the next decade there will only be online besides a handful of county or rural town newspapers.

I could not care less about the downfall of tabloids in the UK. But News Limited owns pretty much every last piece of paper and ink in this country (Australia) and it would be a real shame to see the loss of that industry because of the actions of a select few in a completely different country.

News Limited also owns a decent chunk of the east coasts rural press - so even our small rural towns will lose their paper, which if you've lived rurally you'll know is a very important part of the community.

I'm probably being a bit dramatic. You have to remember that Rupert is an Australian success story, coming from essentially nothing to being just behind Walt Disney as the worlds second largest media company. Over so many years being behind a wheel that big turning, I can imagine the grey area between right and wrong becomes enormous.

You should ask yourself, a 1% portion of his empire, would he really be 100% up to speed with the dealings and day to day? Surely it's on James to cushion.

News LTD. don't own the Fairfax press and when it comes to daily news on the east coast the Age and SMH are big raters. Then there is the Australian Financial review, again a Fairfax publication. Australian Geographic, ACP publication. Then you have other stuff like Wall Street Journal, Financial Times and the Economist, not Australian but also not News LTD. I hear you on the regional papers though.

I'd also call the Telegraph tabloid. Sure, not to the length that the English and some US press are but compared to the broadsheets in Australia it's as close to sensationalist gutter press as it gets.

Also, I wouldn't say Rupert came from nothing, his dad did but not him.

Actually, Murdoch has a serious obsession with print journalism. Not money.

Print has been his obsession since the 1950s. That's why he's still putting money in to it.

His career has been M&A for expansion and consolidation of print across Australia, UK, US. A number of his papers lose money. WSJ is worth less now then when he bought it in 07.

News of the World hacking allegations date back to 2002 (the missing schoolgirl voicemails). It's pretty likely he knew about the issues way back then. Considering how little revenue it contributed to the News Limited machine, and risks attached to the allegations.....any rational business(man) would have cut it loose long ago.

(I don't even really care for the guy, but I'm just sayin....)

he is such an Australian succes story he ditched his aussie citizenship to become American, Fuck Rupert Murdoch, I dont care about his newspapers or the impact (or lack of) if they shut them down.

Not that I'm defending the turd but he got US citizenship as it was required for some of the media ownership in the US he wanted.

For me I just look at some of his stuff: Fox News, Sydney Telegraph, News of the World and so on and I know that I'm not a fan. He may have a bunch of regional and other publications but that does not rule out the fact that he has a lot of sensationalist, gutter and conservative media.

As I said, FOX NEWS!!