Irrational Fears . . .

Dr. Scientist

when i was a kid one of my teachers came back from holiday in Australia and told us that over there they had a type of spider that lived in the toilet and would bite the ass off any one paying a visit...

for years after this i would flush the toilet before crapping, and also put a layer of toilet paper down there to decrease the spiders visibility.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That my friend is most likely a Redback. Same family as the Black Widows you guys have -

Red_Ba9.jpg

Or it could be a Black House spider or a Huntsman. Or maybe a White Tail... Who knows, we got mad spiders out here. And snakes, and sharks, and microscopic jellyfish that want to kill you. Along with anything else poisonous. Haha.

rabies. i am completely fucking terrified of rabies. for a good 2 months i was convinced i had rabies and was going to die a horrible painful death. i had a nervous break down more or less and basically thought that bats were sneaking into my house through a a ventilation flap (the one that connects the dryer to the outside) and then hiding in my floor vents, coming out at night to bite me and give me rabies...OR that the mice in my house were infected and were going to give it to me.

it got so bad i refused to sleep because i figured thats when they would attack me and i had to be awake to stop them. i would hear wings flapping and shit (hallucinations). i was scared to eat food because i though the mice would leave their saliva on it which would infect me. i was putting books over all the airvents.

another thing i found out is if you stress on something hard enough and constantly look for symptoms they start to manifest themselves..so i would get foamy mouth and shit(cotton mouth basically) and headaches and shit and think i was going to die.

i don't stress on it now because im not as stressed but for a long time if you even said the word rabies i would get a panic attack..i still don't like cats and dogs and stuff and stay away from them out of fear they might have it. funny enough when i was younger i was actually around a dog who was rabid but didn't know it.

which brings us to our next subject, Don't smoke meth!

A Real-Life Alien Chestburster

chestburster-irl.jpg

Just kidding, it's not really a chestburster. It's a deep-sea hydrothermal worm. And it's not really that big. Actually, it's tiny. Probably about the size of your wiener.

Taken using an FEI Quanta SEM, this image is amazingly zoomed in 525 times. The real width of the field in the image is 568μm, or 568/1000 of a millimeter. It's far larger than an atom, but still among the smallest living things.

The worm, as scary as it looks, is something most people will never actually get to see (or have to worry about, for that matter). Hydrothermal worms are deep sea creatures, almost as small as bacterium, and are largely found near hydrothermal vents in the ocean.

source: http://www.geekologie.com/2011/07/nightmares-a-reallife-alien-chestburster.php