Trip to New York City

Chubbs

i'll try to post something remotely helpful:

1) yeah, stay the fuck away from wall street. i'm from new york and i haven't gone to the empire state building or any of that other shit since i was really young. it's whatever. honestly, you won't really be missing much other than standing on a tall building.

2) eat nothing but pizza. but, if you want something other than pizza: take the L to the myrtle-wyckoff stop, go out the entrance on wyckoff and get tacos and stuff from the truck out there. shit is cheap and delicious. make sure you go to the one on WYCKOFF... not the truck around the corner on myrtle.

3) ride elevated train lines. all of them.

4) go to coney island and walk on the boardwalk down to brighton beach. get food there.

5) go to the cloisters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cloisters

6) go to astoria, and take a photo of yourself in front of the entrance to rykers island. you'll be the envy of all your friends. if nobody has done that planking shit in front of the sign, you should do that.

go to astoria park, too.

7) go to the met (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_Museum_of_Art) and do NOT pay the suggested 20 dollar donation. give them a quarter.

beyond that, i don't know what else to tell you. don't buy weed in washington square park. and if you really want to go to the top of something tall AND times square, theres a hotel in times square with an open roof door and it's cool to hang out up there looking at all the idiots trying to get into the aforementioned times square tgifridays.

hope this helps.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) eat nothing but pizza. but, if you want something other than pizza: take the L to the myrtle-wyckoff stop, go out the entrance on wyckoff and get tacos and stuff from the truck out there. shit is cheap and delicious. make sure you go to the one on WYCKOFF... not the truck around the corner on myrtle.

Are you talking about El Paisa on Myrtle and Irving?

paisa-top.jpg

Their Al Pastor is pretty damn good, but I think they've fallen off. They used to do the tacos proper, now they gringo them up by using tomatoes and shredded lettuce and don't add the avocado sauce.

The truck that's behind McDonald's (right off the stop) is pretty good. I always get attitude when I go to the cart right outside the station so I stopped going there. The Chimi stand that is next to KFC is also damn good.

The taco place right off the Dekalb stop that looks like a diner is also really good.

If you like sushi, there are a ton of places, but if you want to save some money and drink some beers, I recommend going to Edo on E 17th (btwn Broadway and 5th). I went the other night and they had 50% off beers when you ordered food. Get the spicy roll combo and drink all night. It's right around the corner from Union Square.

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - July 15th, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any advertiser(non-12oz. paint shop ad) check out what the advertiser has to offer and while you are there

Take a screen grab on any page within the advertisers site and get 2 free weeks.

Each screen grab has to be from a different advertiser per day, you can only submit 2 screen grab ads per day, giving you 1 free month a day you participate. Thats 3 months if you send in 2 submissions a day until Friday.

Send me your screen grabs via Private message, we will update your account nightly. Please make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

DON'T send us your old screen shots from previous contests. We have them saved and will reference back to avoid schemers. We also know what ads are running, some have ended and some new ones have been dropped into rotation....

Enjoy…

This contest will run all week until Friday - July 15th, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

Are you talking about El Paisa on Myrtle and Irving?

paisa-top.jpg

Their Al Pastor is pretty damn good, but I think they've fallen off. They used to do the tacos proper, now they gringo them up by using tomatoes and shredded lettuce and don't add the avocado sauce.

The truck that's behind McDonald's (right off the stop) is pretty good. I always get attitude when I go to the cart right outside the station so I stopped going there. The Chimi stand that is next to KFC is also damn good.

The taco place right off the Dekalb stop that looks like a diner is also really good.

If you like sushi, there are a ton of places, but if you want to save some money and drink some beers, I recommend going to Edo on E 17th (btwn Broadway and 5th). I went the other night and they had 50% off beers when you ordered food. Get the spicy roll combo and drink all night. It's right around the corner from Union Square.

i know that spot, but i was talking about the cart outside the door if you make a left immediately after going out of the turnstiles (onto wyckoff, on the sidewalk in front of the station).

Some food recommendations.

marlow.jpg

http://marlowandsons.com/

The spot screams Brooklyn hipster, but the food is fucking good. If you like oysters, try it out.

A good Mexican spot in the Village is Mercadito.

4951066.92.jpg

http://www.mercaditorestaurants.com/aveb/

The portions are small and pricey compared to street food or your local Chili's, but it's really fucking good.

If you do go to Mercadito, you should then bar hop around to the speak easy joints. They are all in the same general area and you'll get to walk around the East Village.

Death and Company

9jAnEdRoKohuf5lkTKwWgMp9o1_500.jpg

Mayahuel - (Tequila and Mezcal themed)

cbk-460x345.jpg

Cienfuegos (Rum themed)

Cienfuegos.jpg

There are also tons of other bars and a few other speak easy joints in that area. Just wander from bar to bar drinking.

There's also Please Don't Tell, but you need to make reservations.

pdt1.jpg

http://www.pdtnyc.com/

You use a secret door in a phone booth to enter.

• Like 1

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run until tomorrow Friday - July 15th, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any advertiser(non-12oz. paint shop ad) check out what the advertiser has to offer and while you are there

Take a screen grab on any page within the advertisers site and get 2 free weeks.

Each screen grab has to be from a different advertiser per day, you can only submit 2 screen grab ads per day, giving you 1 free month a day you participate. Thats 2 months if you send in 2 submissions a day until Friday.

Send me your screen grabs via Private message, we will update your account nightly. Please make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

DON'T send us your old screen shots from previous contests. We have them saved and will reference back to avoid schemers. We also know what ads are running, some have ended and some new ones have been dropped into rotation....

Enjoy…

This contest will run until tomorrow Friday - July 15th, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

If you want to be a tourist and see NYC, take the 7 bus from 110th street, down Columbus Ave, to Broadway, through Times Square, and into Union Square (14th St.) It'll cost you $2.25 and you'll see most of Manhattan.

Then make your way down to The Staten Island Ferry for a free boat ride from Lower Manhattan to Staten Island. You'll See NYC from the water, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and even New Jersey. . . and best of all the shit is free.

I'd personally do a "Five Boro" tour if I came to NYC, I wouldn't spend all of my time in Manhattan.

Check out The Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens as well.