casey anthony trial ..

grimreap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i know that, shoulda quoted the persons comment on previous page, I never even heard of this case until it was mentioned on 12oz, not really been in the news over here.

But if evidence came up that suggested she did it then there should be a retrial, but that isnt the case is it? she cant be retried for the same crime?

that double jeopardy shit is stupid, if new evidence comes up that suggests someone was actually guilty they should be re-tried in court.

I don't understand why double jeopardy isn't permitted in the US but then I don't understand a lot.

We changed our law on double jeopardy in 2003, the first guy to be convicted after he had already been acquitted, killed a woman and raped her dead body for days afterwards. I'm down with the change in the law.

If someone is acquitted there on criminal charges can they then have civil proceedings brought against them?

We changed our law on double jeopardy in 2003, the first guy to be convicted after he had already been acquitted, killed a woman and raped her dead body for days afterwards. I'm down with the change in the law.

If someone is acquitted there on criminal charges can they then have civil proceedings brought against them?

Yes. It happened to OJ. He was found liable for "wrongful death" in the civil trial, following the criminal trial.

• Like 1

They can also have federal charges brought against them if they apply at all.

There are a few exceptions to double jeopardy and I'm pretty sure the prosecution always exhausts every avenue they can before wrapping up a trial unless they are inept.

I don't think double jeopardy opportunities arise as much as people would like to believe.

Like it or not, it affords a lot of protection to citizens, but it can be abused just like anything else.

OJ, FUCK YEAH.

Serious answers, I like it, thank you.

After the initial OJ buzz I didn't really pay much attention, I'm not sure it gripped us as much as it did you guys.

we have the mcanns no need for a second rate killer mum that can't hide a body properly

• Like 1

4005976255_a3a0594865.jpg

eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

That happens to chicks when they go to jail.

They get covered in prison acne.

I didn't think she deliberately murdered her kid, but I'm surprized they let her off without at least a manslaughter or aggravated child abuse leading to death.

I guess that's how the law's supposed to work when there's a lack of evidence directly tying it specifically to her.

If this wasn't such a high profile case she would have been convicted.

Tameeka from the block would have got put down like a dog.

the state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she committed the crime, which they evidently did not, the jurors weighed the evidence and returned their verdict based on that.

if she is guilty, the prosecution didn't do their job, that's the bottom line

THIS.

GOOGLE IT BR0

I GUESS THE COPS ARE TELLING PEOPLE TO STAY OFF HER BLOCK UNLESS THEY LIVE THERE. SO THEYRE JUST SENDING HOMEGIRL BACK TO THE CRIB AND THATS IT? THIS BITCH DROPPED A COIN ON HER WHOLE FAMILY. SHES GOT NOOOO PROTECTION. ITS LIKE IF NIGGAS HAD A CLEAN SHOT AT OJ DUDE WOULDA BEEN HISTORY IN '96. WATCH SOMEBODY BRUTALLY WHOOP HER ASS AT THE GROCERY STORE NEXT WEEK.

:lol: :lol:

i find it interesting that just as soon as the fireworks have finished, most of us star-spangled banner waving nerf bats are taking to the streets to decry the very legal system that makes this country everything that we celebrated yesterday.

/Inappropriate_Response

citizenkaneclapping. gif

all this shit was just a buzz in my ear. still is. cept for the verdict obviously.

but i'm sticking with the prosecution failed at they're jahb. basically. gonna

have to do some reading cause i really don't know shit about this bitches defense.