YO MERO.........its happened son

Frate_Raper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boy interviewed Ian McKaye back in the day, and after the interview the topic of skateboarding came up.

Some of you probably know that Ian used to skate with Henry Rollins back in the early 80's, so you'd expect him to have something to say about skateboarding.

What he said was basically skateboarders are a bunch of punk ass vandals who destroy property and that he agree's with the police cracking down on skateboarding at Pulaski park/Freedom Plaza.

"What I can say about skateboarding is that I really learned how to reassign properties to the world around me. This was not a conscious practice, but still it was occurring. Suddenly the weather means something completely different to you. Swimming pools take on a new potential reality. You’re not just taking a swim anymore. If you go into a parking lot and there’s a little bank on the side of it, you make a mental note of it. The surface of the streets, are they rough or smooth? There are any number of lines that you start to see.

I think when skaters walk down the street, they’re looking at it with an entirely different grid in their minds. I think this practice enabled me to redefine the world around me—to take what was given and then readjust it to make it work. When I got into music, specifically punk rock, that sort of redefinition was central. I would look at a situation, the circumstances that had been presented, and think, “Okay, I’m just going to change all of this, or at least change the way I’m thinking about it.” I come at things from a different place, and I think that’s something I really developed through skating.

To this day I swim to the bottom of swimming pools just to check out the transition."

Bald-ass dick.

ian-mackaye.jpg

Does this mean that Ian Makaye finally sold out?

Will this be out on Dischord records? Will both rap and hip-hop artists start playing $5 dollar shows? Will the members of Wu-Tang no longer do interviews in magazines with ads for liquor and cigarettes? Will rap albums now cost no more than $9.99?

I wonder what the deal was surrounding this. Ian Makaye preaches pretty hard about a lot of things, speaking against consumerism, drugs, alcohol, sex, etc. . . and now he's loaning music to a rap artist? Rap is all about drugs, sex, alcohol, consumerism, and basically living your life the exact opposite of Ian Maykaye, and what he rambles on about. . . tisk, tisk.

PoisonIdea.jpg

shove it up the straight edge assholes