YO MERO.........its happened son

Frate_Raper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. never thought i'd see this

and monster, i totally agree, i can only assume it's done without permission.

(or yeah, someone sold out big time on the hypocritical tip)

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/2011/06/doomtree_wugazi.php

Early details are slim, but we do know: the project is from the hive mind of Doomtree, will fill an album called 13 Chambers, and weaving Fugazi's sombre, piano-anchored "I'm So Tired" with Wu Tang's early keystone "C.R.E.A.M." could have ended very badly in the wrong hands. But Doomtree isn't some culturally appropriative hypesquad. Quick example: watching P.O.S. open for GZA while wearing a t-shirt of the politically radical and way over-the-top punk band Valient Thorr. The gang means it.

Here's what they had to say on their website:

It gives us great joy to unveil the first song off of an homage project that is quite close to all of us here at Doomtree: WUGAZI (that's Wu-Tang Clan and Fugazi in case you were born after the year 2000). Many more details will be trickling out over the next two weeks, but for now click on the image below and be one of the first to check out the awesome "Sleep Rules Everything Around Me," the first leak off of 13 Chambers. Perfect for 4th of July BBQ's.

My boy interviewed Ian McKaye back in the day, and after the interview the topic of skateboarding came up.

Some of you probably know that Ian used to skate with Henry Rollins back in the early 80's, so you'd expect him to have something to say about skateboarding.

What he said was basically skateboarders are a bunch of punk ass vandals who destroy property and that he agree's with the police cracking down on skateboarding at Pulaski park/Freedom Plaza.

Im interested in seeing if this was done with real permission.

And if you are new to 12oz or have just forgot about some of the debates Mero money and I have had in which he'd make Fugazi references etc about my opinions about terrible hat rack nigga hip hop,is why I posted this.

thats not Fugazi??? did someone really say that?

also im going to pray it was NOT done without permission. Ian wont even do a reunion tour with Minor Threat let alone letting some dj "mash up" one of the best records ever... gross

thats not Fugazi??? did someone really say that?

I lost interest in Fugazi some time in the mid 90's, so it's possible that they sound like Radio head now for all I know.

I could have swore I've heard this song before and thought it was either Radio Head or Coldplay or one of them.