Summer Concerts/Festivals 2011

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw Slayer and Rob Zombie in PA. Fuckin they didn't turn up the vocals for slayer at all.... I could just hear a fucking mud of drums and crap the whole time. really kind of blew. rob zombie i'm not as big a fan of, but his audio mix and stage show was all together better. pyrotechnics, giant puppets, and Johnny 5 from marilyn manson.

• Like 1

I think they're they on tour with tribal seeds. Those dudes are dope. I seen slightly stoopid last year with cypress hill and collie buddz and didn't really like them.

Ha

Know the bongo player for tribal seeds, didn't know they're touring nationally. Slightly stoopid is from here too.

A couple friends are trying to get me to go see slightly stoopid and rebelution the wknd.... The only reason I'm considering it is because Don Carlos will be playing too. Still not sure if I'm gonna go.

Just saw Slayer and Rob Zombie in PA. Fuckin they didn't turn up the vocals for slayer at all.... I could just hear a fucking mud of drums and crap the whole time. really kind of blew. rob zombie i'm not as big a fan of, but his audio mix and stage show was all together better. pyrotechnics, giant puppets, and Johnny 5 from marilyn manson.

will be seeing this tour this week.

how was exodus?

majority of the people i'm with will no doubt be leaving after slayer so probably gonna miss zombie..

is it worth checking out i have never seen him before...

There's lot's of trim at Slightly Stoopid/Rebelution type gigs. Especially in Sant Diago. Really the only reason I'd ever be at one of those bands shows. Teenie bopper shit.

That being said I have seen them both. Eh heh.

Got free tickets to see Portishead at the Greek Theater in Berkeley. As far as I'd heard, they sold out quickly. So that's a come up.

Also aquired two tickets to Thievery Corporation's show at the Fox in Oakland. I'm more amped for this than anything. The Fox is a small place so the shows I've seen there are always extra good. I haven't got a chance to see Thievery Corp yet and have heard nothing but amazing thangs about their live set. Gots to bring a betty with me for sure.

7ca280ff.jpg

I'll be there

Is DJ APR pretty well known? He's pretty big here but he's also local.

Was putting out solid, solid, roots mix tapes for a whileeee. Check out his YouTube channel for some dope rare mash ups. ROOTS ARCHIVES on YouTube....

I doubt j irie is known

its deff a big line up, but it seems like the same people at almost every elect festival the past couple years. same headliners, same stage set ups.

not tryin to stir shit up...just sayin

def hear you there, electric zoo sounds like its going to be a guido fest but i've never been to any EDM in NYC so i duno the scene

stir%20shit.gifstir%20shit.gifstir%20shit.gif