Google +

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm basing my predictions on the failure of this social network on the previous failures of google voice, and Wave.

They were actually innovative ideas but after the initial hype and once they were rolled out to the public fully they failed.

I really doubt google didn't anticipate the initial demand, this "over capacity" "too much demand" isn't fake exclusivity hype machine for good blog headlines.

I think google has a reputation for poor design and user interface, those circles are pretty and all, and better than FB, but still not that good aesthetically.

I think it will fail on the strength of it riding on facebooks coat tails, at a time when facebook and it's concepts have already peaked.

I'll stick by me statement, there isn't anything new here, it's just intrusive personal data mining with a different ui from a different company.

Who cares if you can hide certain shit a little quicker and easier from your online "friends"

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - July 15th, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any advertiser(non-12oz. paint shop ad) check out what the advertiser has to offer and while you are there

Take a screen grab on any page within the advertisers site and get 2 free weeks.

Each screen grab has to be from a different advertiser per day, you can only submit 2 screen grab ads per day, giving you 1 free month a day you participate. Thats 4 months if you send in 2 submissions a day until Friday.

Send me your screen grabs via Private message, we will update your account nightly. Please make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

DON'T send us your old screen shots from previous contests. We have them saved and will reference back to avoid schemers. We also know what ads are running, some have ended and some new ones have been dropped into rotation....

Enjoy…

This contest will run all week until Friday - July 15th, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

i use google voice daily, and i've converted a few people.

just awesome for me, who gets zero reception inside the building i work in..

we'll see how the plus works out.. my facebook is pretty much devoted to networking and saving rescue dogs at this point

I'm basing my predictions on the failure of this social network on the previous failures of google voice,

Yeah it's been stated but behind Gmail, gvoice is one of their biggest successes. Not everything a company does is going to be a w. But comparing this to wave is borderline retarded. People hated on wave immediately. So far, g+ is getting almost nothing but praise. Granted most of the people on right bow are nerds, but even among the females and computer retarded who I've given invites to, its been super positive.

It may fail, but with the amount effort and man hours they are putting into integrating this with every service they offer, a kinda doubt it. Its going public in a month. That means in a month every single person checking their gmail will also see a big + sign in the upper left corner of their screen. They would of heard of it by then, they will have a fair amount of friends on it, and all they have to do to share some pics is click that tab and start talking....

I just spent some time playing with the settings, I've worked out the whole 'privacy' thing, he little circle and bin animations are cute and I kinda like that I get to see some of my extended circles stream posts. I hate change but I think I'll get used to it.

Yeah it's been stated but behind Gmail, gvoice is one of their biggest successes. Not everything a company does is going to be a w. But comparing this to wave is borderline retarded. People hated on wave immediately. So far, g+ is getting almost nothing but praise. Granted most of the people on right bow are nerds, but even among the females and computer retarded who I've given invites to, its been super positive.

It may fail, but with the amount effort and man hours they are putting into integrating this with every service they offer, a kinda doubt it. Its going public in a month. That means in a month every single person checking their gmail will also see a big + sign in the upper left corner of their screen. They would of heard of it by then, they will have a fair amount of friends on it, and all they have to do to share some pics is click that tab and start talking....

It's not just wave, it's the previous TWO attempts they made at social networking.

They tried a google profile based on career first it failed.

Now their is the regular google Profile which is actually live, fail.

Picassa, although slightly popular pretty much a fail compared to flickr/photobucket/ and other photo sharing services.

Personally, I'm over facebook and have been for quite some time. I've also been burned by their intrusive data mining tactics.

Even if a few people I know sign up Im not trying to go through all that again with another data mining company.

Sure they put a few new spins on user interface but in the design/development community it's a joke.

Someone already made a css file that flawlessly takes their page and converts it to look exactly like FB.

We'll see I guess, my money is on people being sick of FB, it's like they dumped her and wen't out with her twin sister who has a different hairstyle and wears makeup,

she looks a little different but all the shit that annoyed you about her intrusive sister, mainly her snooping through your private life and selling the details is just as bad with her.

It's not just wave, it's the previous TWO attempts they made at social networking.

They tried a google profile based on career first it failed.

Now their is the regular google Profile which is actually live, fail.

Picassa, although slightly popular pretty much a fail compared to flickr/photobucket/ and other photo sharing services.

Personally, I'm over facebook and have been for quite some time. I've also been burned by their intrusive data mining tactics.

Even if a few people I know sign up Im not trying to go through all that again with another data mining company.

Sure they put a few new spins on user interface but in the design/development community it's a joke.

Someone already made a css file that flawlessly takes their page and converts it to look exactly like FB.

We'll see I guess, my money is on people being sick of FB, it's like they dumped her and wen't out with her twin sister who has a different hairstyle and wears makeup,

she looks a little different but all the shit that annoyed you about her intrusive sister, mainly her snooping through your private life and selling the details is just as bad with her.

Im having a hard enough time reading this as an actual reason you think this is going to fail? Google profiles didn't get dropped it got merged into google +. And google profiles wasn't an attempt at social anything. It was just a profile.

And people have already done an add on that lets you take circles and put it on fb What's your point? That people can take CSS and change the way it looks? That was kind of the point of CSS in the first place. I don't know if you're in some super fancy underground web design and development circles, but most of the people i went to school with who went to school for the shit, including me, have been digging it.

And all of the nerd blogs and forums i frequent have been loving it too, the most common complaint was people not knowing how to tweak their privacy... Which as GRD showed, even someone computer retarded will be able to figure out without too much digging...

Picassa is not a fail. Being behind FLICKR doesn't make it a fail, and when you say shit like "and other photo hosting services" it kind of proves you didn't look into shit at all. Just like you didn't look into how popular google voice is.

So back to my original point, if you think that this is going to fail because wave failed then i think you might want to do the smallest amount of research to figure out how much energy G is putting behind this, as opposed to wave, which was like a team of 6 dudes.

LOL, sorry about the multi Post, not sure how that happend since this board makes you wait 30 seconds between posts.

I don't remember hitting submit a bunch of times before I left, I'm not that new to this.

I hear your points but obviously disagree, still Facebook 2.0

^^ That.

When Facebook first popped up it reminded me of shit like Bebo. I didn't use it for a long time but my ex was always saying to her friends, "Hey I sent you a goldfish on Facebook!!". Google+ might be Facebook 2.0 but they seem to be taking a cleaner approach. Facebook minus the group of people flooding your feed with Mafia Wars updates.

I like it so far, it's clean and I like the integration with your email. I can check my Gmail and get Google+ updates while I'm there. So far I have a 12oz circle and one of the first people it told me to invite was my Mum :lol:

I'm sure they'll have a smartphone app soon enough too.