Google +

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anyone was wondering why i haven't been able to invite you yet...

The roll-out of Google's social network had to be stopped after just six hours because too many people wanted to join the new service.

Thousands were invited to test Google+ on Tuesday, but the internet search giant today admitted this was quickly stopped because of 'insane demand'.

Google's Vic Gundotra said: 'There was insane demand. We need to do this carefully, and in a controlled way.'

He did not specify when people will be invited to join Google+ again.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2009944/Google-Plus-Search-giant-suspends-social-network-invites-insane-demand.html#ixzz1QnoQV0y4

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2009944/Google-Plus-Search-giant-suspends-social-network-invites-insane-demand.html

Had you mentioned there would be 'circles' like that in your first post I might have been more enthusiastic.

I kinda want in now...only because google said I can't have an invite.

Sneaky google *shakes fist*

They are doing it through Skype. Group calling through Skype isn't free. All that is doing is catching them up to where gmail was 2 or so years ago

And fb chat is pathetic. If they wanted to impress me they'd get it working all the time. I constantly have people showing up as offline when they are. I don't get messages for hours. Ill get messages in my inbox when I'm online.

Seriously. Get the chat working right, then worry about adding features. That's fbs problem with everything.

I'm down with Google+. I'll be trying this out for sure, I hate Faceook. It took me years to get it and that's only because people stopped using MSN or bothering to use a phone.

All I use on Facebook is the chat, and even that doesn't work, now they've just made it more annoying.

Hopefully Google will let you customize your pages, from what I've seen you can already get a skin to make it look like Facebook (Why?) but I assume they would do this, like you can customize your Gmail.

Something like Myspace would be good though, letting you make full HTML/Flash pages.

HEY I'm 16 actually and I just wanna have a mad bling profile!

I only referred to MySpace for the HTML customization, for people who actually have sense rather then getting a code from MYGL1tt3rP@gez.com. :lol: Should have clarified.

Other examples then - Tumblr and Twitter allow you to customize your pages. Tumblr more so with custom HTML/CSS, but that's something I like in social networks, the ability to personalize.

Maybe if it wasn't even full access but simply a control panel to change colours/backgrounds/side bars that are visible, etc..

Although I can see that there are still a lot of retards who would find a way to make their pages look like absolute shit.

Y'know on facebook where you can set how much an individual sees of your profile, can you do that or do you have to have them in a specific circle and set limitations on that?

And if someone adds you to one of their circles can they automatically see your profile and have you show up in their stream an that?

I'm a bit confused by it all really.

so apparently they closed down the invites again. But i think i have a side way of getting you one. Im gonna put you guys in a circle and make a post with that circle, and it's supposed to send you invites eventually. You guys should of got at me quicker.

seffiks... i dunno why it didnt' work for you, i sent yours the same time as i sent milk grenades and she got hers.