watch live riots in vancouver over stanley cup upset

person

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"SOME CORNY HIPSTER DID A FILLIN OVER OUR MARKER TAG VANDALISM"...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ATTACH]163057.vB[/ATTACH]

ARTIELANG.jpg.d0e163a387eea29f363d1e7352a7276a.jpg

Letter from a ‘police officer in the suburbs’

A police officer who was on the frontline during the Stanley Cup chaos June 15 has penned a blog post chastising remorseful rioters that has attracted thousands of views.

Below is a copy of the full letter.

Dear 2011 Vancouver Stanley Cup Rioters,

Please stop saying you’re sorry. Stop posting YouTube videos begging for forgiveness. Stop writing letters asking that society cut you some slack and leave you alone.

While you were drunk and flipping cars, I was driving with all of my emergency equipment on to get into Vancouver. While you were throwing anything you could get your hands on at the police, I was pressure testing my APR and standing in the middle of the tear gas. While you and thousands of others disgraced Vancouver and its surrounding population, I stood shoulder to shoulder with a couple hundred men and women, whom I trust my life with, ready to address your indiscretions.

You came up to me like you owned the streets in your drunken stupor, thrust your middle fingers in my face and shouted obscenities; I didn’t snap you in half.

Actions speak louder than words.

You started “harmless” fires. You torched other men and women’s cars whom you’d never met and never did you wrong. You assaulted firemen as they arrived to try and deal with your “mistakes”. You took limited, valuable emergency resources away from good people who needed them. You endangered more lives by tying up emergency services than you ever considered.

You started fights. You stabbed people you’d never met because they somehow made you angry. You gave men and women trying to protect property life altering concussions. You brought paramedics into the tear gas and exhausted them trying to save people they’d never met.

You showed up to hospital emergency rooms crying because you’d been exposed to tear gas. You got obnoxious and demanded to be treated like you were somehow dying. You knew it was a riot, you chose not to leave, you chose to stick around and breathe the tear gas in. You took nurses and doctors away from people who needed their care to live. People they’d never met but work tirelessly to save. You demanded to be treated as if you were better than the rest of society.

You’d tell me that the emergency services personnel I speak of are paid to do this job and chose to be there. You’re right. We give a damn about people we’ve never met and property that isn’t ours, that’s why we do what we do. You disgust us.

What brought a tear to my eye, after the gas had cleared, was standing in the middle of an intersection at about 3 a.m. the only people I’d seen for the last 30 minutes were other police officers, until a shop keeper brought us a case of water. Then I saw a random person with a broom clearing the sidewalk. I had a duty to respond, the citizens of Vancouver immediately afterward could have just left it up to those paid to deal with it. They didn’t just stand by, they came out in force and cleaned up after your indiscretions. Everyone I saw that early morning thanked me, I was only doing my job. I have the utmost respect for all of the people from Vancouver and the surrounding areas that came downtown and volunteered to clean up after you.

You owe Vancouver and the surrounding population more than mere words. Don’t you dare ask for our forgiveness without taking responsibility. You can’t fix life altering injuries with an “I’m Sorry”. You can’t repay someone’s car loan with a YouTube video. You ask that people leave you and your family alone but you offer no way to replace priceless losses.

You’ll sleep soundly in your bed tonight because men and women like me will always be there to deal with your poor choices. You have no idea how fortunate you are, even after we arrest and charge you. Even though you disgust me, if you call for me in the middle of the night I’ll respond. I’ll protect your life and property because it’s right and it’s what I do.

The evening of June 15, 2011 fellow emergency services personnel, my brothers and sisters, left our families at home and while grossly out numbered stood to fight. The morning of June 16, 2011 the true heroes emerged to volunteer their time and restored my faith in humanity.

Actions speak louder than words. What are you going to do about that?

— a police officer from the suburbs, who was called in to serve and protect on that night; a proud Vancouverite.

http://www.theprovince.com/mobile/iphone/story.html?id=5007016

The evening of June 15, 2011 fellow emergency services personnel, my brothers and sisters, left our families at home and while grossly out numbered stood to fight. The morning of June 16, 2011 the true heroes emerged to volunteer their time and restored my faith in humanity.

THIS IS VANCOOOOOVAAAAA

sparta003.jpg

and mad about that graff, usually the 'nice worded' writers get praise. how you gonna hate on I LOVE YOU. besides thats a horrible throw.

you chose not to leave, you chose to stick around and breathe the tear gas in.

ehem...

Chasing the Riot - Vancouver, 2011 [HD 1080P]

Girl gets bit on the ass @ 1.40 by riot police dog.

One of the comments in that video:

" They couldn't go home! The Police would not let people leave certain parts of the riot zone.

When my buddy tried to go back to his hotel room the police held a baton to his head and told him if he tried to leave the riot zone that they would BEAT HIM. He had nothing to drink, was not using drugs, and was just there to catch the game on the big screen. And yet the Police refused to let him go back to his hotel? Like I said the whole thing was just a BIG training exercise."

Fuck that Cop who wrote that.

Id like to write him a letter, of how his kind disgust me.

The riot did put a black eye on the city of Vancouver, it happens.

Riots happen all the time even if not on that grand scale as they did in this case.

After VCU lost to Butler there was a riot with 1,000+ people, with damage being moderate at best for a ''riot'' and people tried to act as if Richmond and VCU were now a shithole becuse a few windows were broke, and a few things got burnt up, and theyre doing the same thing with Vancouver.

People in large masses, under the influence of a substance are bound to act out.

Some cars were burnt, some shit got fucked up, windows busted, it fucking happens.

I wasnt there, but ive watched video after video of the action and it was no worse than any other riot of its size and they act as if the people that day had crucified jesus.

How about we as human beings understand mob mentality and realize that there will be acts of devience, violence, and destruction of property in society? This isnt a perfect world.

Those police didnt care about lives, limb and all that other horse shit. The only part of that sentence that made sense is that he was there to protect PROPERTY. Thats the entire reason the police arrived, was to save the property of those who pay taxes, their salaries, and who fund their goverment overseers.

The cops dont rush in to save the stabbed, burnt and wounded, they surrond the banks, jewelery and electronic stores so shit dosent get stolen.

I could go on for days about this but ill leave it at that for now.

And to any smartass that wants to ask ''well what if it was your car, what if it was your shop?''

Well let me tell you asshole, if it was my car id file my insurance that I pay every god damn month and get a new one and be thankful for it, and if it was my store id expect the police to do some actually police work, find the fucker, and make him pay for whatever he stole or broke and if they didnt do so id not only refuse to pay my taxes but demand all my paid monies to ''public safety'' as they failed to do there job.

Cliffnotes: Fuck the police, riots happen, get over it.

Well let me tell you asshole, if it was my car id file my insurance that I pay every god damn month and get a new one and be thankful for it, and if it was my store id expect the police to do some actually police work, find the fucker, and make him pay for whatever he stole or broke and if they didnt do so id not only refuse to pay my taxes but demand all my paid monies to ''public safety'' as they failed to do there job.

You know if you're a business owner you could probably just file that damage and theft with your insurance just like you would with your car.

Just saying.

Cops have let me off my last 4 speeding tickets - I think these cops acted like understanding members of my community in the moment.

Last year a CN cop nabbed me for trespassing - and he acted like a real dick IMO.

Just saying.

Sometimes the circumstances determine your feeling towards other people, but to generalize and say "All cops suck" is as ignorant as me saying "All black people are thieves" or "All Americans are stupid".

I know if my house was broken into I would call the cops. But if I were painting a freight, they would be the last people I would want to see.

That is all.

Cops have let me off my last 4 speeding tickets - I think these cops acted like understanding members of my community in the moment.

Last year a CN cop nabbed me for trespassing - and he acted like a real dick IMO.

Just saying.

Sometimes the circumstances determine your feeling towards other people, but to generalize and say "All cops suck" is as ignorant as me saying "All black people are thieves" or "All Americans are stupid".

I know if my house was broken into I would call the cops. But if I were painting a freight, they would be the last people I would want to see.

That is all.

I have been left off/Talked out of 3/4 tickets ( the one was a small town deputy, impossible)

Ive been caught up on a tresspassing charge not too long ago thanks to a poor decision to hangout with drunk females, and the cops joked even though we had ran then hit us with charges.

The circumstance does change things, but for a policemen to say that people ''disgust'' him even speaking on those who participated in the riot is a load of shit, and he needs to remember that he is a cop, also known as one of the lowest life forms on earth.

Of course you cant say ''all cops suck'', ive had a Po or two cut me alot of slack and actually show some compassion for another human being who is young and made a ''bad'' decision.

However, majority of them can wash their mouth out with a sawed-off shotgun for all I care.

And I would never call the police unless my car got jacked, or I saw someone getting raped or some shit and I personally couldnt help in anyway.

Fuck calling them if your house is broken into besides for an insurance report, my Pops got robbed blind back in 07', he called the Po and they wouldnt even come out to look at the shit, they basically said all they can do is file a report and chances are theyd be long gone by now. True fucking story.

So just to make you happy, fuck (99%) of the police.

You know if you're a business owner you could probably just file that damage and theft with your insurance just like you would with your car.

Just saying.

Yeah but Windows carry seperate insurance that is generally highly expensive, and most store owners dont anticipate a riot happening outside their Dick's sporting goods.

Im sure alot of the damage would be covered, and anything that wasnt the police better fucking find and return, or catch the culprit and get my restitution.

And if they fail at that, I expect a check from uncle Sam or a tax break

Just saying.

That is all.

[ATTACH]163434.vB[/ATTACH]

stfuiron.jpg.ad87afe7a95af9403ed56b64d44b2f04.jpg