boiiyyyy you better speak dat english, this here is amurica rabble herpa derp...

Cymatics

I count my dog as my BEST friend...don't know why it's considered an insult to call someone a "dog"...they're loyal, trusting, with many fine traits you'd like friends to have.

I originally signed into 12oz for the graff...NEVER in a million years did I expect to find stimulating political reparte or garage punk/psych tunes...so, it's rather fabulous for me...

As for familial bonding...cultural obligations can be rewarding & entrapping... I moved back to my old BK neighborhood, which I NEVER liked, when my Mom became terminally ill...now I remain for my Pops. My son & brother are here too. Relatives all in Hawaii, or out west...

I have to do right by my family, so I choose to ignore the leg-irons...

My dog is my best friend on the non human side. I would probably throw my life away to save the little guy. That's much more than I'd offer some of my human friends.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try not to actually think for myself about the individual issues either.

If agree with someone or not is based on stereotypes like "Government Official" or "Redneck".

Allll-righty then...no worries...

(ps- the grammar in your last sentence is like a non-English speaking elephant on my screen...no lo comprendo...)

Andiamo...

Do I feel threatened by Hispanics? No. I'm a little disturbed by their unwillingness to speak our language and some of the things I've heard them say in Spanish towards other Americans, but realistically I doubt all immigrants feel the way the few I've heard speak that way.

I want you to understand that I don't go around thinking or saying racist things towards them or other races. Part of me is actually a little jealous of the Hispanic community. They have what we once had with tight knit communities and families. I don't hate them because of this. I just don't like their unwillingness to at least try to learn our language.

This is how I feel. I deal with alot of people with a spanish background and it amazes me what they say in spanish when they think you can not understand them. I write it off as those people are not only assholes, but punks too, because they are not willing to say those things in your face.

This is not just spanish people either, I have a lady that works for me who is chinese and grew up in the philippines. She has been here for over 30 years and is married to a white rancher guy. Nice enough lady, but it is hard as hell to understand her. I would think after 30+ years, she would be able to speak english at least so I can always understand her, but nope, she still has broken english. I think she is fucking with me to get over and blame it on the language barrier.

I don't consider anyone with a southern drawl a redneck...the term has certain corresponding attributes that I find unappealing.

In all honesty, the southern states & I are like oil-n-water. A mutual discomfort agreement.

Driving on highways peppered with HUGE crosses? Non grazie...

I'll start erecting some swastika's to mix it up for you, mein fraulein.

I keed.

Also, do you really let that shit bother you? There's this farm I've been past on the highway between Montgomery and Birmingham

with a sign stating that all those who read it will burn in hell. I always find it amusing that the owner assumes that I am a bad person.

Maybe he thinks B'Ham is bad?

I'm not sure if you realized it or not but I was being sarcastic in my last statement.

It's incredibly closed minded to write off an entire region or Country/Southern Culture in general as no good.

Not that I expect you to believe me but I'll give the same advise I'd give to anyone with pre-judging issues.

You'll be missing out in life and on connecting with some really cool people if you're that much against any group of people as a whole.

Wow, talk about thin skin. It's a joke.

Thanks, Mercer.

Btw, HOPE NOT, this is a really relaxed forum with people of all races, religions, non religions, backgrounds, etc.

We joke around regularly. It's not about hate. If it is, they get banned really quickly. You'll learn that the 12oz community is tight knit

enough that we regularly argue and carry on, but none of us take it personally.

HOPE, Casek and Mercer are good guys believe me, any name calling or shit like that that comes in here is all in good fun and sarcasm! Even the people I really disagree with I can get on with on a friendly basis, don't let it deter you, we are just imune to the 12oz harshness nowadays!!

As I said before if you are gonna live in a country learn the language, my wife is German and she has lived in the UK for 12 years now and her English is probably better than mine! (and Im English!)

Wow, talk about thin skin. It's a joke.

Thanks, Mercer.

Btw, HOPE NOT, this is a really relaxed forum with people of all races, religions, non religions, backgrounds, etc.

We joke around regularly. It's not about hate. If it is, they get banned really quickly. You'll learn that the 12oz community is tight knit

enough that we regularly argue and carry on, but none of us take it personally.

I take everything personally, I actually write down all of the quotes in my notebook and i'm plotting terrorist revenge on my victims.

that's a JOKE. :lol:

• Like 1

english is the most widely spoken language in america, it is an english speaking country so imo you have an obligation to learn english and learn to speak it well if you are to move here, and atleast some conversational english if you are visiting. i don't expect if i go overseas for people to speak english to me, and if i moved to somewhere like japan or something i would make an effort to learn the language. if you plan on moving here you need to learn the language one way or the other. so i understand the senators frustration.

that all being said learning new languages can be hard as fuck, and even after years of speaking a second language people can still have trouble understanding it..so if this dude was given the option of speaking in spanish or englsih and he chose spanish im not tripping on it. it is what it is..

really need to learn German as my wife is fluent and it opens more options for where to live.

Don't do it. It's useless - only about 100 million people speak it and the weather is as miserable as on your island over here. Go instead for French, Spanish, Chinese or another language that is spoken widely. German is only of use in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, South Tyrol, Eastern Belgium, South Denmark and i heard in Namibia they still have newspapers in German language. Swiss people all understand German but their Switzerdütsch (accent) is hard to decipher for speakers of Standard/High German. Some Czechs, Slovenes, Poles and Hungarians may understand you if you ask them something in German, however they will most likely better understand you if you use English since English is today's lingua franca and everybody in Europe learns it in school.

I'm pretty sure English is studied elsewhere (outta the US) by most university-bound students. Hell, maybe high school students too. The almighty dollar $$$ speaks English.

Over here in Germany every student learns at least one foreign language i.e. English from 5th grade on. Higher education usually features 2, 3 or 4 foreign languages.

This has nothing to do with the almighty dollar (which isn't so almighty anymore btw). See, Europe is far more diverse than the U.S. in terms of language and culture but people trade and need to communicate with each other. Therefore sort of a common language is required. Today it is English, in the past it was for example French and Latin.