Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Porcelain

12oz CHANNEL ZERO Android App.

Sounds like a good idea.

I have a whole bunch of other apps that are smaller forms of websites and even sections of websites. I have none of the smarts to even know where to start to make an app. Nor do i want to go and learn. Anyone know the difficulties or time it takes to do so?

P.S. I guess if it can be done for iPhone too why not?

Thoughts? Comments? Boogie Hands Droid? android-donut.jpg

while i was reading this i spilled my glass of water. no relation to the topic, just an fyi

This was discussed recently and I believe raven said something along the lines of...

"Apple is very picky in what they allow to be apps, so the vision he had for one might be declined. As for 12oz itself we are rolling out a hugeeeee facelift soon (very soon by now). Then after all that is said and done we might work on an app."

The new 12oz is going to be dope, some of us have tried pieces of it out already.

I never really understood the point of an application for a website.

What's wrong with the web browser? For an iphone a can maybe see using one for a flash-heavy site.

But for android?

Currently viewing on a Droid phone, as I do everyday.. apps make niggas lazy, got it bookmarked, what do I need an app for?

withthe amount of work going into the new facelift to the site there wouldnt be time to work on apps, although I think Raven mentioned that IF in the future the new site could be ported or would be able to work as an app, if they chose to dvelop it.

I don't see the reason for website apps though, as dcay said just book mark that stuff, never had any flash problems on my HTC.

Things an app can provide that a browser cant:

push notifications

upload / post photo

upload / post video

upload / post audio

faster page loads

direct 1 click access

Also, I think they're working to make the entire site easier for devices like iphones and most of the imitation iphones.

The most that should be done is optimising the website for mobile browsers.

Developing an app seems pointless.

So being able to upload a photo directly is pointless then?

Have you tried posting a photo on here using a smartphone, it's a gigantic pain in the ass.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this