Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Creampuff

Nakins give you money

San Francisco PD have caught a crook using an ingeniously low-fi method to rip people off ATMs: napkins.

A merchant on Divisadero Street tipped the cops off after he spied the crook stuffing napkins up into ATM cash dispenser slots. When people tried to take cash out, it would get stuck up behind the napkins. After they walked away frustrated, the guy just strolled over, reached up into the slot, and dislodged the napkins, and walked away with their cash.

According to the police, the man who lived in the Tenderloin district of San Fran, is a serial napkin stuffer. He was charged with burglary. After they arrested him, cops found another ATM stuffed with napkins close by.

http://consumerist.com/2010/11/new-atm-scam-uses-napkins.html

prettty much a brilliant idea. who likes money?

raise-hand.jpg

"They say it's the number of napkins I stuffed, I say it's the principle. "

Banks usually refund your money if it doesn't come out of the atm. Even if a bum is scamming it.

This means the banks lose money, which means they lift fees, charges, etc. that you then have to pay!

So really he is ripping YOU off.

You should be umad.

I'm sitting less than two blocks from Divisadero as I type this....maybe I should take a walk down there and see if the cops missed anything, it's a pretty short street.

dont give me no bammer weed

i was doing this years ago to vending machines in high school, stuff some toilet paper in the coin return slot in the morning come back at lunch time, cash out and repeat.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now