This coin is legal tender for all depts, public and private

12packprophet

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If dude walked in with a bag of pennies I wouldnt go as far as getting him arrested I'd probably tell him to get the fuck outta here with that shit.

If they were in little those little paper penny roller things, that's a whole different story.

Either way, if you're gonna pay for something with massive amounts of coins at least have them rolled up and ready to be counted. Few things are worse than waiting in line behind some dickhead with a bag of pennies. People have shit to do, we all can't sit around and wait for some dude to try and make a statement.

Pennies should be fazed the fuck out.

I'm sure there's some bullshit reason they have like somewhere in Kansas there is still a penny gum ball machine in use.

But for real though, I heard a penny costs more than a cent to make and they're not even copper all the way through.

What a fucking waste of tax dollars and everyones time, everything can be rounded up or down to within a nickel.

Whatever bullshit reasons they have for keeping them around it still can't trump the reality of millions of people being annoyed by pennies, their fucking stupid.

How many man hours are wasted counting pennies and rolling them shits up, how many trees have to be cut down to make the rolls.

Pennies might have been useful back in 1776 or when they first started making them but they sure as fuck aren't now.

If gas stations can work it out so gas costs $3.99.99 a gallon why the fuck cant we just get rid of pennies.

In conclusion, Fuck Pennies.

^And until they actually are fazed out, more people should pay what they conceive to be bullshit bills with pennies.

Maybe it'll catch on to the point where the government is actually forced to do what you said and follow in Australia's suit by fazing out pennies.

Then when they do that, people should start paying bills that they disagree with in nickels.

250px-1793_Chain_cent.png

The Chain cent was the first circulating coin produced by the U.S. Mint.

Production at a loss — As of March 2008, it costs about 1.7 cents to mint a penny.[3] Now that the price of the raw materials exceeds the face value, there is a risk that coins will be illegally melted down for raw materials.

Lost productivity and opportunity cost of use — With the average wage in the U.S. being about $17 per hour in 2006, it takes about two seconds to earn one cent. Thus, it is not worthwhile for most people to deal with a penny. If it takes only two seconds extra for each transaction that uses a penny, the cost of time wasted in the U.S. is about $3.65 per person annually, about $1 billion for all America.Using a different calculation, economist Robert Whaples estimates a $300 million annual loss.

Limited utility — Pennies are not accepted by all vending machines or toll booths, and pennies are generally not accepted in bulk. In addition, people often do not use cents to pay at all; they may simply use larger denominations and get pennies in return.Pennies end up sitting in jars or are thrown away and are not in circulation. Economist Greg Mankiw says that "The purpose of the monetary system is to facilitate exchange, but... the penny no longer serves that purpose."

Prices would not be higher — Research by Robert Whaples, an economics professor at Wake Forest University, using data on nearly 200,000 transactions from a multi-state convenience store chain shows that rounding would have virtually no effect. Consumers would gain a tiny amount – about 1/40th of a cent per transaction.

Historical precedents — There has never been a coin in circulation in the U.S. worth as little as the penny is worth today. Due to monetary inflation, as of 2007, a nickel is worth approximately what a penny was worth in 1972. When the United States discontinued the half-cent coin in 1857, it had a 2008-equivalent buying power of 11 cents. After 1857, the new smallest coin was the cent, which had a 2008-equivalent buying power of 26 cents. The nickel fell below that value in 1974; the dime (at 10 cents) fell below that value in 1980;[10] the quarter (at 25 cents) fell below that value in 2007.

Hazards — The reduced-cost clad zinc penny, which has been produced since mid-1982, holds additional dangers when swallowed by children and others, unlike all previous U.S. coins. If the copper plating is breached, the penny quickly corrodes into a sharp-edged object, which is more likely to lodge in the digestive tract. Injury is more likely and furthermore, zinc and copper digested from the lodged pennies may be toxic. An 11 lb (5-kilogram) dog was fatally poisoned by swallowing two pennies.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yao-ming-meme-generator-asdasd-asdads-76fc3f.jpg

With the average wage in the U.S. being about $17 per hour in 2006

Bro... I know you live in NYC now, but you're originally from Pittsburgh and know damned well that the "average American" does not make $17 dollars an hour neither now nor in 2006.

The only way that it's even posibly feasible to come up with a "national average" like that is if you contrast the filthy richest 2% of American blood sucking billionaires against the other 98% of the rest of us.

And those other 98% sure as fuck do not make $17 an hour, otherwise we wouldn't be in the biggest recession in this countries history since the great depression.

Oh.. wait... I almost forgot that this is Channel Zero land where everybody makes $14 an hour at McDonalds.

Nevermind.

Disregard facts, acquire myths.

Anybody with a couple years work experience in a relevant field or with a bachelor's degree makes over $17 an hour EASILY. L-oh-fucking-l. I started at $12 being a general tech with no automotive work experience aside from side jobs I did, and within 3 years I was a regular mechanic at $16, with a high school diploma. I can however see how you would not make it to $17/hr if you happen to argue with your co-workers about dogs being whales all day.

Anybody with a couple years work experience in a relevant field or with a bachelor's degree makes over $17 an hour EASILY. L-oh-fucking-l. I started at $12 being a general tech with no automotive work experience aside from side jobs I did, and within 3 years I was a regular mechanic at $16, with a high school diploma. I can however see how you would not make it to $17/hr if you happen to argue with your co-workers about dogs being whales all day.

whale+dog.jpg

• Like 1