Bands you have seen live

qsysue

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Devildriver play with Napalm death couple years back, a skinhead picked me up by my shoulders like i was fuckin % lbs. and threw me into the pit haha. Gwars always fun, until you have to explain to co-workers why you dyed green/red the next day. Aquabats crack me up every time i see them, superhero fights and inflateable jet-skis! The one show i regret not going to is the last ozzfesr that pantera played, never got to see them or Dimebag live. I have a list of bands i want to see live, and most all of them are crossed off b now. Still havnt seen mastodon tho.

Wow, great thread!

I went to probably a couple hundred shows in the early 2000's. I live relatively close to NYC, Philly, Baltimore and D.C., so I'd go to a couple a week, sometimes catching the same band in 3 different cities if I could.

My problem was that I almost always (read always) got super fucked up and didn't really enjoy/remember 90% of the gigs I've been to. I was talking to someone today about Gogol Bordello and how I don't really care for them, and five minutes after the convo was over I realized that not only did I see them once, but twice - totally forgotten. I saw the Pixies when they first reunited in D.C. and hated it because I was broke and sober, kind of a bummer to look back onto it now.

Most memorable was most definitely Bad Brains with Murphy's Law opening in D.C. at the 9:30 club. The Bad Brains were everything I had hoped for and more. So awesome. I also saw Mission of Burma several times and they put on the best show I've ever been to, everytime. The Rapture shortly after their first album dropped was amazing as well.

I took a break for a few years while dealing with addiction issues, but also saw Dinosaur Jr. in that time frame which was awesome, although Mike Watt opening kind of blew Dinosaur Jr. away.

I turned 30 this past winter and I'm trying to get my drinking under control (not drinking at all). Not going so well. I saw The Queers last week, and was really stoked to see them as they're one of favorite bands, but it sucks because I pretty much blacked out by the time they came on, although I was told later that I had a really great time.

It sucks! I'm so used to having a beer in hand at shows, that its a really hard habit to break, not to mention that it helps me overcome my social anxiety. But it sucks even more that I saw tons of awesome bands and have so little to show for it except a few t-shirts and ticket stubs.

So that's where I'm at now. I decided that I'm going to go to as many shows as possible again, that really was the best time of my life. I'm going to try and do it over minus the booze and drugs.

Edit: I just remembered Yo La Tengo, fucking amazing! Met the band outside at a sold out show and came in as their guests, awesome!

soul search

mother of mercy

lockdown

trapped under ice

terror

foundation

title fight

dead end path

cast aside

agitator

alpha and omega

anchor

as blood runs black

the acacia strain

cruel hand

expire

for the fallen dreams

freelance whales

the ghost inside

naysayer

stick together

stray from the path

swamo thing

upon a burning body

veil of maya

turnstile

dead and dreaming

break away

tough luck

deadbeat

pushing on

vicegrip

POA

product of waste

rock bottom

heathens

the mongoloids

backtrack

ive seen a couple twice, thrice, whatever. coolest show was probably cast aside reunion show. shit was crazy. other than that, every show is fun to me.

EDIT: I really want to see hatebreed, though. i'd probably murder a couple of people when they play.

been to hundreds of shows through the years...

first. NOFX, SamIam, Ten Foot Pole, Novemeber 12, 1994.

most violent, Circle Jerks out of all bands. mad neo nazis.

best grindcore shows, Los Crudos. and Assuck, Locust, Jenny Picolo.

best hip hop show- pharcyde. ghost always put on a damn good show if the sound quality was right.

seen hundreds, into thousands of shows since 94. lucky for me my dad liked punk, and jazz and much as he liked dope. pops went to almost every punk, grindcore, and hip hop show I went to from 94 to present day still goes. bump thread.

• Like 1

EDIT: I really want to see hatebreed, though. i'd probably murder a couple of people when they play.

Just reminded me, i saw hatebreed with lamb of god and behemoth in sd, one of the best/gnarliest shows ive been to. Tons of marine dickheads tho.

I saw blood brothers a few times and i know this band is not for everyone one but they put on a kickass show

My first concert ever was war and that was .....too young to fully appreciate and still awesome

I smoked a blunt with chali 2na and his wife:b

I saw jedi mind tricks and the sound went out and they kept freestyling and going acapella

Also barrington levy and the wailers were dope

What live shows have you seen that stood out in some way?

For me...

Most intense: A tie between the Butthole Surfers/Soundgarden/St Vitus/U-Men in 1987, and Converge in 2009.

Most fun: Hoodoo Gurus w/the Young Fresh Fellows, late 80s. Only show I've ever been to where I knew every word of every song played.

Most unforgettable: Jane's Addicition w/Soundgarden in 1986 or so for $2. I don't know if life gets better than that.

U2/Sting/Jackson Browne/Lou Reed/Peter Gabriel/etc, Amnesty International tour, 1986. I got to meet U2, who I idolized (hey, I was 16), the day before, and when Bono pulled a girl on stage during "Bad," it was my friend's friend, who was with us when we met the band.

Also Gruntruck, when some drunk guy spilled his drink all over my pregnant belly.

Most violent: I think this would have to go to Converge, although if a fight ever breaks out at a show, you can bet it's going to happen right next to wherever I'm standing. It's like I'm a magnet for that kind of thing.

Most euphoria-inducing: Isis.

Most impressive(?): I once saw Nirvana play at a college dorm party, Halloween night, 1988.

Band I most wish would reunite so I could see them live again: Graves at Sea.

Show I wish I could relive: Bad Brains, 1990. I was pregnant and scared the noise would hurt the baby so I spent most of it in the foyer.

Bands that are on my not-to-be-missed list: Low, the Frames, and Soundtrack of Our Lives. All are outstanding live.

I've seen hundreds of bands live...see here for basically a full list.

What about you?

--

Somehow I'm thinking your dates don't add up for some of these shows.

And even if they did, somehow I doubt that you'd ever find yourself at a Converge show much less including it as one of your favorite shows ever.

Call me an asshole, but I'm calling bullshit on your cool story bro.

And I'm not denying that I'm an asshole.

Limp Wrist

Daughters

The Locust

Cattle Decapitation

Said Radio (ex Nerve Agents)

Circle Jerks

Plenty of others, those are just the shows that really stuck out to me.

I actually missed Doom in Oakland earlier this week. Too pregnant to go to shows. I also missed Anal Cunt, Subhumans, and Crass. (Some reunion type shit, I heard it wasn't that great anyways but still would like to have gone.)

Somehow I'm thinking your dates don't add up for some of these shows.

And even if they did, somehow I doubt that you'd ever find yourself at a Converge show much less including it as one of your favorite shows ever.

Call me an asshole, but I'm calling bullshit on your cool story bro.

And I'm not denying that I'm an asshole.

She posted her blog, take 2 minutes to skim through and you'll find the 'proof' you're looking for.

Oh look, a post with video/photos from a Converge show

http://strangepulse.com/category/all-roads-lead-to-converge/

Not everything needs to be disproved.

Anyway, last band I saw was Acid King and before that... I can't remember. Probably Mindsnare or something a few years ago.

Actually I shot the Promoe & Cosmic gig in January, forgot about that.

She posted her blog, take 2 minutes to skim through and you'll find the 'proof' you're looking for.

Not everything needs to be disproved.

Anyway, last band I saw was Acid King and before that... I can't remember. Probably Mindsnare or something a few years ago.

Actually I shot the Promoe & Cosmic gig in January, forgot about that.

So she was at a Janes Addiction show in 86 and a Sound Garden show in 87, then somehow evolved into Converge in 2009, then somehow devolved into that Soundtrack for our Lives bullshit?

And you don't think that this is some kind of bullshit spam from the later band?

For real?

I missed out on seeing Defeater when they were out here playing with Miles Away, that would have been a sick show but I was too late/far away to get there.

And 12pack, I can't view that YouTube link you posted before so I don't know how terrible the song is :lol:

Damn, see them next time. They played a fest here in a high school and probably like 2000 people watched them. It was nuts.

And if you read that bitches text while looking at the photos and actually belive that this troll took those photos then there really is no hope for you.

What's wrong with the text? It's more photography based and written by a mother, maybe she took her kids to the show. I find it more credible then half the kids on Tumblr who think they're band photographers and claim 'hardcore'.

I've got her as a contact on Flickr, have read through the blog and I give her as much credibility as anyone else who posts in Untitled or days in pies.

Someone send her some Oontz stickers to throw up next time she shoots some photos. I see no troll, I guess I'm just a no-hoper.