Bands you have seen live

qsysue

New Model Army! It's so rare for me to find a fellow NMA fan. I've seen them 3 or 4 times I think. Once in the early 90s, where I stuck around after and had them sign my copy of their very first record single. They were pretty surprised when I hauled it out of my bag.

newmodelarmy-bittersweet.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why but I'm going to attempt to remember...

Weezer

Teenage Fan club

That Dog

7 Seconds

The Queers

Blanks 77

Pink Lincolns

The Nobody's

Pagan Holiday

Converge

Breather Resist

Between the Buried And Me

Melt Banana

Don Cabellero

Zombi

Cave In

NOFX

Bouncing Souls

Tom Tom Club

X

Mose Giganticus

The Emotron

Baroness

The Roots

Bahamadia

Dead Presidents

I'm drawing a blank now but 100's of punk and hardcore bands between 1994-today. Most of these listed were really good so I remember them. I'm jealous of many of your all's lists.

New Model Army! It's so rare for me to find a fellow NMA fan. I've seen them 3 or 4 times I think. Once in the early 90s, where I stuck around after and had them sign my copy of their very first record single. They were pretty surprised when I hauled it out of my bag.

newmodelarmy-bittersweet.jpg

That's awesome! They used to play my local club quite a lot, an old friend who worked there used to roadie for them, they're really great live, even now. I'm off to see them in October.

Mercer, good music should be enjoyed on vinyl, silly :)

Teenage Fanclub are great live, I should have had them on my list! Dinosaur Jr also annnnnd Belle and Sebastien, Ryan Adams, Bright Eyes and The Ruts with Rollins for the Paul Fox benefit, UK Subs were on the Same Bill and they fucking rocked.

I really am going to stop now, I know shows are gonna keep popping into my head all day though.

First show I can remember was madball, earth crisis, hatebreed, and skarhead in '97 in dc.

Saw bad brains when they first changed their name to soul brains, the pilfers opened for them and were awesome.

The dc superbowl of hc in like 98 or 99 had 25 ta life when they were still good, next step up, murphys law, dying fetus(with such great songs as "rape you mom and kill your fucking dog"),and a bunch other coil bands I don't remember.

Sick of it all was always intense.

Since living in Chicago for the last 12 years, got to see rise against before they turned pop, arma angelus(awesome hc band with Pete went before the lame fallout boy stuff)

I could go on for days

~Wu-Tang Clan, minus ODB in 2007.

*1/2 of Wu-Tang Clan jumped off stage to beat the daylights out of this drunk FAGGOT that kept screaming "where is ODB at?! where is ODB at!?"

Security let them fuck his shit up then security fucked him up worse

there's youtube videos of it

~Dimmu Borgir~ was very fucking rad live

they lived that epic black metal shit up

SOO intense. all the face paint, showering crowd with fake blood

*this was all with

~Lamb of God

Fear Factory

Hatebreed

SuperJoint Ritual

Unearth, Mastadon, Himsa, Dope, Sworn Enemy

Bleeding Through, Everytime I Die, Shadows Fall, As I Lay Dying,

i'm sure my tops do not rank anywhere near alot of what's posted on here thou

~Metalica

Chimira

De La Soul

the Pharcyde

A Tribe Called Quest

BlackStar

Rakim

Immortal Technique & all his washington heights mc's & dj's

KidSister

Floss-Tradamus

BeatJunkies DJ crew

watching SuperNatural freestyle

freestyling with the Cool Kids after their show

freestyling with Carnage, as he jumped into a cypher, after doing a 15,000 head festivle

b.boying with CrownCityRockers

BASSNECTAR

being showered with GreyGoose front row with hot sluts at Steve Aoki

Skarp with BlackMarket Fetus

..all the DIY gutter punk & hiphop show's i've seen

Chicago with Earth Wind & Fire

Digable Planets

.... as i said thou, i can only imagine this doesnt rank high compared to some other people's

..i've heard of people going into multi thousand attended, Slayer show's with brass knuckles & then being rushed out unconious to the ER on a stretcher

In no particular order/dates:

Chemical Brothers

Underworld

Coldcut

Dinosaur Jr

Helmet

Nirvana

Modest Mouse

Battles

Explosions in the Sky

Minus the Bear

Prince Paul (his soundman got into a fight with a bouncer, show ended early -_- )

Man Man <- amazing live

Tim Fite

Jeezy

TI

8-Ball/MJG

Atari Teenage Riot

My Morning Jacket

Silversun Pickups

Plus *tons* of djs/dj crews: craze, atrak, dieselboy, soulslinger, qbert, ned hoddings, scratch perverts, bad boy bill, etc etc. pretty much every dj worth a shit that doesn't play trance.

Every time i read a new post it unlocks more booze blocked shows from the past haha, i love it. Bad brains was fun, but i saw them at House of blues and its just toooooo fucking small there, couldn't even move. Municipal waste is awesome every time, i remember at the fox The singer stops mid song and goes "You know, all these lovely balconies in here and noones jumping off of them??" Before he could finish the sentence there was at least 5 kids mid-air haha.

Marilyn Manson

ICP

GODSMACK

CREED

Puddle of MUD

LIMP BIZKIT

KORN

SLIPKNOT

REBECCA BLACK (awesome concert omg)

STAIND

KID ROCK

and a bunch of other hard rock bands.

jealous? i bet.

Family Values tours are sick br0. i believe you forgot Rammstein, Incubus, Mobb Deep, DMX, Primus, Method Man & Redman, Filter Ice Cube and Orgy.. maybe a few others, Rebecca Black might have been there, in some sluts womb.

Oh yeah, I saw the first Lalapalooza tour way back when...I'd just had my second kid and couldn't find a babysitter for the baby, so we took her with us. Interesting to see Ice T doing "Cop Killer" while holding a new born. We ended up leaving early because it started raining, but we caught Siouxise, RHCP, and Violent Femmes, I think. I can't remember it too well. That's why I started taking pictures at shows.

Every time i read a new post it unlocks more booze blocked shows from the past haha, i love it. Bad brains was fun, but i saw them at House of blues and its just toooooo fucking small there, couldn't even move. Municipal waste is awesome every time, i remember at the fox The singer stops mid song and goes "You know, all these lovely balconies in here and noones jumping off of them??" Before he could finish the sentence there was at least 5 kids mid-air haha.

Was that the recent Scion Metal Fest show in Pomona? My sons went to that. You know the guy who was dumping trash cans out onto people? Well my son was one of the people who got hit in the head by it...haha.

Saw ice-t with body count at warped tour in 98 at rfk stadium. He kept taunting the cops the whole set saying he would be arrested if they played cop killer. Played it last and split. Also saw ten minutes of the deftones that day before I realized they have the worst stage show ever, so I went ti another stage to watch hatebreed for like the fifth time that year.