Bands you have seen live

qsysue

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biz Markie and Roxanne Shanté

hypnotic brass ensemble...

people under the stairs...

Souls of mischief... in a room with aboot ten people. no exaggeration

Bruce Springsteen and the E street band...

that's pretty much all i can remember for now...

And if you read that bitches text while looking at the photos and actually belive that this troll took those photos then there really is no hope for you.

What's so hard to believe? I have really diverse taste in music. I like it all, from doom metal to bluegrass. I grew up in Seattle in the 80s, got to see all the local bands play small all ages clubs--once saw Mother Love Bone and Alice in Chains play a roller rink.

Converge are actually one of my favorite bands ever. I got to shake Jacob's hand the last time I saw them and told my son (who came along) I wasn't ever going to wash it again.

I started taking pictures at shows in the late 90s/early 00s because of all the shows I saw as a teenager that I can't remember. Taking pictures documents it for me and cements it more in my memory. (It kills me that I once saw Michael Hedges live and the only thing I can remember is standing in front of a large speaker.)

And The Soundtrack of Our Lives is not a lame band. At least one of the members used to be in an old punk band called Union Carbide Productions. Live, they are really entertaining. My husband's a total metalhead and even he agrees with me that live they are something else.

Saw Devildriver play with Napalm death couple years back, a skinhead picked me up by my shoulders like i was fuckin % lbs. and threw me into the pit haha. Gwars always fun, until you have to explain to co-workers why you dyed green/red the next day. Aquabats crack me up every time i see them, superhero fights and inflateable jet-skis! The one show i regret not going to is the last ozzfesr that pantera played, never got to see them or Dimebag live. I have a list of bands i want to see live, and most all of them are crossed off b now. Still havnt seen mastodon tho.

I've seen Mastodon a few times, including that tour they did with Dethklok. They're great.

Has anybody seen king diamond/ mercyful fate? I wish king would tour again...

I wish! I've seen a lot of old thrash metal bands that are still around though, cuz my husband and sons are really into them. Like Exodus, Testament, Metal Church.

So that's where I'm at now. I decided that I'm going to go to as many shows as possible again, that really was the best time of my life. I'm going to try and do it over minus the booze and drugs.

I don't drink, but I do have a terrible memory, so like I said above, I started taking pictures at shows to be able to remember them better. You might try the same. Hold a camera instead of a beer.

Since I've been in NYC I've seen a lot of big names, mostly Hip Hop, but the best shit is usually local bands.

I recently saw a band named Blood Sausage (Blue Grass Music) and the shit was off the chain mang.

I'm weird like that though, I mainly listen to Hip Hop, but I prefer smaller venues and bands over Hip Hop for live shit.

Recently saw "OFF!", Keith Morris' new band and they kicked so much ass, it was pretty awesome.

Sweet. One more story--I saw the Circle Jerks back in 89 or 90. My husband made Keith a tshirt that he gave to him after the show. It had a drawing of a sheep on it (in sharpie) and it said something about being pro-beastiality. I always wondered if he ever wore it.

seen phish last night first time in a long time

Big party with lots of people from all over the country

Fun was had. If i wasnt stuck grandpa sitting and taking

classes i would probably hit up the next several shows

just to get out of town.

-Lucero in smaller venues is awesome, saw them on a booze cruise one night which was real fuckin fun. got black out drunk double fisting whiskey on a boat and convinced Ben to play Blue and the Gray instead of the War while sitting at the bar, was proud of that. we also almost ran over some dude in a canoe, coast guard ended up rushing out and taking him to shore.

-Snoop Dogg/ Stephen Marley/ Slightly Stoopid.. Snoop was the best by far and it was seriously a great time, dudes drummer was a fuckin savage. there was also 5 60+ year old women dancing and smoking weed next to us, hilarious.

-DRI /Gang Green-Jerry Kids / Toxic Narcotic/ the Unseen/ Darkbuster/ Slapshot/ US Bombs/ Kill Your Idols/ Mike V and the Rats + others at a fest.

-Converge shows def. end up pretty violent. as does On Broken Wings.

-Pelican

-Blind Guardian

-Bad Religion/Bouncing Souls.

-Converge/ Cave In

-Pepper/Pennywise.. girlies love Pepper.

-Gaslight Anthem/Tim Barry.

-Dropkick Murphys/ Sick of it All/ Mighty Mighty Bosstones

-New Found Glory/ Saves the Day/ Nofx/ Pennywise/ Less than Jake/ Rancid and every band that played Warped Tours around 98-2000.

-Tear it Up /Dropdead/ Straight to Hell/ Last in Line/ the Horror/ Out Cold/ Psycho/ Bones Brigade (the first time they covered Battery, which was AWESOME) + many, many other punk/"street punk"/ thrash bands.

-Municpal Waste when Waste Em All first came out in room of about 100 kids and the entire place erupted into a circle pit which you could not avoid being in, or being trampled, you had 2 options. someone cracked me in the back of the head with a phone they ripped off the wall

- Madball/ Death Threat/ Cro Mags/ Donnybrook/ Terror/ Death Before Dishonor/ 100 Demons/ Reach the Sky/ 108/ Killing the Dream/ Integrity/ Ceremony/ Blacklisted/ Down to Nothing/ Bracewar/ Bane/ Have Heart/ Shipwreck/ Betrayed/ Colin of Arabia/ Pride Kills/ Palehorse/ Ramallah... and just about every hardcore band thats played in the past 10 years, many of them numerous times.

/coolstoriesbr0.

cave-in when they were metal...botch in a bar that holds 50 people..

my old band played with mastodon at an asian strip club in VA 10 years ago before they were anything but a band that played in asian strip clubs..

many others that were cool before they got un cool..

all this mention of NOFX and warped tour makes me kinda sad that that was such a long time ago and I only got to go once. I remember some guy skating the halfpipe with roller skates lol.

haha. one of the ones i went to some dudes were riding mini bikes in a steel circle cage and collided and got all fucked up. people were passing out left and right cause it was like 104 degrees out too, they ended up breaking out hoses and spraying the crowds down.

being the young assholes we were we decided to gathera bunch of trash and light a fire in the middle of the crowd. cops came quickly and we ran like hell.

saves the day circa can't slow down era

sunn 0)))/earth/pelican in a masonic temple in 2009

converge/modern life is war/some girls in 2006

crust and d-beat shows use to be fun, now i can't stand being there unless i'm in the way back

daniel higgs recently was pretty rad

i don't go to many shows and i can't think of anymore off the top of my head, too much boozing.

Just reminded me, i saw hatebreed with lamb of god and behemoth in sd, one of the best/gnarliest shows ive been to. Tons of marine dickheads tho.

That's fucking cool. But, I can totally imagine the marine dickheads chillin, hahaha.

Just saw Deafter, it was an emotional roller coaster.

I actually just saw Defeater. Well, I was sitting in a chair eating salt & vinegar chips while they played. They suck, imo. But, whatever floats yer boat.

- Madball/ Death Threat/ Cro Mags/ Donnybrook/ Terror/ Death Before Dishonor/ 100 Demons/ Reach the Sky/ 108/ Killing the Dream/ Integrity/ Ceremony/ Blacklisted/ Down to Nothing/ Bracewar/ Bane/ Have Heart/ Shipwreck/ Betrayed/ Colin of Arabia/ Pride Kills/ Palehorse/ Ramallah... and just about every hardcore band thats played in the past 10 years, many of them numerous times.

/coolstoriesbr0.

Super jealous on you seeing Madball, Integrity, and Cro Mags. They must've been cool.

That's pretty awesome you took your unborn child to a Bad Brains show. I saw ( well, heard) The Talking Heads in 1983 in my mothers belly.

this is the first show I ever went to: Debbie Harry,Ramones,TomTom Club.

5793720267_76da501094_b.jpg

Flyer for the first concert i ever went to. by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

I've seen way to much shit to list it all. I like the idea of sitting down and listing all of em but I ain't got the patience for that mess.

Heres some show flyers from shit I went to last year.....

5318615810_081a3c9859_b.jpg

Show Posters and Flyers From 2010 (AND MY ALL TIME FAVORITE RECORD) by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

This was super fun.

5015706097_fbb3726118_b.jpg

GONERFEST 7 by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

went to this a couple weekends ago.

5741580423_21ccdba9eb_b.jpg

HANG OUT MUSIC FEST by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

I saw Jesco White tapdancin" to Elvis songs last year.

4678082602_caf5fd4404_b.jpg

Jesco White by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

Mississipi Hill Country Blues FTW.

5250498829_6c18301436_b.jpg

TMODEL MOTHERFUCKING FORD by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

5629165521_2a8b7c117d_b.jpg

Robert "Wolfman" Belfour by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

Flaming Lips are always fun. They played a song with MGMT at the Beale St. Music Festival last month.

5671993274_f7256e1e5f_b.jpg

FLAMING LIPS and MGMT by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

I could go on for days. One of my favorites though was Dead Milkmen sometime in the early 90's. my parents where big into the punk scene around here in the late 70's and 80's so the knew the folks who owned/operated the clubs and could get me into shows I probably shouldn't have been at when I was way too young.

I'm goin to see Guitar Wolf on Tuesday. ill post flicks. cool thread idea. subscribed.

i have seen a TON of bands, rappers and DJs.

most memorable:

i saw Bad Brains when i was 12.

back in the damn 80s

bad-brains-hr-flying.jpg

and thrilled i got to see Acid Bath in a tiny club before their bassist died

the singer had his hand in his pocket all through the show too

0.jpg

i've also enjoyed the beastie boys ever damn time, 9:30 club in D.C., lollapalooza 96, freedom for tibet NYC

and Clutch, a not quite mainstream band i've been following for ages.

3 inches of blood - even the twelve year olds were drunk...

defiance, ohio

Godspeed you black emperor

graf orlock

I think I love you.

I kinda know the guitarist in 3 Inches of Blood...I've taken my kids to some of their shows--seen them a bunch of times. The guitarist is a really nice guy, totally willing to hang out with my kids and talk videogames and stuff. Super fun band live.

That's pretty awesome you took your unborn child to a Bad Brains show. I saw ( well, heard) The Talking Heads in 1983 in my mothers belly.

My son likes to brag about it. He loves the Bad Brains now. He also saw Metallica on their Justice tour in utereo.

I love that you have all those show flyers. I wish I'd saved mine from my teen years. Have you ever seen that documentary Hype, when that guy is cutting a bunch of them up? I wanted to punch that guy.

I meant to mention, the band I've seen the most times is High on Fire. Close second is Fu Manchu. If anyone has the live dvd HoF released as a bonus with one of their cds, you can see me in the crowd. Haha.

i have seen a TON of bands, rappers and DJs.

most memorable:

i saw Bad Brains when i was 12.

back in the damn 80s

bad-brains-hr-flying.jpg

No band compares to the Bad Brains. I can't think of a single band that is as original as they were.