War is hell

lord_casek

Just wanted to share this with you guys. Saw it on reddit last night. Kinda brought things

home.

6ZewW.jpg

Here to the letter he wrote to his wife:

Dear Emma: Well if you are reading this, I guess I did not make it home and therefore, I was not able to remind you again of how much I love you. I love you so much baby and I will always love you. Although I may not be here right now, take comfort in the fact that I am watching over you right now. I am not gone and I will always be with you in spirit. I know this time must be hard for you but I also know how strong you are. Never forget that God knew what was best for us before we were even born. Take comfort in that. This happened for a reason. Although you may not believe it now, you will one day.

I want you to know just how important you are to me. I could not ask for a more caring, beautiful and loving wife. The memories that we have shared over the last few years have been the best of my life. Although it may seem like my life was cut short, I lived a life that most can only dream of. I married the perfect woman. I have a beautiful daughter that amazed me every day. I even had two great dogs - at least most of the time. I couldn't ask for anything more.

If you feel sad, just think back to the memories that we shared. Look at our daughter and how beautiful she is. Be strong for her. Remind her about her Daddy and tell her that I loved her more than anything else in the world. Her birth was the best day of my life and she was the best thing that ever happened to me. Her smile and laughter represent all that is good and beautiful in this world. Tell her that Daddy is in heaven now and will watch over her and protect her every minute of every day.

I love you Emma. But never be afraid to do what you need to do to be happy. It is so important that you continue to find happiness in your life. Although you may think this is impossible right now, have faith. Much better times are coming. You and Kiley have a wonderful life ahead of you and I am so happy to have shared some of it with you. I love you.

Your loving Husband,

Todd

http://emmaweaverbabyonboard.blogspot.com/2011/03/struggle-and-peace.html

RIP Todd Weaver.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
never write 'just in case' letters...

It's a sad thing to think about, but at least his little girl has something

from her father. It's very sad but also something very respectable. He won't

ever be able to tell her those things in person. At least he did it in a letter.

i understand it completely. its just one of those superstitious things about war. if you write 'em you'll need 'em, if you don't you won't. hopefully.

like don't let officers do anything unless you have to.

I can understand that, too. Some things are really hard to think about

when you're stepping into a situation where you may potentially lose your

life.

Its a shame this man died in vain.

I wish his family th best, I hope that the deepest pits of hell are reserved for those who send men like this to war to die to put dollars in their pockets.

Maby one day everyone will awake from the nightmare that is US foreign policy and brave men like this wont have to give their lives for elite bastards to reign supreme.

RIP

Fist, I Agree.

You start thinking about this stuff, you will mess up.

Easiest thing to do is not to dwell on anything and just do what you have to when you are over there. Deal with the shit when you come home.

If I saw one of my Soldiers writing this shit, I would tell him to stop fucking up and go do something.

1SG CILONE

like don't let officers do anything unless you have to.

This should be military doctrine.

I remember a new LT marched in to our company straight out of RMC one year, pulled his section commanders and platoon Sgt in to the office and said, "men, it's up to you to prove yourselves to me".

My flatmate at the time was one of the secos and took the insubordination and disobeying a lawful command charge instead of working with him.

Within a month the Lt. had found platoon funds (usually for platoon functions and flowers for dead grandma funerals, etc.) and decided to buy a bunch of radio shack headsets with it so he could play universal soldier with 'his men'.

Yes, he got punched.

Most of the time young officers screw up, but if you look at it, it is not because they are officers, it is because they are un-knowledgable and unexperienced young people who do not have the ability to lead yet. Officers are like any other group of people, some know what they are talking about and some don't. This is where the NCO comes in and does his job by guiding them. The problem is when the NCO gets on a EGO trip and thinks that he also knows everything. No matter what, NCOs and Enlisted men are required to follow orders, unless those orders are illegal. They only thing NCOs can do is offer guidence and if that officer still wants to proceed, it is up to that NCO to follow those orders. This is part of being in the military.

The way I see it is that sometimes you have dumb asses in your life and sometimes you don't. No matter where you work or live, and there is not much you can do about it, so why let it bother you.

of course, but its also the duty of the platoon sergeants to shape those LTs into the functional leader they are meant to become.

when i was downrange we got a new LT fresh out of westpoint a month before we came home. he immediately tried to 'mix things up' before he learned our routine, AO, roe, etc. we put him in his place.

its not that we didn't follow his orders, its that we wouldn't let his orders be followed because they would have gotten more people killed.

(now back stateside that lt has been fired from the line units and sent to an S shop)

thats army life. and its fine.

This was a chilling read.

It makes me think about all those other soldiers who are giving their lives right now for the country they love and hold so dearly.

Thats true love right there, I hope his wife and baby live comfortable lives, they deserve it.

and for all the soldiers on 12oz, I have got to give you guys the props.

Have to rep 12oz to the sand people of the middle east!

of course, but its also the duty of the platoon sergeants to shape those LTs into the functional leader they are meant to become.

when i was downrange we got a new LT fresh out of westpoint a month before we came home. he immediately tried to 'mix things up' before he learned our routine, AO, roe, etc. we put him in his place.

its not that we didn't follow his orders, its that we wouldn't let his orders be followed because they would have gotten more people killed.

(now back stateside that lt has been fired from the line units and sent to an S shop)

thats army life. and its fine.

Fist that is what I am saying, NCOs should be shaping and guiding officers. That is their job, but alot NCOs forget that they are not ultimately in charge, and take it personal when they are not listened to, instead of providing guidance and letting th cherry LT learn from their mistakes.

• 3 weeks later...

My son is leaving for the Air Force in January. I appreciate the sentiment behind the letter but dammit, the necessity worries me. Thanks to all that are willing and able to serve.

I hope this man's family thrives.

My son is leaving for the Air Force in January. I appreciate the sentiment behind the letter but dammit, the necessity worries me. Thanks to all that are willing and able to serve.

AF is a good place to be. He'll get a good education out of it.

• Like 1

Feeling proud & worried...as a parent, my heart goes out to you...wish you & your son the best...

Years back, my son told me he was joining the Marines. Iraq. Honestly, I was shocked, frightened beyond belief...my mind swirled...the thought of losing him was unbearable...

I knew I had to put my fear aside & support his choice. I did.

He wasn't accepted & he was crushed... Inner conflict of a Mom...

*How old am I? I forget...*

• 3 months later...

Its simple, we dont make shit but Gun, bullets, and warplanes.

If they dont sell, wed go bankrupt. No need to dive too deep into this as

anyone with half a god damn brain has figured it out by now I suppose its

just pathetic innocent people on both sides die and younge men/women

sign up to ''serve'' their country but all theyre doing is sacraficing themselves

for dollars and billionaires.

Fuck America and those who are dumb enough believe theyre serving a actual cause.

What threat did Iraq impose upon us? How many of the Hijackers were based from or even

Iraqi in nationality?

Yeah didnt think so.