Stop Resisting..wait I mean Dancing

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

civil rights were trampled? because some fucking hippie faggots couldnt' just leave some straight up bullshit alone and completely FAIL at the simple concept of picking their battles wisely?

shut the fuck up. people who acted outta line a couple hundred years ago would just be killed or enslaved. now today we just call those same people hippies. nobody likes 'em

It doesn't seem like you thought this through to much. If people don't conform to something that they think is wrong how the fuck are they hippies ? I call that bein true to yourself.

civil rights were trampled? because some fucking hippie faggots couldnt' just leave some straight up bullshit alone and completely FAIL at the simple concept of picking their battles wisely?

shut the fuck up. people who acted outta line a couple hundred years ago would just be killed or enslaved. now today we just call those same people hippies. nobody likes 'em

Leave why? Why should they have to leave?

How were they "acting out of line"?

Oh wait... I almost forgot that you're a cop. Go choke on a dick flavored donut.

Leave why? Why should they have to leave?

How were they "acting out of line"?

Oh wait... I almost forgot that you're a cop. Go choke on a dick flavored donut.

the whole thing is over some "dancing." it's completely stupid. which is why a thread was made over it. only thing is i can't decide what's more stupid, the people or the cops. but why would you antagonize a bunch of cops over that? sounds like some petty shit, you might as well do something cool (maybe standing up for actual rights, not for some bullshit no dancing law at the memorial) if you're gonna get arrested for obstructing or whatever these charges may have been.

but we can argue about our moralities all day long. i enjoy seeing idiots being beat up by police. it's as simple as that

Stolen from reddit:

Dancing at inside the Memorial is prohibited by Park Service regulations, and the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals held yesterday that the prohibition is a valid one. The people in the video were likely protesting that ruling, knowing full well that they'd be told to stop. [Edited to add context.]

Here [PDF] is the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals' ruling, decided yesterday, which states the following:

The Jefferson Memorial is a "nonpublic forum reserved for the tranquil commemoration of Mr. Jefferson's legacy" (4).

The Park Service regulations that require a permit for demonstrations (including "forms of conduct which involve the communication or expression of views or grievances, engaged in by one or more persons, the conduct of which has the effect, intent or propensity to draw a crowd of onlookers") were properly interpreted as applicable to dancing, as a "conspicuous expressive act with a propensity to draw onlookers" (7).

Even though permits are generally only required for groups of 25 or more people, smaller groups (including groups of one person) must still meet the conditions required for issuance of a permit if they wish to engage in a demonstration.

One of those "other conditions" is that no permits are issued for inside the Jefferson Memorial; i.e. a condition of issuance is that the demonstration be outside the Memorial.

It would be a different story if the Memorial were a public forum, or a public area that has long "been devoted to assembly or debate" or a limited public forum, which is public property expressly "opened for use by the public as a place for expressive activity" (8-9). But the Memorial is a nonpublic forum, which the government "may reserve... for its intended purposes... as long as the regulation on speech is reasonable and not an effort to suppress expression merely because public officials oppose the speaker's view" (9).

Just because the Memorial is open to the public doesn't mean it's a public forum: it's open to the public with a purpose other than that it serve as a space for expression.

that's some north korea type shit right there.

the whole thing is over some "dancing." it's completely stupid. which is why a thread was made over it. only thing is i can't decide what's more stupid, the people or the cops. but why would you antagonize a bunch of cops over that? sounds like some petty shit, you might as well do something cool (maybe standing up for actual rights, not for some bullshit no dancing law at the memorial) if you're gonna get arrested for obstructing or whatever these charges may have been.

but we can argue about our moralities all day long. i enjoy seeing idiots being beat up by police. it's as simple as that

Who gives a flying fuck if they were dancing or picking each others noses?

This is supposed to be a free country, and they were at a memorial for one of the founding fathers who I seriously doubt would give a flying fuck about some idiots dancing at his memorial, but would be furious at the fascist police state response.

Now you wanna backpedal and say that you don't know "which is more stupid" after you clearly already stated that you side with the pigs.

Big surprize, after you've already been outed in the past as being a cock sucking pig yourself.