macbook help

DETO

i got my first macbook today and am a little lost. first off is there a way to transfer the contents of my iphone over to my new mac? i cant back shit up because somehow i fried my old laptops hard drive. also, whats a good product to open rar files? good place to download music? thanks.

any other macbook tips?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I use Stuffit Expander and Flip4Mac to handle my .rar and .wmv downloads. They work just fine.

But, since this is a Mac thread, I'm sure someone will quote this and tell you that these programs suck and there are far superior ones out there.

i got my first macbook today and am a little lost. first off is there a way to transfer the contents of my iphone over to my new mac? i cant back shit up because somehow i fried my old laptops hard drive. also, whats a good product to open rar files? good place to download music? thanks.

any other macbook tips?

"The Unarchiver" is a good App for rar/zip and a bunch of other files, and free from what I remember.

Downloading music is no different than a PC. Torrent sites or iTunes. Whichever.

For transferring, from iPhone to Mac, get iRip.

Just converted to MacBook Pro after my PC Laptop was fuckin' up over viruses... wanted something different. The desktop is still a PC though.

i've never had to migrate cuz i've had macs fo eva

but i use utorrent

stuffit

vlc player for movies

and exactly, the download is no different, but this is what i do when i'm on say, beemp3.com : once the music is open in a tab, where the player is, i highlight the URL of the page once i've opened another tiny window for 'downloads' [and i do this by going to the Tools dropdown menu of Firefox or hitting command+J ] once that's good, i click down on the URL and drag it to the downloads window. once that's done downloading, i double click on it in the downloads folder and it'll copy to itunes and play. voila.

there might be an easier, more direct way, but this allows me to check the quality of the shit i'm dowloading too, and it only takes a few seconds once you get used to it.. i'm also completely self taught so, well, not that awesome.

.sorry if you knew that already but i thought it'd be helpful

also, download GIMP for photo editing (free download, unfortunately does not handle raw files but is at least as good as photoshop if not better)

http://gimp.lisanet.de/Website/Download.html