Morel (Morchella) Mushrooms

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I mean anything can be lucrative if you have enough of it. What are we talking about? an acre of morels? Yeah go for it.. If its not going to yield you more than a few hundred bucks I wouldn't bother. Give them to friends that like to cook.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090503145456AAN0gvH

What's unfortunate is that this guy is hands down the WORST cook I know, but he truly, honestly believes he is a skilled gourmet chef. He is completely detached from reality so he makes up his own. He thinks he is the best baseball player, though he only played softball until he was twelve. That is just one example of an infinite number.

I'm talking his food is usually inedible. So I guess these mushrooms are going to get wasted, big time.

I'll see if he took pictures of this "mother lode".

They're selling for about $25.00 per lb in Oregon this past year. I have a friend who sells these to a couple of resturaunts and farmer's markets. These are just culinary fungus. A good and tasty one at that, no psilocybin.

Make sure they aren't False Morels. Like most good edible fungi, there are several different look-alikes that are poisonous.

True Morel's have a hollow stem. Protip.

Edit: That $25/lb is for wet, not dried mushrooms.

i can remember being younger, and i was with my moms at some morel mushroom block party/festival with tons of street vendors with tables full of various fungi. the air was filled with stink. rural minnesota somewhere. years after that i wondered if psilocybins were also being sold there.

to this day i have still not tasted one... meh.

season is strong right now in southern minnesota. getting a few hundred a day. ive never sold them personally but ive herd of them going for as much as $50-$60 per pound during the off season. ill try and get some pics up of some of the ones ive found this year so far.