When reality and technology mesh.

Bojangles

A half hour address (at a gaming/developer's conference) about how technology is becoming deeply imbedded into the most miniscule parts of our daily life and how it will affect our lives in the future.

http://www.okaygeek.com/blog/2010/2/19/our-future-will-be-a-real-life-rpg.html

(It's a really good watch. I just make it sound bland. C'mon...when do you ever see me post in Crossfire??? You know it's gotta' be worth it.)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Just watched it, good post. I've thought about that stuff on a much smaller level. It really opens your eyes hearing it explained like that.

I've never played Facebook games or anything but I know so many people do, and he's right about people enjoying the rewards of doing something in 'real life'. Everyone eats it up and ends up providing the big companies with free marketing.

Worth watching again

Great post, I personally have been thinking about the future alot lately.

The type of visions I have are very similar to what he explained in the video.

I believe there will be positives. but majority will be negative.

People will become more superficial and obsessed with themselves ect ect.

Those who can adapt yet still have an grasp on what is really important will survive with true happiness.

The rest will never be happy forever looking for something to purchase to fill the void.