Kitchens! > Gadgets, Equipment, Supplies, Reference Material, Ingredients and Dreams <

!@#$%

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Good looks on the books symbols, Child and Bitman are pretty much all one needs. I got the Julia Child complete series on DVD for x-mass and it has been a cool watch.

I dig Le Crueset enameled cast iron cookware quite a bit. If I had more energy I would post a pic of the collection.

yeah morton le creuset is nice.

on the books, word, i have other cookbooks and they're decent but those two are just crucial and i feel like they could be the only ones in a kitchen

when i was young i was smart enough to indulge in basic calphalon cookware, all of which i still have.

i usually bake in glass my parents got for me.

these aren't the EXACT pans i have, but this is the design/style and roughly the same shapes and number.

calphalon-9-set.jpg

mini-bc10042360.bmp.jpg

got some silicon cupcake jammies

they are great for muffins, which fall right out

but the cupcakes stick like a mofo

AAAACxdDFssAAAAAAHFhdg.jpg?v=1252876564000

Be sure you know the prices new before you purchase used, I have seen some overpriced used Crueset and some real bargains, I got a little 6" pan for 2 bucks a couple weeks back. Purchased the cast iron at the outlet store with like every combination of discount and coupon I could. Got the stockpots at jc penny on sale. When they phase out colors they go on sale as well.

I like their bake ware also but do not feel like going full fucking photo essay on this post.

There is also a lifetime guarantee on their product which is always cool.

Enameled Cast Iron:

ojjhat.jpg

Other Pots and Pans:

2mdjdwl.jpg

The gf rolls with Henkells but I march to the beat of a different drummer and like the Erste Klasse, they are the store brand of City Kitchens which is a kitchen store in Seattle down by westlake. Stolligen, Germany just like the rest of em.

no6lxs.jpg

Took em all in to Nella the other day to have em professionally sharpened. They got some nice steel in that joint but I do not think I will be taking my knifes back to them for sharpening.

208cfmt.jpg

Anybody else moving away from non-stick? I heard they banned it outright in England. I tossed all mine which was getting long in the tooth anyway. Got one nice 12" non stick fry pan for xmass though which I have kept and have been using.

nah they still sell teflon coated non stick pans over here, or at least the last timeI looked. Although it is better to get a nice iron frying pan and keep it treated nicely.

My dad usedd to have some ballin kitchen stuff, but I'm not really in contact with him so won't be able to get an flicks, but where we used to holiday in Fance all the time he would collect stuff throughout the different regions.

i'm done with teflon mort.. too fuckin dangerous. one of those modern conveniences no one really thought through when they mass-marketed it. geee.. is it healthy to eat this crap? dummies.

and while i'll store food in plastic, i WILL NOT MICROWAVE FOOD IN PLASTIC

i seriously think this is one of the autism links.

assortments are sweet. before my parents got me silverware i used an assortment and i kinda miss it.

i alsp have a favorite plate that i've been using since childhood, only surviving member of a corning set. i'll flick it later.

my dad searched high and low for these, so i could store food and microwave it in glass.

they are sweet

RefrigeratorStorage5cS11?$lg$

crate and barrel is so expensive, but these were a great gift.

Forget pop and lock, get like the Japanese with Lock and Lock!

http://www.locknlockplace.com/servlet/-strse-Food-Containers-cln-Glass/Categories

You want to talk expensive, that Crueset on top of the hutch was purchased with the proceeds of selling a perfectly working van. "Honey, this is some good shit for sure but we will never be able to drive it."

• Like 1

Lock and Lock is good shit but, as one would expect, the gaskets are the weak link. Proper care really helps extend their life span. Beware the lock and lock imitators and knock offs, go forth at your own peril should you choose to be swayed by the price while browsing in china town.

I for one never fuck with generics, I like brand name erections.

On a kitchen related note I would like to give this little device it's proper dues. National brand rice cooker, purchased about ten years ago. Makes flawless rice every time and still works like a champ. It even has a little built in clock that keeps time when unplugged presumably by charging up a little battery when plugged in. You can make all kinds of shit like rice porridge, soup, it even has a cake setting for making sponge cake which, I have never fucked with.

ims0md.jpg

I ate rice almost daily for years, at some points even for breakfast as well as dinner and this thing never let me down. It has a setting where you can add the rice and tell it when you want it to be cooked. I used to do that for making lunches, wake up and fry some pot stickers, make a miso and throw in some bbq pork from the Kao Kao in chinatown along with some rice from the National and be good.

Shit, now I gotta show the lunch box I use for that... Fuck it, tinypic is fucking with me. The Japanese make a lunch box for shit like that, it is a stacked series of cylinders that fit in one can. They are neat.

god DAMN i've banned like 6 spammers today.

fuck.

i don't buy generic equipment ..except for my fridge, washer and dryer which are Crosley, the Maytag generic. so far so good.

i like that rice cooker. i have been trying to decide if i want one of those

and whether i should get a bread maker.

i know the japanese stacked lunchers you speak of

i got a bentobox awhile back and was experimenting with cute lil shapes and shit.

since i don;t have kids it didn't keep me that interested but i do still use it

i'll post it up

Well the Teflon thing has me a little turned around. I was hip to ditching Teflon from way back but I let there be two exceptions, one is that rice cooker, the other is a 12" non stick caphalon pan. It does not say Teflon on it but is non stick. I guess cancer will be the price for a perfectly folded omlette.

I GOT A FULL TIME JOB TODAY.

BANG BANG FT to the motherfuckin E.

And it is not selling online movies either.

Got a gift certificate to City Kitchens for my birthday. Purchased a box grater that I think can be used in place of a mandolin for some applications. I am always a little sketched about using a mandolin because I like my fingers.

This is what a thirty five dollar box grater looks like.

1imnfr.jpg

Will try and follow through with a review after I use this fucker.

• 4 weeks later...

I dig fiesta ware cause is is easy to replace, I got mixed feelings about their flat bottom bowls, I still dig a more Japanese style although it does not fit the set we have as well.

A follow through on the Microplane grater.

The safety cover is not needed as the blades are not really razor sharp, which is a good thing on most of the grater because if they were then blood would get everywhere. The slicing blade on the side does not cut as well as a mandolin but is good enough for some applications. Overall it is a nice device but not like a revolution or anything. I am glad I had a gift card for purchase, if had been all me I think I would feel a little taken.