Viper's Idea Exchange-Check it

Viper625

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

came over here chillin after your post in the other thread, and word, good idea.

and fuck yeah, love comic effects too, i use them shits.

also I love looking at the sky and beyond.

stars.jpg

stars.jpg

^even lens flares

kaleidoscope-1.jpg

kaleidoscope type stuff

trippy.jpg

spirals, hypnotise people.

4d912a83-f829-46f5-9ced-3258d3533a8e

Thanks man. I'll be interviewing for an apprenticeship tomorrow. The shop owner was impressed with my work so..I think it was bound to happen.

Anyways on to the ideas!!

For the 3-d guys

IMG_1967.jpg

DSCF0843.jpg

crazy-red-bldg.jpg

DETAIL THOSE LETTERS

IMG_2353.jpg

Themes

Underwater

mjwinoz-underwater.jpg

Cozumel2011217.jpg

underwater.jpg

Underwater.jpg

_MG_0844.jpg

Underwater.jpg

_MG_1277.jpg

• 2 months later...

well one way i start off by doing my letters i start by thinking in my head how big the letters are gunna be then i sketch out a semi simpl then start to bend the bars to wat i like if.now u can say wat can i add to make my letters more complex u kood add sum notches on the corners or simple arrows dont go to crazy make sure ure extensions,hookup,conectors,etc make sense and flow and that ure bars are the consistent height thru out. jus contrubuting to the thread hope this help sum one

• 5 months later...
^^Def Agreed.

Here is another technique to mix things up-Separate the piece into three strips and make each strip a different color combo or style. I tried to explain the metallic effect for you Phenom but with markers it's a different technique, it's more about blending.

IMG_0108.jpg

Tesk should be in here with the metallic letters.

like this idea, different styles and color combos, just gotta get better at the color combos.

AZTEKA-That different styles effect can also go sideways. Think of a blackbook that is full if pieces but each page is torn showing different styles

I kept this piece simple because I wanted to show how I start my pieces. The simple sketch is very similar to the finished product. From the basic sketch I added detail and connections I liked until I was happy.

photo-5-1.jpg

photo5.jpg

I was playing around with abstract letters on the bottom. Using blocks to create the general shape of the letter and then filling in the rest. It's a good exercise to find new variations