Viper's Idea Exchange-Check it

Viper625

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Schnitzel,

I'm usually not a dick but hey, w/e.

Everyone does things differently. Graffiti is an artists interpretation of letters. Ideas will translate to different results.

This thread was created to post up effects(And later letter ideas) for artists that are just starting out and above. A place where we can share ideas and get others to explore other peoples thoughts. Like it or not you are apart of this artists community. No need to bash.

Ideas that have been posted have been posted(Duh) So the only thing to do would be to post new stuff. Who knows where this thread will go.

The three strip idea is just an idea. It states"Ha, I have more styles than ONE". A great feat for any writer.

yes I can see that - maybe I overstated this point too heavily.

These "Effects" can be sketched in black and white(C'mon!) I will do one just for you. Message me what you write.

This thread started with nothing but positivity, so don't post unless you have something to contribute. This forum is worldwide, there should be tons of ideas floating around here.

Lets keep this thread going strong guys~

I appreciate your intentions believe me and I'm not meaning to dis you at all ( i think your canvsases are very well done but would still love to see a wall).

In addition I think the idea of the thread is very valid.

Trouble is from the looks of thing a lot of this shouldn't be called effects more like "Gimmicks" because that's what lot of it is... you may have the best letters under that chaos but for the majority of people who are going to take this on board this will be crutch to hide crappy letters with.

Thus far the most original one in this thread is the Satire sketch- and the kicker is you can still read the letters- they aren't hidden under piles of shite

Thanks on the offer of a sketch - I appreciate you putting yourself on the line.. takes guts to be a stand up guy like that. I would never paint it because it looks like MSK( like if you're an msk dude more power to you but if not........) and that's not what got me into graff.

so I'm trying to think of a good use of an effect (or to be honest any use of an effect that is interesting and reasonably original) so I can at least contribute to the thread.

a duotone

(only needs two cans - has reasonably readable letters and demonstrates that a two tone piece need not be a chrome)

5061413173_011832dabe_b.jpg

Erosie - Eindhoven netherlands...

will try to contribute more as the days progress but needs some time

• Like 1

I appreciate your intentions believe me and I'm not meaning to dis you at all ( i think your canvsases are very well done but would still love to see a wall).

In addition I think the idea of the thread is very valid.

Trouble is from the looks of thing a lot of this shouldn't be called effects more like "Gimmicks" because that's what lot of it is... you may have the best letters under that chaos but for the majority of people who are going to take this on board this will be crutch to hide crappy letters with.

Thus far the most original one in this thread is the Satire sketch- and the kicker is you can still read the letters- they aren't hidden under piles of shite

Thanks on the offer of a sketch - I appreciate you putting yourself on the line.. takes guts to be a stand up guy like that. I would never paint it because it looks like MSK( like if you're an msk dude more power to you but if not........) and that's not what got me into graff.

so I'm trying to think of a good use of an effect (or to be honest any use of an effect that is interesting and reasonably original) so I can at least contribute to the thread.

a duotone

(only needs two cans - has reasonably readable letters and demonstrates that a two tone piece need not be a chrome)

5061413173_011832dabe_b.jpg

Erosie - Eindhoven netherlands...

will try to contribute more as the days progress but needs some time

legit, duotone is cool, but I am more into monochrome....I think viper has a decent letter structure. Are you leaning towards more traditional graffiti?

That's like saying Poesia has terrible letter structure

bgp_8b1012f3a2ceed5cedfc95bddfd4360c50591b28.jpg

great thread viper. your work is very high quality.

about what Schnitzel said....

there is absolutley nothing wrong with using a lot of color, and going over the same spot multiple times... that is one of the main advantages to painting a canvas rather than painting on the street. if you have the materials and the time, why WOULDN'T you use a shitload of colors? i sure wouldnt want to see a canvas with some 2-color piece. i've painted alot of those and they get boring fast....

and i hate when people are always asking "do you paint" "lets see a wall"

everyone paints, or doesnt paint for their own damn reasons... and frankly if viper had never painted a wall in his life, i would still think his shit is dope regardless. i hate when dudes try to pull the "im so much more street than you, you dont paint walls" bullshit argument....

and if you look at vipers sketches, its pretty fuckin obvious that he has a very good grasp on letter forms, i dont think he's trying to cover up bad structure with effects, it looks to me like he's just trying to push himself to the next level...

and the Erosie piece is a pretty laughable example... its obvious to me who has better letter structure out of the two...

after lookin up more work by erosie, i still stand by my statement.

i still see much more structure in the letters in vipers pieces. this isn't to say that i dont like erosie's work, its great, and very original, but to me the letters are much more abstracted. again, not saying thats a bad thing at all, just seems to go against the point the person who posted that flick is trying to make...

I think this thread is good for noobs who have no idea where to start,

what to do,or how to start their own original style.(Stress original).

No damn biting!

It seems that people are always looking for something to hate on.

Keep the Ideas coming,there will always be peeps who look for inspiration.

To some these things Viper speaks of may seem old and worn,like Blunts 70's comment.

This is how new ideas are born!!

Viper looks good,nice can control. Can we get a wider view of that wall??

Thanks KWG~

I don't like posting up walls on the webs. I might however start posting just pics of the detail.

This is another idea-Stained Glass. Make the outline thick with tons of glass shards.

stained_glass_stained_glass_stai-9.jpg

Another link here with crazy detailed pieces

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1SNNT_enUS361US362&q=stained+glass&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1639&bih=771

^^No, just detail shots.

Letter Ideas~This is a couple of ways I construct letters

Upper case "P"-Lower case "E"-Idea for an "R"

One way I start with a simple letter. Then shape it and add detail where I want it.

The small "E" was sketched just like the "R". I draw random shapes(In the shape of the letter) and then connect the blocks. The "R" is just the blocks to get the idea. This way it mixes things up and makes me think rather than basing letters on a block letter.

IMG_0130-1.jpg

I'll continue to update this thread when I have the chance. I plan on doing a step by step on a full piece for teh gigs'.

Feel free to post up how you construct your letters

Don't be scurred.

legit, duotone is cool, but I am more into monochrome....I think viper has a decent letter structure. Are you leaning towards more traditional graffiti?

That's like saying Poesia has terrible letter structure

bgp_8b1012f3a2ceed5cedfc95bddfd4360c50591b28.jpg

I do lean towards traditional graff because that's where I came from

Poesia's style is great because I've watched it evolve over the years and the letters remain the basis of it.Not hidden under millions of meaningless extensions

and the Erosie piece is a pretty laughable example... it's obvious to me who has better letter structure out of the two...

Okay erosie is not always on point but that was more for the effect rather than the sketch... the duotone part not the sketch you goose

anyways still trying to find more some meaningful contributions to the thread...