Assange: Facebook, Google, and Yahoo are being used by the U.S. intelligence community to

lord_casek

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/business-tech/technology-news/110504/wikileaks-julian-assange-facebook-twitter-nsa-spy-video

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says Facebook, Google, and Yahoo are being used by the U.S. intelligence community to spy on users.

In an interview, Assange was especially critical of Facebook, the world's top social network. The information Facebook houses is a potential boon for the U.S. government if it tries to build up a dossier on users, he told the Russian news site RT.

Assange also told RT that Google and Yahoo "have built-in interfaces for U.S. intelligence."

"Facebook in particular is the most appalling spying machine that has ever been invented," Assange said. "Here we have the world's most comprehensive database about people, their relationships, their names, their addresses, their locations and the communications with each other, their relatives, all sitting within the United States, all accessible to U.S. intelligence."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Assange: Facebook, Google, and Yahoo are being used by the U.S. intelligence community

wellm good thing i'm not dumb enough to myself on blast

i honestly can't help but think people who suffer because of doing that are victims of their own stupidity. my real name isn't on facebook, and i still can't believe how many people use their full, real, govt name

i won't even throw mail away without shredding it.

and of course, if i ever want to do a 'sensitive' search, i use the internet somewhere public.

that said, i have a second identity but since Assange is such a recognized name i better change it hardy har harrrrr

Re: Assange: Facebook, Google, and Yahoo are being used by the U.S. intelligence community

yea this is a double edged sword, these things are convenient for society and exciting, new, appealing, but obviously can be used for the wrong purposes by those with the power to do so. it's just common sense not to put your business out there, but it seems like it took a while for the public to really actually realize this. now there are all the privacy concerns, but in the long run people will just be comfortable and not really worry so much. u.s intelligence has access to pretty much all of our information and facebook/etc. is just the latest manifestation of the surveillance society have lived underneath for decades now. as much as i am concerned about privacy, i have to say i enjoy things like facebook etc. it's unfortunate that great ideas are subjected to the abuse of authority and power on a regular basis, not even just concerning this matter.

As usual, Symbo's on it. She knew me for a half sec on facebook while it existed. The account was actually created by other, "well meaning" people but after I gained control I shut it down shortly thereafter. My new position is that the internet is only building a trasure trove of our collective knowledge for invading aliens to capture and use to subjugate us... assuming, of course, that it isn't simply a CIA repository for data on real time/ real world subjects and the basis for future mind control or propaganda initiatives, whatever... I encourage everyone to unplug... but meet back here on 12oz every so often...that way they can at least track us.

Love you too Casek...

SLATZ

As usual, Symbo's on it. She knew me for a half sec on facebook while it existed. The account was actually created by other, "well meaning" people but after I gained control I shut it down shortly thereafter. My new position is that the internet is only building a trasure trove of our collective knowledge for invading aliens to capture and use to subjugate us... assuming, of course, that it isn't simply a CIA repository for data on real time/ real world subjects and the basis for future mind control or propaganda initiatives, whatever... I encourage everyone to unplug... but meet back here on 12oz every so often...that way they can at least track us.

Love you too Casek...

SLATZ

As long as it's not in the cultish way, I think we're good. Or the stalky way, that's kinda creepy.

wellm good thing i'm not dumb enough to myself on blast

i honestly can't help but think people who suffer because of doing that are victims of their own stupidity. my real name isn't on facebook, and i still can't believe how many people use their full, real, govt name

i won't even throw mail away without shredding it.

and of course, if i ever want to do a 'sensitive' search, i use the internet somewhere public.

that said, i have a second identity but since Assange is such a recognized name i better change it hardy har harrrrr

^^^^ THIS

based on this post, and this post alone, I would marry you symbols because of your intelligence regardless of what you look like physically.:love2: :love2: :kissa: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :love4: :love4:

I think you know what I meant, casek.

Yeah, that actually crossed my mind. You're all for transparent society, though.

I recall that you and I talked about that. I actually agree. I don't like that I agree,

but I'd be going full retard to deny that's not in the deck for the world.

Ever score that job with Google?

Jesus. You are one lonely man

^^^ THIS??

Just because I have an eye for catching intelligence when I see it. If a man would have

said the same thing I would have only prop'd him(n/h). but no a woman wrote it, so its a compliment to her and her intellectuality, why compliment on a forum you might ask,

because 95% of women these days have to bring up facebook, twitter, ect. in their conversation.

DAILY!

in other words, you're saying "would you like some dick with that?" by complimenting her?

If so, awesome.

"let me get that door for you (would you like some dick with that?)"

-Eddie Murphy

Yeah, that actually crossed my mind. You're all for transparent society, though.

I recall that you and I talked about that. I actually agree. I don't like that I agree,

but I'd be going full retard to deny that's not in the deck for the world.

Ever score that job with Google?

That's pretty much it, you nailed it.

I did not score that job, and I've spent the last year bouncing around in Houston.

However, I did get into school for a masters in public policy. So, that should be interesting. Not sure how I want to take it yet. I'll be in Irvine for the next two years, though.

That sucks about Google. You probably have a very interesting life ahead of you without them, though.

I always wonder, and I suppose most people do, how much of our data is collected and collated? Social media would be a prime source of info on people, plus cameras around city areas could have facial recognition software with access to nationwide DMV records identifying people on the spot and even recording gait, shadow geometry, etc. Sounds futuristic but it's been here for a while. Superbowl after 9/11 had facial recognition cams.

Next is those "mind reading" scanners in airports, if they even work as reported.

Are we upset about a) the fact that ordinary people willingly disclose significant personal information to private/public enterprises (i.e. 'social networks'), b) that private enterprises work with government intelligence agencies to share that personal information, c) the existence of government intelligence agencies, or d) all of the above?

Basically, I'm indifferent.

I think government intelligence agencies are a fact of life, their primary function is to gather intelligence, and this isn't going to change any time soon.

In the Cold War they did this with covert agents, today they can do it from the comfort of their laptop. Tomorrow, they'll exploit other tools.

As long as it's not in the cultish way, I think we're good. Or the stalky way, that's kinda creepy.

HAHA, You know I'm not stalking you, right... I mean, you don't KNOW I'm stalking you, right? BTW, just due to some legal mumbo jumbo, we don't say 'cult'. Federal magistrates, heh, am I right?

Anyway, we're more like the Scientologists in that we think it would be pretty cool to own Clearwater, Fl and, AND... totally NOT a cult.

I suppose I don't know that you are or are not stalking me. That's the point of stalking, I think. Unless it's for blackmail. In that case, I have dropped out of the presidential running.

• 1 month later...