Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fondles

Broken LCD TV? DONT FUCKING BOTHER KILL SELF INSTEAD

I'm having nightmarish trouble fixing my Dynex 42" LCD TV (IT HAS HD BUT ONLY WHEN I TURN THE HD ON). Issue was, red standby light, nothing else. After searching, probably the PS Board. Looked at it, and every other board in the TV, and nothing *seemed* bad/burnt/burst (capacitors etc.). Took a gamble and ordered a PS Board anyway. Received, installed, no change at all. Considered bad Main Unit Board. Again, gambled and ordered new 1 (the ONLY ONE on the internet). Installed with old PS Board, turned on, GREEN STANDBY LIGHT YAY! However, no picture or sound. (curse violently) Open it up, install new PS Board, thinking with both new boards installed, surely it would work. RONG. RONG RONG RONG. (begin throwing anything/everything in sight) Same issue, green standby, no pic/sound. What. The. Fuck. I HATE MY LIFE/THIS TV/EVERYTHING.

Just wanted to share this.

the ONLY ONE on the internet

maybe he should try turning the internet off and on again.

DAOstructions for turning off internet.

1.click red box in upper right hand corner of browser window.

see if that helps.

real answer:

Dude it's a fucking Dynex. It's a knock off brand owned by best buy. Go through your couch cushions and gather all your change and buy a new one.

Couldn't of said it any better myself.

However, if you really are set on fixing your shitty TV, you could send it to my brother in law. He's the nerdiest spic ever, and he loves fixing electronics. Guarantee he'd get it working again

• Like 1

yeah buy a sony so hackers can hack your television network and shut it down for weeks.

look at yourself......

50_epic_super_nerd_photos_12_20090723_1355718444.jpg

the ONLY ONE on the internet

I was being literal. Well, I didn't search .uk/.jp etc,. But I'm PRETTY AWESOME AT INTERNETTING.

@It's a Dynex rofl!~! responses: No shit. I already said that and I obviously know it's a Best Buy house brand. It was like 400$ new and it lasted 3 years. Fixing myself = $1-150 depending on issue. Buying new TV = $4-1k. Simple math folks! Except, of course, my issue is not as apparent as it seems. so now I'm out of pocket maybe $40 after sending the shit back and restock fees. Oh noooOoOooOoo

rofl sony

if you live anywhere near a fry's electronics, they have a lot of pretty decent model tv's for pretty cheap regularly.

i have a 46" LG 1080p/240 lcd that i bought a year ago for 500 dollars. you just have to be patient, and in the mean time go outside and climb a rock.

or buy some juice.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now