The Unofficial Official Anime/Manga Thread

ERSEULA

Call me a fucking geek, but I love me some anime. I've been into it since I was a young kid and now I'm almost 20 and still love this shit (I'm not old at all). I searched the ounce for threads, but they're all dead. Meaning no activity for 7+ years; perhaps this thread won't go as far as a couple of pages, but lets give it a shot anyway.

Post any anime/manga you recommend, are watching, or have watched.

I just finished watching FMA: Brotherhood not too long ago and it follows the manga pretty closely. It's fucking on point with most it. It's better than the 2003 adaption and much more intense. I'm currently re-watching Naruto then going to start watching Naruto: Shippuden for the first time.

Shit I plan on watching/reading:

Death Note (I've never watched it, which is odd...)

Bleach (Haven't watched all episodes and I think all of them are on Netflix)

Yu Yu Hakusho (Via Netflix, I love Netflix)

Deadman Wonderland (Currently a manga that I plan on reading soon).

/endgeek.

EDIT: Also, feel free to post any cool gifs you run across from certain anime and sites where to watch/read anime/manga

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm not really into it at all, i think most of it is really corny, but the feature films are really good sometimes because the plots are way more detailed then regular movies. if anyone can recommend some good feature films thatd be cool.

samurai champloo is fucking awesome thats the only series ive watched and really enjoyed

initial d and berserk was my shit for a long while. i still have all the berserks in super high resolution on 8 or 9 disks.

initial d i watched, didn't read.

Lain was some serious shit for me back in the day. i was watching it during the same time i was getting more and more into psychadelics so that was a very welcomed companion.

aside from that.. it was ranma 1/2 when i first started.

oh, and i watched a whole bunch of naruto but started watching less frequently, and then completely stopping when shippuden started.

and of course i watched all the super popular movie ones.

Ranma-1-2-1024-768.jpg

lain_2_090.jpg

initial-d.jpg

berserk+-+036.png

naruto-fox-demon-08012009.jpg

• Like 1

@Swindle: Samurai Champloo is fucking awesome. I remember that shit on Adult Swim, probably going to watch it soon haha. I heard the animated film adaption of Dead Space was really good; I think it's called Dead Space: Downfall. Also, watch Afro Samurai: Resurrection was good in my eyes, try that.

@Boxcars: I've never watched Ranma 1/2. How good is it?

Oh, and I also forgot that I was watching Baccano! which is a really cool 1930s setting mafia based anime. Fucking catchy theme song too.

Also take a look into Darker Than Black, that shit was baller.

tumblr_ljwqze8BOo1qa51bbo1_500.gif

tumblr_ljdrhxajnZ1qzgc80o1_500.gif

tumblr_lervp1mdiJ1qfmypko1_500.gif

tumblr_lkkxg1CW6x1qzea6yo1_r1_500.gif

i remember a particular episode of ranma 1/2 where the character Shampoo's tits were shown and i was super excited about that.

i was young, and this was before the internet as we know it today.

Had me sold @ tits.

I'm not into hentai, I just enjoy raw anime. Cursing, nudity, etc.

AKIRA is fucking old dude, like OOOOOOLD. Hahahahah, I remember watching it a while ago and it really never became engraved into my mind.

berserk is the best series i have seen personally. cowboy bebop, hellsing, akira obviously, vampire hunter d, neon genesis evangelion. Ive heard the Urotsukidoji movies are sick, downloaded them but havent got round to watching yet. death note and paranoia agent were pretty good too.

I have all the Akira comic books in cases in storage with with the exception of a couple toward the end.

I recently re-read the entire series after it being in a box for about a decade and really enjoyed it. I have never had the same connection with the movies and for me to watch one now would require more effort than I am really up to putting into it.

But yea, Akira was also recently re-released in black and white in 6 books, pick it up if you have not already.

ALL YA'LL NURGAS HATERS.

That Akira collection is cool, Morton. I've never really owned any manga, I usually just borrow it from friends. Hellsing was really cool, nothing compared to a shitty version of Devil May Cry anime series.

Gantz was one fucked up anime, it's really comparable to Elfen Lied. Gore wise.

Gundam Wing will always be my favorite cyber anime. Other than Zoids. Zoids was the shit.