We're too stupid to have a CCW

lord_casek

dont most insurance policies for cars have Legal liability for death or injury to any other person

just read this in an insurance policy here

We will insure you for all amounts which you

may have to pay as a result of you being legally

liable for:

(a) Another person’s death or injury.

(b) Damage to another person’s property up to

a maximum amount of £20,000,000

(excluding that person’s costs and expenses

and any other cost and expenses) and up to

£5,000,000 for that person’s costs and

expenses and any other costs and expenses

incurred with our written consent in relation

to damage to that person’s property as a

result of an accident caused by:

to an extent.

they'll cover property damage, and injury to the specified limit. however, if you murder someone, its not covered. an insurance contract cant limit the liability of a murderer. if this was the case, all one would have to do is use their insured car to run people over they want to kill.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it's interesting how NY is considered a pretty harsh gun law state yet i didn't have to take any classes to get my permit. i payed $140 for the paperwork, had 3 references interviewed, an ex girlfriend interviewed (yikes), my dad and myself interviewed. all of which over the phone. i waited 3 and a half months to get mine, and most people in my county wait between 6 and 14 months. not exactly sure how i got lucky.

i think the different permit requirements are hilarious.

alot of the differences between may issue and shall issue states is govt ultimately decides who can have the permit on their whim in the may issue states. in the shall issue states, as long as you pass the background checks and jump through their hoops, they have to give you a permit.

my dad had a permit in a may issue state. after the finger printing, the interviews, the references, the paper work, the 3 trips to the passport photo takers because the state police required an odd ball size picture and the extortion fees, he got a permit. he had to prove that he dealt in X amount of cash bank deposits per day. and after all the BS, the permit was restricted to 'normal business hours' essentially voiding it because he never worked 'normal hours.'

the funny thing was the draconian gun laws of this state required no training for the permit. where they made up for the no training requirement is the fact that no one could get a permit unless you had credible threats against your life and/or you dealt in large sums of cash and were a business owner. in another words, virtually no one in proportion to the population at large. its funny, the areas with these requirements are the exact areas where people need to be armed to defend themselves.

another thing about 'permits' is something that alot of people dont think about it. for instance in NC to buy a handgun you have to go to the sheriffs office and apply for a 5$ 'purchase' permit. you must then present this permit to the FFL or to the private party when purchasing a handgun to purchase it legally. never mind the fact that the dealer already does the same background check on you that the sheriffs office does. where did this permit come from? the jim crow legacy. the sheriff still retains the right to deny a permit for a pistol purchase for whatever reason he wants. used to be sheriffs never signed off on permits for blacks. alot of the whole 'permit' thing has its roots in state racism. marriage licenses are another example.

do they specifically ask for an ex-gf/partner as a reference?

thats kind of wild. not sure how i feel about that.

no, not specifically an ex. they asked me for a significant other, and at the time i was single...so they asked for my most recent girlfriend, who was someone i was with for 2 years. luckily she didn't throw me under the bus. i guess there could be ways around having to deal with them talking to an ex if it was someone who would make you out to be a total asshole