Is there a doctor in the house?

what it iz

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks like 12oz's inactive user prune thing lasts 1 hour.

edit - thanks to science, we have found out that this messageboard does not keep you "viewing" a thread, even while the page is still up for days on end, although their prune time is a lot longer than most (5-10 minutes is the norm)

edit2 - actually 12oz's inactive user thing lasts more like 45 minutes, not the originally stated 1 hour

No, this is not correct.

Since the forum clocks never were fixed, I have been able to view threads indefinitely without any user activity.

If mods would just fix the clocks, then the "user prune" system will work properly.

I thought we went over this. The forum clock fixed itself on March 13th.

The mods were lazy and probably already knew this so they did absolutely nothing while everyone's world was off by one hour for six months.

ATTENTION MODERATORS::: PLEASE PREPARE FOR THE NEXT TIME SHIFT.

screenshotremotecable_edited-1.jpg

screenshotremoteTV.jpg

screenshotisthereadoccopy.jpg

screenshotinternetoffcopy.jpg

screenshotturncomputeroff1_edited-1.jpg

screenshotturncomputeroff2_edited-1.jpg

And if you can't comprehend this simple common sense, then you suck iloveboxcars dick while he sucks puertorican dick.

Remedial fucks are remedial as fuck.

No, my internet is clearly turned off in that that picture.

I would have to click on Opera or Chrome or Firefox etc to turn it back on.

the clock on my cable box keeps time while my cable is turned off.

I'm sure yours does to.

You know why?

Because you don't have to fucking unplug something in order to "turn it off".

Does this fact blow your mind?

yru7W.png

See that icon there that is circled in green? if you move your mouse (the magical arrow you move around on screen) over it and leave it there for a moment, a dialog box will pop up (also known as a text box, if you weren't sure what dialog meant) it will say something to the effect of "internet access". This means that you have access to the internet.

side note: the icon looks like 2 computer screens, one behind the other

dao, the internet isn't only websites, it is how 1 computer connects to another. chat programs use the internet (AIM, MSN, IRC etc) and they are (usually) completely separate from IE or Firefox or whatever browser you might use. half the programs on your computer access the internet to get updates.

what you are closing when you are clicking the white x in the red box in your web browser, is the program that allows you to view the world wide web. the world wide web is not the internet.

the internet is the container, the websites you visit (world wide web) is definitely the largest, but still only a part of the www.

The Internet is named for "interconnection of computer networks" not "ability to type red text so others can view"

p.s. - are you trolling?

And I have yet to hear what it is you nerds call it when your cable is turned off, yet it's still plugged into the wall and the clock is still keeping time?

Oh, that's right, there is no nerd jargon for the cable button on the remote control.

It's just the fucking cable button.

Just like the red box with the white X is the "turn the internet off button".

Okay. So literally everyone disagrees with you. Even swampy who likes you tried to explain it to you.

So please keep arguing cause its seriously like, "if a girl swallows my cum can she get pregnant" type of hilarious.

Nobody argued with ulyour cable thing. What you actually said was "if i turn the TV off is the cable still on" to which the andwer is yes. If you turn the cable box off your cable box is off. But that has nothing to do with the fact that closing your browserdoes not, I repeat does NOT turn of your internets.

Carry on.

See that icon there that is circled in green? if you move your mouse (the magical arrow you move around on screen) over it and leave it there for a moment, a dialog box will pop up (also known as a text box, if you weren't sure what dialog meant) it will say something to the effect of "internet access". This means that you have access to the internet.

Since when do you have to cut off the gas supply to your oven in order to turn your oven off?

questions-

do you really have all 4 of the major browsers? do you use them all, or just opera?

adobe reader updates it self in MB almost daily, and this is almost completely to benefit companies and not you. i strongly recommend you get rid of it and get either sumatra pdf or foxit reader.

is realplayer even used any more? what do you use real player for?

when your subscription to norton is up i'd consider a free anti virus if i were you, along with malware bytes.

why am i bothering with this? you aren't going to do any of this.

you dont have to disconnect the cable to/from your modem to stop getting the internet. you can right click on the icon and then disable, thereby allowing you to use the computer with out the internet working. this would be like watching a dvd while the cable box is in standby.

questions-

do you really have all 4 of the major browsers? do you use them all, or just opera?

adobe reader updates it self in MB almost daily, and this is almost completely to benefit companies and not you. i strongly recommend you get rid of it and get either sumatra pdf or foxit reader.

is realplayer even used any more? what do you use real player for?

when your subscription to norton is up i'd consider a free anti virus if i were you, along with malware bytes.

why am i bothering with this? you aren't going to do any of this.

^This nigga ducking the question by changing the subject. :rolleyes: