Moving to New York City

enigmatic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the shit did you just say about my ears?!

Anyway, so back on topic I guess. A little word of advice to anyone moving to New York (OR even just visiting, true fact)

First thing you want to do is apply for a NY license... yes, even if you're just visiting... THEN you want to apply for food stamps... YES, even if (I cannot stress this enough) you're JUST visiting... They will give you $200 a month...

please tourists and dreamers...if you move anywhere in NY and can walk don't suck any more money out of our budget. taxes are to damn high. cigs and blunts can not go up anymore with out me having to do greasy shit to afford em. in fact, move to pa its only a quick drive away and you can scheme shit to sell to yorkers at wacky wavey prices.

i love 12oz chzero, everyone gets so off topic. first page is about nyc and last page is about marines? ha

go to nyc and fucking explore. thats the only way to really see whats out there. (A lot to offer) hit the known skate spots and hook up with others who school u on whats good in the areas. weed is good. pizza is good. hit up a lot of events that are free and get drunk for free. shit like dat

go to grays papaya and get the 2 dogs an a fruit smoothie for 4.99. Dollar dumplings in china town. Dollar slices on canal st. marvel at all the horrible bootleg roors and china blown glass, then buy in bulk and pass off to the minors. go to art shows to skeez free beers. do acid. drive however the fuck you like, better yet drive while doing whipits. it'll make sense. avoid uc's. if your in an area you don't know well don't look up to much. get on your schemes. and when you turn the corner on the side walks sometimes hold your breath because a huge gust of shit-wind might knock into you. i got caught off guard and almost puked the first time.

Grow ironic mustache, purchase skinny jeans, a fedora, and thick framed glasses, then move to Brooklyn.

If asked a question, there are two appropriate responses "whatever" or "I was into ______ before anyone heard of ______".

*tattoo's, I almost forgot to say get tattoo's, owls and anything else ironically retro is the best.

also a dutch is 2 dollars now. what the fuck

If I'm living in the state with the second highest tobacco tax and can still find them for 1.00-1.25, you should step your searching game up, especially with the amount of cutty bodegas and convenience stores NYC has to offer.

ya burn blunts 4 lyfe bomberry kush keeps me smokin

please tourists and dreamers...if you move anywhere in NY and can walk don't suck any more money out of our budget. taxes are to damn high. cigs and blunts can not go up anymore with out me having to do greasy shit to afford em. in fact, move to pa its only a quick drive away and you can scheme shit to sell to yorkers at wacky wavey prices.

Haha suck anymore money out of your budget? NYC has money to SPARE. Just to get over a bridge anywhere in the city it costs 6.50, at what, a billion heads going through that toll a day?! Richest city in the world and that shit doesn't show.

PA is suuuper cheap compared to NY. I moved from Jersey to PA cause its saving me a few hundred a month. Plenty of good skate spots and parks in PA too. And its only a short trip from the city too...I love going to ny but i wouldnt want to live there. I like to drive way too much to live there. My advice is move to central jersey so you can be inbetween Ny and Philly...two of the best and worst cities in the country...plus philly has some of the best skate spots. Train commuting is way better than driving and beats the fuck out of $4.00 a gallon for gas.

I realise this probably isn't that serious anymore BUT if anyone is around Brooklyn in the next few weeks they should go check out my buddies show...

It''s on until May 15th and right now I'm more than a little pissed I didn't go over for it.

So you want us to go to a show for a friend that even you, as his friend, did not show up for?