fight for your right revisited

seeking

Some solid beats, but the rapping mostly sounded slow and old. This new stuff sounds way more up to par. (Not hating on To The 5, though. I came off in one of the videos and saw them on that tour. No complaints here.)

But nothing is ever going to top the Dust Brothers' production on Paul's Boutique. The most played shit on my ipod is mostly source tracks from that album. Too fucking good.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^That except Native Tongues isn't really on par with those dudes.

Bomb Squad and DUst brothers used upwards of 20 samples per song.

Native Tongues had shitloads of longer loops.

Definitely all wonderful, but I just love the Shocklees and every album they touched.

El-P's production is similar.

I didn't think I needed to name every native tongue family artist, was just pointing out a couple that are well known for their production. For instance, the first black sheep album is one of the beat albums in the history of hip hop IMO. Totally slept on. Lawnge's production is beastin.

http://hotsaucecommittee.com/

Good people, unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control, the "clean" version of our new album, The Hot Sauce Committee pt 2 has leaked.

So as a hostile and retaliatory measure with great hubris we are making the full explicit aka filthy dirty nasty version available for streaming on our new site.

For instance, the first black sheep album is one of the beat albums in the history of hip hop IMO. Totally slept on.

If you're talking about "Wolf In Sheep's Clothing," I wouldn't say that album was slept on. "The Choice Is Yours" was an instant classic and got pretty hyped up all around. If anything, that was the only album of theirs that WASN'T slept on.

This album was slept on.

Black+Sheep+-+Non-Fiction.jpg

Black Sheep - Without A Doubt

Totally different album from WISC, but worth checking out, especially now when most hip hop is total garbage. You know shit is bad when you'd rather hear

than most of the shit on the radio or TV.

About the short film though, I think it's more of a music video and people were expecting more of a narrative. At least that's what my issues with it were. When I first heard about this, I thought it was going to be something completely different. So if I went into that thinking it was just another video for their new single --I think I would have enjoyed it a hell of a lot more.

I wish someone would make a good Beastie Boys bio-pic. Those mother fuckers have some crazy stories. How three white Jewish kids came out of Brooklyn and became hip hop kings during the most prominent years is a story I'd pay to see in the theater. As long as it's not done like "Notorious" or any of these other polished turd looking bio-pics.

• 1 month later...