GAS PRICES WHERE U LIVE?

JOEMACKSPAINTHXA

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

91, 95 and 98. I can get E85 which is denatured ethanol blend fuel, but you need to have your car tuned to use it long term. We use the RON measure in Australia, and you blokes use what I believe is the MON system. So your 'regular' at around 82/83MON is the same as our 91RON unleaded.

In Japan the premium fuel is 100RON!! Lucky buggers.

We used to be able to get Ultimate 102, which would have been like 95 in your money. That cleaned out the injectors pretty nicely!

in sacramento cali =

in november it shot up to about $4.69 for regular unleaded (because of the refinery fire in richmond) at shell gas station.

then the ampm/arco gas station by my work dropped to as low as $3.17 just a month and a half ago...and now, that same gas station is at $3.93.

It hovers around $4 here.

When I was a kid (1986 or so) gas dropped to something like 68 cents a gallon at one point. When I started working as a messenger (1997) it was about $1.50 a gallon...I've never had a license so gas prices have never directly affected me, or so I'd like to think.

All you mericans'

Is there more of a "baton down the hatches" vibe over there now? Or are people still clinging to the idea that they must have every accoutrement under the sun and continue on with their heads in the sand?

Are any of you having to kerb your lifestyle in a big way to stay afloat?

My bad, there has been a fair few police beatings in my city lately...

Maybe it has affected me subconsciously or im just a dumbcunt.

Seriously this fucks with my mind, If the states unravels fast then it will be mayhem on all fronts.

If it is a slow stagnation for a decade or so will the public be able to downshift their lifestyles?

Anyone in my generation or below has known nothing but growth in their lifetime... And judging by some of the bitches in my country a lot of young people will kick and scream when they cant have their fancy gizmo's etc.

The perfect example is Gas/Fuel.

When it gets to expensive can you deal with having a life with less mobility?

Does your city have adequate public transport?

The Bay Area has decent transportation but rest assured it would go to hell relatively quickly if gas were to double in price.

Keep in mind that while you pay seven bucks a gallon in Oz (and in similar parts of the civilized world) you're probably seeing a fair return on what your taxes are paying for. Here gasoline is subsidized then heavily taxed and we barely see shit for that.

Like public transport? None here. I couldn't catch a bus to town if I wanted to. And if I do make the twenty minute drive to the nearest pick up point, there's one bus a day.

Good internet reception? I live in an area that the highest monthly limit is 10GB and it costs me $130/m. My posts are like drops of gold in this motherfucker.

No rubbish collection.

No street lights.

No recycling.

An overworked health care system that is run by arbitrary numbers to appease the talk back radio listeners.

Oh, you want power? Really? How much? Three phase like the rest of the world... nah son, we don't do things like that 'round here. So I had to buy a fuckin' generator the size of an F150 Duallie to run my place otherwise I live in darkness.

Hate to get serious, but two days before an election....

I wasn't aware that you lived in the Outback...we have areas like that too not far from here, but that's the reality when it comes to rural life. They do have power, though.

Needless to say I've never been there so what I know is based on what I've read about the place.

• Like 1

Absolutely, for a lot of working class people fuel already represents 15-25% of their budget

and don't forget the effect it would have on things like groceries. i know a lot of local produce here in california gets transported around the state via big rigs and freeways.

grocery bills are another huge percentage of family budgets.

btw, prices are dropping a little bit: I filled up at $3.85 a gallon compared to $3.93 from my last post.