---> acupuncture

!@#$%

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i broke a bone in my hand about 4 years ago. i believe it was referred to as a "boxers fracture", some metacarpal break in my right hand. im terrified of any type of surgery, so when the doctor suggested a metal pin be implemented, i refused. said fuck it, and let that shit heal on its own. he couldnt guarantee any huge reduction in pain due to the surgery so i decided it wasnt for me.

my fuckin hand kills me on a daily basis. its my dominant hand, and when i do normal shit like painting or writing the pain is intense. the doctor warned me that there was a high probability that later on in life id be feeling the effects of arthritis. i dunno what arthritis feels like, but im pretty sure im feelin it only a few years later.

im in my twenties, just wondering if any of you have done the acupuncture shit for pain caused by formerly broken bones?

im considering it.

the joint pain i experience is sometimes unbearable, like my wrist is literally exploding. i fully thought i had arthritis, sometimes the pain is so bad i cannot move my hand.

after acupuncture, when i had joint pain it was mild discomfort.

i also had a very serious car wreck in which i broke 7 ribs and a collarbone, so i have neck pain

the acupuncture also helped a ton with that, when i mention how relaxed i felt and how unusual that is, it was my neck not feeling like it had high wire tension cables in it.

when i was reading up on acupuncture, it can apparently be used to treat every-damn-thing

so i'd assume your doc wasn't far off the mark when he suggested it.

thanks symbols.

and i got a laugh outta that /nh.

**damn i wanted to post something crazy in the nonsense thread for my 1000th post.

missed the boat again.

it snowed fuckin 2 feet here today, just when i thought shit was over and done with.

arthritis and shoveling snow in the cold weather...not a good look.

ONLY IN CANADA!

that's good. i have not had the same experience. my ma was real sick, her chinese doctor was a shitbag. and he knew basically nothing. i also know from my field that it is pretty easy to get a medical degree in china.

so, i'd differentiate, it's not that chinese people are bad doctors, it's that people from china who have medical degrees may have just bought one from a guy on a bus stop.

Fair enough, I would also be hesitant with a bus stop Doc from mainland China.

My positive experiences with Chinese Docs has always been in Singapore and they have a great all around health care system.

i broke a bone in my hand about 4 years ago. i believe it was referred to as a "boxers fracture", some metacarpal break in my right hand. im terrified of any type of surgery, so when the doctor suggested a metal pin be implemented, i refused. said fuck it, and let that shit heal on its own. he couldnt guarantee any huge reduction in pain due to the surgery so i decided it wasnt for me.

my fuckin hand kills me on a daily basis. its my dominant hand, and when i do normal shit like painting or writing the pain is intense. the doctor warned me that there was a high probability that later on in life id be feeling the effects of arthritis. i dunno what arthritis feels like, but im pretty sure im feelin it only a few years later.

im in my twenties, just wondering if any of you have done the acupuncture shit for pain caused by formerly broken bones?

im considering it.

did you break the bone straight across or diagonally? I ask cause if it was diagonally, the bone

may have healed up with a point still sticking out which could be rubbing on a tendon. It's hard to

explain, but you may want to get it re-xrayed to see what's up. I had this happen when i broke 3 bones

in my left hand in similar fashion.

i had my first acupuncture appointment last week

it was awesome. haven't felt relaxation like that in ages.

anyone else like it?

i'll probably be making another appointment soon, apparently it's good to go a lot when you first start to get your bod in tune.

Girl I could have given you relaxation and satisfaction free of charge. Erotic massage and all that sexual stuff you know? In return make me mod. Everyones happy

i dunno. Whenever i get to feeling stressed, apprehensive, anxious ect i do the mature thing: pick up a 12 pack of budweiser, roll by the pill spot and grip up on 5 stickbats, and a couple somas. cheaper than some puncture and probably a lot more responsible. but u do u

a couple hundo for some little asian lady from who knows where to stick my black ass with sharp objects........................?

shining.gif

As a matter of fact i've been seriously looking into it recently. Always wanted to try it.

It could help with my TMJ, headaches, allergies, and more recently back pain.

Just founf out Kaiser offers 25% off certain providers and am ready to try it.

im also sketchy about chiro/accupressure/accupuncture cause in the back of my head i feel there going to tell me it can help but your going to have to come 3x a week for 30 years bullshit.

funny how assumptions go.

my acupuncturist is not asian, people.

pistol, no doubt you have to go often in the beginning, or else it isn't worth it

my girl put it like this: you might be recommended to go once a week for the first couple months, then once every two weeks for a month, then once a month a couple times, then you get to only twice a year or so, a chiropractor will be the same way, prolly acupressure too.

what is cool about my situation, is that she is very laid back. i told her no way can i afford that, in money or possibly time as well, and she understands (so make sure if you go to someone they aren't going to get bitchy because you don't go as often as they'd like)

so i am going back for round two next week, which will be about two weeks in between appointments.

she was just excited to have anew client i think (so it might help if you know someone just getting into it or would be willing to go to a school or something for treatment..)

it did help, and she'd said that it may also help in ways i hadn't imagined.

the best part of it is that did happen. i don't want/need to smoke as much pot (so i'll save some money there) and oddly, i noticed that my hands and feet don't get as cold as they usually do (i think i have poor circulation) and who knows what poisons reside in my body from years of drugs and painting. she also knows that about me.. i guess i'm lucky to have someone i have a personal relationship (though she added that she's bound by HIPAA, so everything between us is totally confidential.)

what is cool is it's likely you will feel something from the first couple visits. i'd say at least give it a shot. *unless of course you are totally skeptical, psychosomatic doubts about treatment can apparently cause it to not be effective..

Fair enough, I would also be hesitant with a bus stop Doc from mainland China.

My positive experiences with Chinese Docs has always been in Singapore and they have a great all around health care system.

Yeah, huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference there.

The basis of national education, education system, regulations, enforcement of regulations and out-and-out corruption here is astonishing. Symbols is not at all exaggerating when she says that you can buy quals on the street.

My old duck who used to work for a facial surgeon tells me that there is a prob back home as well as a lot of Chinese (both HK and mainland) Chinese are pressured into medical and dental degrees as they are prestigious roles. There are now a significant amount of disinterested docs and dents in Australia diluting the services available.

I went to a combo chiro/acupuncturist 6 or 7 times a few years back to try to help with my headaches. Would do 30 minutes of hard chiro, then 30 minutes of deep acupuncture. It didn't help my headaches, but I certainly felt a lot less tense afterwards. I couldn't justify continuing it though, so it wasn't helping the actual problem. The woman who did it was very asian. She also used this shoe horn looking thing to do something along the lines of the gua sha shit that was mentioned on the last page.

The acupuncture only hurts when they do them deep, nh, in really tense muscles. Hurting probably isn't even the right word, it's just a really awkward pressure. The ones in the face were odd, but for me it was usually the neck/upper back/shoulders that felt the worst while they were in. The chiro, on the other hand, hurt pretty bad some times. I guess thats what I get for being a ridiculously tense person. Some sessions I was so tense that she would get upset and not be able to do what she was trying to.

If I didn't have such a massive deductible on my health insurance, I'd definitely consider doing it again.

So I went and made an appointment today.

He was not asian.

He treated me for lower back pain/spasms.

Needles on ankles, legs, and lower back.

Chilled for 25 minutes with the needles in and a hot pack listening to cheesy new age asian style music.

Gonna go back and continue treatment for that then work on TMJ, headaches, and allergies.

im considering it.

I have only done acupuncture once and hence have nothing to really add to that part of the discussion.

Hand and wrist pain however is something I am quite familiar with. Shattered 7 bones in my left hand and like four or five in the right, spent many years doing heavy work with my hands and I can predict the weather by the pain.

I started swimming, daily or near daily back around October or so. After about six weeks I started to feel the positive effects in my body and was shocked to find that my hand and wrist pain all but went away.

Gone, it is really odd but super fucking cool. I thought for sure I was going to have penguin hands by middle age.

Now I am not sure what it is about swimming that does it and the amount of swimming I do is really a commitment that you kind of have to be into to follow through on but keep it in mind.

If you do get into swimming check out he US Masters swim forum, pretty cool info there and regular posters are like former olympians and shit. People who actually know about athleticism, exercise and aging and not a bunch of douche bags like other corners of athletic advice on the interwebs.