---> acupuncture

!@#$%

i had my first acupuncture appointment last week

it was awesome. haven't felt relaxation like that in ages.

anyone else like it?

i'll probably be making another appointment soon, apparently it's good to go a lot when you first start to get your bod in tune.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was toying with getting it done here but I do not trust A. that the person doing it has any fucking idea what they are doing to me and B. that the needles haven't already been used on 82 different people with H1N1, SARS and Japanese Encephalitis.

The bullshit that gets passed off a medical practice here is just fucking astonishing.

For example:

'you should pull your pants up over your belly button otherwise the wind will blow in and make you sick'

'Americans are fat because they drink cold water'

'Eating walnuts will make you smarter because they look like your brain'

Just today a mainlander was kicked out of Taiwan because he was selling a cure for everything, including cancer........, through slapping.

Read this shit:

Taiwan kicks out Chinese writer over slapping cure

(AFP) – 11 hours ago

TAIPEI — Taiwan's government on Thursday ordered a Chinese writer to leave the island after he claimed that slapping a person's body can cure chronic disease.

Xiao Hongci drew criticism when he claimed that his "slapping therapy" had healing powers at a promotion in Taipei earlier this week, slapping a woman's arm red while demonstrating his technique.

"It takes seven days and it's 100 percent effective for diabetics. It can cure heart disease and high blood pressure too," Xiao said in footage aired by local television.

But his Taiwan tour has been cut short after he has been ordered to leave within seven days as well as paying a fine of Tw$50,000 ($1,600) for claiming healing effects for what is considered a "folk therapy", officials said.

"Xiao in on a tourist visa and he is not allowed to practise medicine here," said an immigration official.

Xiao has published a book on his "slapping therapy" in Taiwan which has reportedly sold more than half a million copies.

Copyright © 2011 AFP. All rights reserved. More »

So yeah, little bit skeptical of Asian medicine.....

• Like 1

my acupuncturist is an old friend christo, that REALLY helped.

i don't think i would have done it otherwise.

i also would NEVER trust a chinese MD or have serious work done by one.

but, chinese medicine is at the least, interesting. and american doctors literally cannot diagnose me, so i am giving it a try.

she said that it was unlikely i'd get relief from only a few treatments, croc.

i am not encouraging you to try it again, i only know that she said that often in acupuncture treatment, the problem gets worse then gets better.. she explained in more depth but that was the gist. i'm also sure that no one thing will work for everyone

*just wondering, have you tried learning meditation? i did in my early twenties and after that my insomnia went away forever.

i got a professional massage from my man as a gift, i'd never been.

it was great, a very reputable spa etc

but what that did was NOTHING compared to how i felt after the acupuncture. i haven't been been that relaxed in ages.

she claims that i have to go often to start (my insurance co authorized 3 months) and then you go less and less often, so i'll be going again

i did have joint pain again since the treatment, but holy shit it was FAR less painful and swollen than it usually is. so far, it seems to be working on something.

yeah that kinda pissed me off. my acupuncturist said 10 treatments would "start" see results, after i asked when is this going to start to kick in. 1400+ was kinda steep at the time for no guarantee. i felt like "thats where they get ya" so i stopped. i remember not liking the idea of these needles around my neck ear area too. i do not remember however, if the smokers went more then once.

glad to hear you're in less pain then usual.

• Like 1

Dog-Acupuncture.jpg

at the old lab they were learning acupuncture so they could do research on the medicinal properties. this brazlian post-doc who was an expert came to show us how to do it.. on MICE. haha

Really?! Some of the best medical care I have ever had has been from Chinese MD's.

that's good. i have not had the same experience. my ma was real sick, her chinese doctor was a shitbag. and he knew basically nothing. i also know from my field that it is pretty easy to get a medical degree in china.

so, i'd differentiate, it's not that chinese people are bad doctors, it's that people from china who have medical degrees may have just bought one from a guy on a bus stop.

6a0105349ca980970c010535d98c94970b-800wi

5$

ONLY 5 DOLLARS FOR AN ASIAN SALAD? NO WONDER BITCHES BE IN LINE WAITIN FOR THAT SHIT. b.

xlando, it wasn't painful even a little

i felt the needles go in but that's it.

i did however, try to scratch the bottom of my foot with my other foot while the needles were in and HOLY SHIT i shouldn't have done that. i just moved my foot back and it went away immediately

i broke a bone in my hand about 4 years ago. i believe it was referred to as a "boxers fracture", some metacarpal break in my right hand. im terrified of any type of surgery, so when the doctor suggested a metal pin be implemented, i refused. said fuck it, and let that shit heal on its own. he couldnt guarantee any huge reduction in pain due to the surgery so i decided it wasnt for me.

my fuckin hand kills me on a daily basis. its my dominant hand, and when i do normal shit like painting or writing the pain is intense. the doctor warned me that there was a high probability that later on in life id be feeling the effects of arthritis. i dunno what arthritis feels like, but im pretty sure im feelin it only a few years later.

im in my twenties, just wondering if any of you have done the acupuncture shit for pain caused by formerly broken bones?

im considering it.

xlando, it wasn't painful even a little

i felt the needles go in but that's it.

i did however, try to scratch the bottom of my foot with my other foot while the needles were in and HOLY SHIT i shouldn't have done that. i just moved my foot back and it went away immediately

ahhh, where they insertin em on you? everywhere? /nh

hahaha, bust.