Navigating the canadian government bureaucracy...

Ski Mask

This isn't really urgent or anything, but I could use some help. I'm trying to find out how the hell I go about getting a copy of my RCMP or CSIS files. I'm sure I've got them due to an incident I'm not going to discuss on here, but I have no idea how to apply to see them. I'm not even sure where to find info on exactly what they have to disclose, but I'm pretty sure they have to give it up...

I doubt anyone here can help but I've had no luck searching the endless maze of government websites....

"freedom of information act" yields like 40,000 damn hits. Most of them being court documents...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ese, id actually try and talk to a lawyer about this. dealing with the government and their files online will get you nowhere. trust me, our gopvernment is so backed up right now, i have a 2 month waiting list to see my p.o, and the court system is so unorgainised they have no idea where anything is, id be a miracle if you found out on your own. just talk to a lwayer, they know where to look, ill bet theyd do it for a very small charge, i mean very cheap, if you dont wanna, try going to the local govt building, youll have to do this in person.

well, I'm gonna have to find out what office I go to, to get the form, but I've found out how to apply. It'll cost me $5 in administration fees and take me 30 days (tops) but they have to give me the info (Under the Access to Information Act) or at least tell me that they cant release the info for security reasons. I managed to get my search specific enough to find this info finally....thanks for the suggestion though. I still keep the business card for my old lawyer in my wallet, but I dont want to call him cause I'd probably have to pay for the damn phone call. Besides...this isnt urgent, just personal curiousity and paranoia.

Archived