quit my job today

blood fart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

quiting is all good as long as you have another job lined up, but i could never understand people who quit just because they got pissed off over some meaningless bullshit. either way bloodfart its awesome you got the v.i.p. treatment on your way out to better and bigger things

See I was gonna say something snide about how bloodfart posts, then I realized she makes me LOL and wouldn't care anyway, although she might quote me to tell me she didn't care, which in turn could imply that she does.

I'm full of Chinese food and beer I'm going out soon WHATEVER

Some things never change.

One of those things being that every time I post, no matter what it's about, there's gonna be a few lamers that have negative stuff to say.

I can't be bothered by negativity.

P.M.A. is what gets me through in life.

I could make insulting remarks to folks that try to put me down, but getting wrapped up in that nonsense isn't really what I'm about at this point in my life.

I know for a fact that my life rules so hard right now, and that is all due to hard work and lifestyle changes...ain't nobody gonna bring me down and make me feel bad because of the way I write.

We made the day-long event that is coming back to the states.

It was fine.

Everybody was nice and helpful and it all went better than expected.

I was telling dude the other day that if you are nice to people, then they in turn will be nice to you and will want to do all they can to be helpful.

He mentioned over dinner last night how he's been trying it out and so far it's working for him really well.

So yeah.

There's always that.

We're staying with my family while we look for a place to live.

They all want me to get a place within a few blocks from the house, so I can be over here all the time.

I don't know about that.

I love my family and am happy to see them again.

But I also love having my own space and not being sucked into scheduling my life around the needs of others.

Sometimes I like to focus on myself and be a bit selfish.

We'll see.

It's five in the morning.

Everyone is asleep and the house is silent and still.

And all I can think about is biscuits and gravy.

Austin can be a bro-dude town.

But that isn't the Austin that I live.

Life is what you make of it.

If you hang out at lame bars and get drunk all the time, you're just going to be around lame drunk jerks.

I don't do that sort of thing, so I don't hang in places where those sorts frequent.

It's a beautiful city with a lot of good stuff going on.

You just have to be looking for the right things.

It's good to be home.

I've always liked the way Blood Fart writes since I came on here, it's not trying to be poetry.

It makes it easier to read when there is more than a one sentence if you hit enter after each sentence is finished.

Look, I'm doing it right now, some people on here actually read above a 2nd grade level and can handle more than a single line of text, this just makes it easier to read.

To top it off there is actual thought and content in what she's writing and it's not some shallow observation anyone could give.

That is all.

plus im only getting 7 bucks an hour..barely enough to live on.

:lol:

where ya workin son, mcdonalds?

quiting is all good as long as you have another job lined up, but i could never understand people who quit just because they got pissed off over some meaningless bullshit.

this.

my homey just quit his job without another one because he got pissed off.

now hes even more pissed off with less money.

:rolleyes:

There's something liberating about quitting a job. Especially when you just walk the fuck out. I have done that in my younger days, its not the right way, but if a job sucks it sucks.

this too.

i remember being 16 and working at a grocery store in the produce section.

this cashier i was tryna smash ratted me out for smoking weed at work.

i come in the next day, and the bitch manager is sweatin me hard, saying shes gonna write me up and shit.

sometime during my verbal reprimand i said fuck this job, and interrupted her power trip.

"you know what, i dont think this job is for me, im gonna leave now" i say.

"you cant leave, youre the only one scheduled, youre closing. if you leave, im gonna have to stay to cover your shift."

dealwithit.gif

i remember embarking on the 45 minute walk home and feeling happier than i had in a long time.

whenever i quit a job i really hate im always amazed on how i let a job make me miserable for so long.

lifes too short.

Congratulations on quitting your job. I've personally never held a real job for more than a year, so now I just have to work for myself. Sure the pay sucks, but it's better than being a complete bum.

. . . but I have to say, Austin ranks as one of my least favorite cities in the U.S. I might be cool for Texas, but in the end it's still Texas. The only cool thing I've ever done in Austin was visit the Gas Station from "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", but I guess that's not even in Austin, it's like a half hour outside.

It's just too much of a drunk, jock, bro-dude town for me.

Maybe there's more to it that I've been missing, enlighten me.

Austin is the complete opposite of a dude-bro town.

Infact, last time I was there I remember commenting that I hadn't seen one person all day who wasn't either a hipster or a 45 year old punk rock.

Maybe it depends on what side of town you're in, but if your impression of Austin was that it's a bro-dude jock town then you were doing it wrong.

only had one job where I had to be responsible. pizza joint on the eastside 2 miles outside detroit, on gratiot for those that are familiar with the area. anyway, was the am manager, had a key and had to open every morning, prep, blah blah blah. we had an online ordering option, and that was the few orders we got during the day, I was suppose to sell slices but never did. so every wednesday I would lock up at noon, smoke some weed, and get my har did. shaved. no gaurd. real niggas dont fuck with hair on they head. did this 3 times, 4th time the owner showed up, I was gone, pizza oven on, nothing done, and I got my hair cut clean. fired on the spot. cool story asshole.

edit, I guess you could say the military was a job I had to be responbile at. I also shit my pants in basic training.

Every time I've been there i was playing in a band, all punk rock inside the club, bro-dude assholes everywhere the moment I stepped out onto the street.

Austin is one of the few places I've been where people are actually walking down the street trashed yelling "Woooooooooooooooooo!" with their arms up in the air.

I have friends that live there and they drag us all over the place, but there's just something about the state of Texas that I don't like. . . and every time I leave that place I think to myself "I'd kill myself if I lived in Texas".

Like I said, you were doing it wrong.