REFRIGERATOR TOO LOUD

John Basegow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

THAT'S WEAK, NIGGUH.

One fridge at an old squat of mine was infested with ants, so we threw a frozen turkey inside, duct-taped it shut and put it on the corner one night where it sat for two weeks. In July. I swear the thing was glowing by the time the city finally picked it up.

dirty-fridge-2.JPG

http://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects/Home-Repair/Appliance-Repair/how-to-repair-a-refrigerator

Refrigerator noise comes from either the compressor under the fridge, the condenser fan motor under the fridge, or the evaporator fan motor inside the freezer. Open the freezer door while the fridge is running. If the noise doesn't get louder when you open the freezer, pull out the fridge. Most refrigerators have a condenser fan motor (Photo 13). Unscrew the back cover and listen—you'll be able to tell whether the noise is coming from the fan or the compressor. The best cure for a loud compressor is usually a new fridge. To replace the fan motor, remove its mounting screws, unplug it and install the new one.

FH04NOV_BROKRE_24.jpg

My freezer is loud, it will rev up and start making noise for a while and then stop. I wish I had known that this was going to be a issue when I purchased it, I would have spent more to get a quite model.

It is full at the moment, had a cook off over the last couple days and made so much food the gf made a list so that we do not forget what we have in there.

212z35.jpg

If, while moving a fridge or freezer you tilt it more that 30 degrees from the vertical, wait 24 hours before plugging it in to prevent a gurgling noise.

dirty-fridge-2.JPG

http://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects/Home-Repair/Appliance-Repair/how-to-repair-a-refrigerator

Refrigerator noise comes from either the compressor under the fridge, the condenser fan motor under the fridge, or the evaporator fan motor inside the freezer. Open the freezer door while the fridge is running. If the noise doesn't get louder when you open the freezer, pull out the fridge. Most refrigerators have a condenser fan motor (Photo 13). Unscrew the back cover and listen—you'll be able to tell whether the noise is coming from the fan or the compressor. The best cure for a loud compressor is usually a new fridge. To replace the fan motor, remove its mounting screws, unplug it and install the new one.

FH04NOV_BROKRE_24.jpg

Compressor about to go bad. Prepare to pay some money to have it fixed or buy a new fridge. One thing I have learned about appliances is bad noises are bad.

for the win!