REAL Doc MARTENS

eatyourpaint

WTF. even england scrapped pride in shoemaking and sent it over to asia for a sub-standard product. "original" (chinese made) doc martens. i had a true pair of the original english made martens, the weight diffrence and leather quality between the two is substantionally noticeable, as is the quality of the sole (soul). what the fuck, ive even seen pictures online of alleged "original" enlishmade doc martens and its not them. apparently china and or other countries are bootlegging them and even stamping, "made in england" on the sole and adding the petrol, oil, alklyd etc... resistant stamp.

it's ridicoulous. anyone know where to find a REAL pair in the tri-state area or possibly online?

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i noticed COACH bags are now made in china.

oh well, in another 30 years it'll be india.

them fucking bags were probably always made in china. the thing is we can say ,"yeah fuck that it's cheaper long as i can rock a designer label and buy it 4$ on canal st" "yeah i can buy (try to) a product in america (or europe/uk for that matter) but it costs more" true. but that's the mentality and way corporate business helped ruin our economy and country and the majority of america helped it along. the ol' , "fuck that, it's made in chin, so what, it's cheaper, and i saved more money and still rock brand name" all the while american and global corporations outsource and pay shit wages in (example) mexico. so a company closes shop and crosses the border and pays the citizens shit-ass wages, what the fuck do you think is gonna happen? the citizens of that country are gonna jump border and come over here illegally. all these fucking politicians just ignore the broader picture and put up more fences and add more guards, while totally looking the other way at the source of the problem, cause corporate lobbyists stuffed they're pockets. ignorance is fucking blisss.

• 2 weeks later...

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - April 22nd, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any T Mobile Banner ad ***you see throughout 12ozProphet.

Once on the T Mobile site, Check out the new Nokia Astound. Take a screen grab of the Phone and get Two Free weeks of VIP..***

Click any other 2 advertisers ads ***screen grab within the advertisers site and send along with the T Mobile ad and get a month of VIP!!!***

Thats a full month for submitting 3 screen grabs letting us know you've visited their site.***

Then***Send us your screen grab via Private message, we will update accounts once a day so please be patient while we update your account. Make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

Show our advertisers love and check out what they have to offer... It only takes a few minutes anytime your on***12ozprophet.com***to click an ad and check out their goods.

This contest will run all week until Friday - April 22nd, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

i bought a pair of the "made in england" 14 eyehole vintage ones or whatever earlier this year, the leather is definitely heavier duty than the smaller 8 hole chinese ones i got last year (i think my sister bought 'em for me from some store at the mall.)

i payed like $220 for the english ones which to me isn't much for something that will last forever, since im pretty uptight about maintaining leather. but i like the english leather better, seems like it would shine up way easier than the weird, softer and spongy feeling chinese leather that's way thinner.

i'm always down to pay more for a product that's made in a somewhat reputable country as far as labor/manufacturing goes, rather than stuff made in china or haiti or jordan or some shithole you've never even heard of.