New York Suggestions Super Bu-dass Thread

cornpone

I'm gonna be in New York at the end of April and was looking for suggestions of places to check out. Looking for restaurants, bars, cool shit worth seeing, pretty much anything that's not the usual tourist kinda stuff. I'm staying in Manhattan for about 3 days and then in Brooklyn for about 4 days. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced

P.S. Boogie Hands

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

for eats in brooklyn check out...

Roll - N - Roaster (best choice)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/roll-n-roaster-brooklyn

Brenan and Carr (as seen on man vs food)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/brennan-and-carr-brooklyn-2

L & B Spumoni Gardens (also seen on man vs food)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/l-and-b-spumoni-gardens-brooklyn

Try some Halal stand by the train stations,

Fucking Delicious just be prepared to piss out of your asshole.

you know what. i got MAAAAD KOBEY BEEF with all those fucking habeeb halal stands.

when my pops used to take me around the city as a kid there was og hot dog stands

on every corner. dudes could grab a foot long dog with cheese and sauerkraut on a

new ENGLAND style bun for like. TWO bux. i didn't go to the city for almost 7 or 8 years.

first time i went back and ever since, i've noticed there isn't one good hot dog stand around.

not ONE! what kinda bull ass shit is that!!? yesmad!

icb basically nailed all the bk spots but you'll need a whip. Taking a train and then a bus to get to those spots is gonna fill up ur day.

Barhop east village, you'll find alot of hot hipster hoes.

Skip willy b, it will disgust you as it does me.

Shop in soho and check out all the hot model hoes.

Good views of the city is top of the rock in rockefeller center. It's much nicer and less crowded than empire state building.

Hop kee in chinatown.

Just walk and walk and you'll eventually find some shit that will interest you.

you know what. i got MAAAAD KOBEY BEEF with all those fucking habeeb halal stands.

when my pops used to take me around the city as a kid there was og hot dog stands

on every corner. dudes could grab a foot long dog with cheese and sauerkraut on a

new ENGLAND style bun for like. TWO bux. i didn't go to the city for almost 7 or 8 years.

first time i went back and ever since, i've noticed there isn't one good hot dog stand around.

not ONE! what kinda bull ass shit is that!!? yesmad![/color]

i need some fucking answers on this situation!!! where have all the hot dogs gone? seriously!

34th St and up to central park is where all the hot dog spots are. Speaking of hot dogs check out gray's papaya on 8th St and 6th ave. Also there's another papaya spot on 86th in ues, forgot the name though maybe it was Papaya king.

125th St got the Apollo and atmos if you like sneakers and gear.

Century 21 by the world trade center if you need some name brands at outlet prices.

Camarada on 115th and 1st ave has a great old school hip hop/funk/latin night on Wednesdays. Good pulled pork sandwiches, platanos, sangria, and lots of non-hipster girls.

Williamsburg is worth checking out for a day or so. Lots of bars, shops, restaurants, and graffiti to check out. Beyond that, it can get pretty irritating over there. Brooklyn Bowl can be cool, though kind of expensive.

Walk across the Brooklyn bridge for sure, unless it's really cold and windy. Don't get hit by a biker. This is much easier to do on a weekday than a weekend. When you get to the Brooklyn side, check out the view from the promenade.

The Met, MoMA, Museum of Natural History, the Transit Museum, the New Museum, Guggenheim... all rad.

5 Guys Burgers And Fries is a pretty good spot for relatively cheap food. Crif Dogs too.

Walk around SoHo on a warm day, and you will likely hurt your neck checking out the wimminz. Same for Meatpacking District. Check out the Highline park while you're over there.

Doughnut Plant Donuts.

Smith Street Tattoo, and South Brooklyn Pizza around the corner.

Joe's Pizza.

Good Life Cafe in the East Village. It's probably also worth wandering around that area, checking out St Mark's, all the people skating in Tompkins Square park, and having a bunch of crusty punks ask you to buy them cupcakes and H. It kind of almost still feels like New York over there. There's also an amazing burger at the spot next door to Niagara (blanking on their name, but it's on avenue A right by 7th, between Niagara and the grocery store.) *It's called Black Market, and man are those fucking burgers good!

The Vintage Video Game store on 6th and Bowery is fucking nuts, if you're into that sort of thing. I almost bought a Tetris watch the other day.

Wear good kicks; we walk more than anyone, and whenever I have guests, they're always complaining about their feet by day two.

Fuck what anyone else says, Queens got the best food.

Astoria

Woodside

Jackson Heights

Combined these three neighborhoods are unfuckwitable by anyplace on the Planet.

That's not even counting Flushing Queens, holy shit I'm getting hungry right now.

All these neighborhoods were created to give taste buds orgasms.

I'd start rattling off names but 99% out of towners only go to Manhattan or the Gentrified areas near Hipstersburg.

Fuck what anyone else says, Queens got the best food.

Astoria

Woodside

Jackson Heights

Combined these three neighborhoods are unfuckwitable by anyplace on the Planet.

That's not even counting Flushing Queens, holy shit I'm getting hungry right now.

All these neighborhoods were created to give taste buds orgasms.

I'd start rattling off names but 99% out of towners only go to Manhattan or the Gentrified areas near Hipstersburg.

Go to this guys restaraunt.

0.jpg