lets get it crackin :)

freakeenyc

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110329/ts_yblog_thelookout/fbi-asks-public-for-help-breaking-encrypted-notes-tied-to-1999-murder

FBI asks public for help breaking encrypted notes tied to 1999 murder

By Brett Michael Dykes

Tue Mar 29, 4:22 pm ET

In what seems like a throwback to the still-unsolved Zodiac killings that terrorized the San Francisco Bay Area in the 1970s, the FBI has sent out a public appeal for amateur sleuths to help solve a key cryptographic clue in a 1999 murder case.

On June 30, 1999, police officers in St. Louis, Missouri found the body of 41-year-old Ricky McCormick, who'd been murdered and dumped in a field. The only clues investigators recovered from the scene were two encrypted notes stuffed into the victim's pockets.

"Despite extensive work by our Cryptanalysis and Racketeering Records Unit (CRRU), as well as help from the American Cryptogram Association, the meanings of those two coded notes remain a mystery to this day, and Ricky McCormick's murderer has yet to face justice," the FBI said in a press release today. CRRU chief Dan Olson added, "We are really good at what we do, but we could use some help with this one ... Maybe someone with a fresh set of eyes might come up with a brilliant new idea."

The FBI has reached out to the public with code breaking brain teasers in the past--but they were games, not actual cases. This is the chance for want-to-be FBI sleuths to break their brains on code that is part of a current investigation. The notes are after the jump.

Channel your favorite CSI character, folks. Here are the notes

image_large.jpg

image_large-1.jpg

The bureau isn't offering any reward for assistance in solving the case at this time, but the FBI is asking people who believe they may have some insight into the notes write to the address below:

FBI Laboratory

Cryptanalysis and Racketeering Records Unit

2501 Investigation Parkway

Quantico, VA 22135

Attn: Ricky McCormick Case

LETS do this....im gonna spend my summer looking at this shit...thought some heads might find this interesting.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I really dont think its gibberish...niggas like these are mad narcissitic...im sure its not some crazy mathematical bullshit..otherwise the agency's woulda figured em out...

RTSE and NCBE and other _E letter combinations seem to be prevalent in the pages..theresa general lack of vowels other than E...im trying to find the significance of the parantheses in the first page..and why he circles the next, and possibly the numbers

It's most likely nonsensical gibberish written by a paranoid schizophrenic.

Dude was probably killed for being the grand master of the lizzard peoples illuminati.

And the note was probably written in their language to tell them that the people of Earth are rising against them.

freak i like youre enthusiasm man, i might have been into some shit like this a few years back, now i dont have the energy, i have so many different passwords for emails my vm pw and 3 checking accounts pin #'s so much other bullshit, if i stuff one more code in my brain a lot of other valuable information may be lost

z_homer-simpson-brain-crayon-xray.jpg

everyone is focused on solving some fake as puzzle rather than trying to catch him with good ol' fashion police work.

^Or maybe dude deliberately wrote down a bunch of gibberish just to throw the pigs off and distract them from doing said good ol' fashioned police work.

Like collecting DNA evidence.

Or eating donuts and tazing old ladies.

I'll bet they're pissed.

^Or maybe dude deliberately wrote down a bunch of gibberish just to throw the pigs off and distract them from doing said good ol' fashioned police work.

Like collecting DNA evidence.

Or eating donuts and tazing old ladies.

I'll bet they're pissed.

lulz way to spell out what i already said.

everyone is focused on solving some fake as puzzle rather than trying to catch him with good ol' fashion police work.

You can bet that they've exhausted all their "good ol' fashioned" police work options if they're reaching out to the public for assistance on a murder case from 12 years ago.

I actually think this is kind of cool, but I should probably just be a sardonic know it all because I don't wanna go against the grain.