Luxurie Lingerie.. No pron.

!@#$%

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i bought it.

corset%20building.jpg

awesome chica!

where ya gonna get the supplies?

edut:: i should say i luv how it says 'corset building'...its so nerdily wonderful!

my grandmother used to own some w/ real whalebone for the boning!

actually i think there was one w/ elephant, too.

they all died when her basement flooded tho. meh.

its all done with steel now, correct?

oh, and tags r the devil :hatred:

haha word.

there are afew online places to get supplies, but i think i'm going to go to Joann Fabric this weekend and see what they have. i know they have stuff to make bras so i'm hoping they have boning.

steel is common, but i think they use other materials now too, surely plastic has got to be one.

sucks about the flood. bet those were dope.

ok, i bought it.

corset%20building.jpg

That's awesome! I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

I have some with plastic, it does tend to lose shape if it's not sturdy enough and they're not fitted well...and you wear it for drunken halloween parties.

I'm gonna have to subscribe to this because I keep forgetting about Duty Free.

thx witty. i'd looked for it in duty free only and obv got nothing.

funny to see alure announcing her (first) pregnancy in there. she has another boy now and they are getting big.

damn. tearz and websteruno posts in there too.

mammaries.

............................. .. ........ . . .......

not assuming anyone gave a flying fuck about it*, but my book arrived today and i've begun reading up.

looks like i'm gonna need a lot of materials off the net.

fabric store had no boning

i love the idea of sewing a garment that has steel in it though (another option besides plastic)

already started drawing ideas.

*the audience in this thread tends to be a little nicer than the rest of the site. some of you ladies actually do seem to be paying attention.

/payingattentiononer

Will you have to do much of the sewing by hand what with the laying the support in?

When you do start can we have progression flicks? It's actually super interesting construction wise.

I haven't done any sewing for time but you've inspired me. I might make moves on a new project

i just made my first garment in years the other day, a wrap skirt

came out ok.. well, ok enough that i'm wearing it now.

did half of another skirt last night, finishing tonight

after looking thoroughly through the book and reading about half of it, i can see why she calls it 'building'

i'll be making a mock up first, so i can make sure the thing will fit. i have curves so i think it'll be really important. as soon as i can get that together i'll post it. might be a few weeks though.

then it's a lot of steps, so it'd be tons of progress shots!

there are four options for the boning, you can do a double layer and insert them in between

you can sew them onto the outside after making a casing for them, you can buy casings for them and sew those on, and you can sew them into the seam allowances.

that many options is nice because it makes for endless variations.

plus then there are a few lacing styles, front or back, and corset styles..

1819stay.jpg

victorian_corset_or_bustier_great_vintage_image_poster-p228096556553454938t5ta_400.jpg

TP00012.jpg

yellfloss2.jpg

that was a long and drawn out response but anyway it looks like i'll have to do some hand sewing.

the fun part will be working the metal, i need to get bolt cutters for the steel boning. ebay has good prices though.

thats dope symbols, will be cool to see your progress.

My wife is pretty handy with the sewing machine and needle, she makes some pretty awesome handbags and has made a dress for a friend as well. Im sure she could in time make a corset too.

just make sure you dont end up like this

1302587327_ecd3b621a4.jpg

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - April 22nd, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any T Mobile Banner ad ***you see throughout 12ozProphet.

Once on the T Mobile site, Check out the new Nokia Astound. Take a screen grab of the Phone and get Two Free weeks of VIP..***

Click any other 2 advertisers ads ***screen grab within the advertisers site and send along with the T Mobile ad and get a month of VIP!!!***

Thats a full month for submitting 3 screen grabs letting us know you've visited their site.***

Then***Send us your screen grab via Private message, we will update accounts once a day so please be patient while we update your account. Make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

Show our advertisers love and check out what they have to offer... It only takes a few minutes anytime your on***12ozprophet.com***to click an ad and check out their goods.

This contest will run all week until Friday - April 22nd, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

that was a long and drawn out response but anyway it looks like i'll have to do some hand sewing.

the fun part will be working the metal, i need to get bolt cutters for the steel boning. ebay has good prices though.

No, that was awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with. 12oz underwear line on the horizon...

Hey man that's kind of cool.

I thought about this forum a lot....n/h? Anyways, like sewing ideas and stuff. Like I said I know nothing about it, but I can draw.

And so I guess thinking about like different cuts and materials and color combinations and little extras you could make. Like garter belts

Which I love BTW

Also someone asked about hosiery for the little ladies.

I'm like 5'2" and a half. I like to imagine. And personally I like knee highs instead of thigh highs

But also garter belts help for little person wearing leggings situation.

Anyways....sounds cool. I like the bodice of the top manicans corset. Like a softer fit instead of squeezing the life out of my goods.

Maybe lace would be cool. Can you make lace? Hmmm I wonder where lace comes from? Anyways good luck!

laughs, wouldn't that be amazing?

this is one area where crochet would converge really nicely, i have only tried to make crochet lace once, it wasn't easy but i was only a beginner at that point. i've made a bunch of stuff now so i'd really like to get back and try it again. you can crochet with metal wire too

i may start a needlework/diy type thread but i know there is a forum upgrade in the works and i'm waiting to see how the migration will go before i put a bunch of work into it.

decyfer, that lady is just scary looking :shook:

• 3 weeks later...

oh womangs that pleasure state stuff is AMAZING

ok, i completed my FIRST mockup

let's just say that i decided to cut without a pattern since patterns are so hard to find and it was far too big.. i do think i am on the right track though and luckily it just has to be taken in in a million places.

my man was helping me with the fitting and grinning like crazy so i must be doing something right

so now my plan is to keep taking it in, then rip out all the seam and cut a new mockup, then sew that together and start learning how to add boning and grommets

but this it toally doable.

and now i'm starting to think of making bras and panties

there are far more supplies easily available for that stuff.

anyway, slowly but surely i'm making it happen

i'd have pics and would be even further along but my dog found a dog over the weekend so my man and i took it in.. turned out to be a huge and massively under-nourished puppy, who required tons of constant watching. luckily we found her a home almost immediately (thanks universe) and i can get back to my life. of course, i have to volunteer tonight though. busy busy.

symbols of course he was grinning that is the sort of helping hand men like to give their women, like if my wife asks me to get something out the loft I gotta drag myself up, but say she needs my help applying some coconut butter or choosing the right outfit then im there!

you basically asked him to make sure a corset looked good on you, hardly a hard decision for him lol

and laughs that pic is hot, stolen or not!

Oh my gosh symbols you have the biggest heart ever also that boyfriend story is hella cute.

Grd, hey girl those panties are from agent provocature. I may have misspelled it but they have way adorable stuff. I'll post some more. Symbols posted up some of their cutest ads ever I think on the first page.....

cf1eb95a.jpg

Gah! I need these in my life<3

Peep this lace print.....its love at first sight for me

6b8e5a13.jpg

:) these made me ha on the inside. Super dom though

b07cff32.jpg

Reminded me of this

tumblr_l0o0k78a1W1qa1iiqo1_500.jpg

Not clowning. Just sayin.........plus I might still rock them.

Also I like shit that's way bright too.

Sorry this pic is NSFW and maybe toeing that no pron line......

But I love this color!

d9qenuqfohya5gv5znpkyznto1_500.jpg

Obviously cute puppies in need take precedence, thanks for the update!

I'm useless with patterns, I find it's more fun and you learn more if you just work things out for yourself, there's nothing like experience.

I was thinking about you expanding to other pieces the other day actually Miss Symbols, I came across this awesome open v lace bra with no underwire, it looks beautiful but so simple. I'm gonna try and find a flick of it.

Here's another Pleasure state piece that you might find useful, a simple corset, the boning looks to be more for effect than support...

image1xxl.jpg

And 'bodies' might be an easy make to go along with he corsets...

image1xxl.jpg

image1xxl.jpg

also, I love this set...

image1xxl.jpg

image1xxl.jpg

all Pleasure State again. I have some more to add to this and the bag thread but I'm cooking at present so it'll have to wait a bit.

Hope you ladies(and gents) are all having a great day!

aww thanks ladies!

grd nice additions. once i get my steeze down there are so many ways to branch out. i've been sketchin too.

laughs that pic was one of the kinda poses i was considering. anyway if i'm gonna make these things i'd like to shoot em as well so i may as well consider art direction.

i should start taking some test shots too., i love photography and that pic is dope.

thos dom boots are fuckin awesome. no pun intended

that's the type of shit i'd be thrilled to buy if i was super rich :haha: