OAKLAND... BEEEEEEEIIITTCHH!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

naw im back in sheboygan..have been since sept. Theres oddly a large amount of ex californians around this shithole city...something about it being like the valley appeals to them i guess. Let me know if you need anything though around these parts ..pm and all that fun stuff.. Within reason nigga..i cant find fifty tanks of nitrous in a ten hour span

(heroin stuff)

my brother just got charged with homicide and fleeing and all this shit. he got in an accident in memphis and killed someone. they said he was drunk and on drugs. they got his drug test back just last month after 8 months of being in jail.

alcohol free, drug free... he was just tired and ended up falling asleep at the wheel. Apparently they don't like niggers in the south?. So it looks like they are going to charge him with reckless endangerment and his on his way out now

(coolstorybr0)

I've only been to Oakland a few times, but I considered moving there for a bit. I still might in the future. I've only been to one restaurant there and it was Souley Vegan. I'm not even vegan, and I actually think vegan food is pretty shitty and bland. But their mac and cheese and black eyed peas and cayan lemonade is the shit.

Regardless of haters out there talking shit about my town, theres a lot we got going on..

-Food is very diverse, you have the infinite taco trucks (by the way the one off of hegenberger tastes like shit, u wanna go to a good one, go get some tacos/seafood at the trucks on 22nd), great asian foods (cam huoc on 7th and E14th got the best vietnamese sandwhiches), bakesale betty sandwhiches, Ethiopian (Enssaro is the shit, dont know if still around) etc.......FYI Jack London holds an event every year where different roach coaches get together and sell food in one huge event, shits off the hook..

-You got the Oakland Hills where you can go bike/hike/picnic, or just relax from all the bullshit.

-Dive bars that make u feel like yur right at home (Heart and dagger is a personal favorite)

-Music events; live shows (jazz festival at san antonio park, dia de los muertos festival,Fox Theatre, Uptown, The Metro Opera House)

-Great areas to exercise (Lake Merrit, Crossfit Oakland [Even though its in Emeryville, but its Oakland-based], Oakland Hills]

-Different cultures/ethnicites.....

-Nightlife (Somar, Era Art Bar, Lucas Lounge, The Trappist, etc....)

-And if you think out the box, unlike alot of ignorant mothafuckers you will see that Oakland has real nice pockets to live at. Its not all Hood where you are going to get shot, iif you look for trouble, then you WILL find it, but have some common sense and street etiquette and you'll be fine.

........The problem is that all you see in the news is the bad shit that goes on here, when its not even like that everywhere. Like I said, we got pockets....You want your hipster crowd, go to North Oakland or any loft in the Hood; You want your Asian crowd, go Downtown; Mexican, see me up in East Oakland eating un Mango con sal y chile by the shell gas station on 3700 block..etc.

I can go on and on, but I might bore people to death of all my writing. Then again this IS an Oaktown thread..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROXTeAN0REmd2B4AxjRrwESPjBuZxlLDCvWnZeT9MVilFkCwIB&t=1

-BW

• Like 1