Gaza's Turn

christo-f

Almost 100 missiles and mortars in a week is enough to get tanks and air strikes in to Gaza, a-la Cast Lead as it is. Then you knife a family (including a baby) to death in their homes, launch a Grad rocket in to Beersheva and blow up a bus in Jerusalem?

Yeah, you know war is coming.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You act like the zionist israelis havent done a million times worse shit to the palestinians. You expect the palestinians to just sit back and get killed? families murdered? land stolen? imprisioned? fuck israel. its a terrorist state. israel is a lunatic state. what they are doing to the palestinians is even worse than what the nazis did to the jews.

• Like 1

You act like the zionist israelis havent done a million times worse shit to the palestinians. You expect the palestinians to just sit back and get killed? families murdered? land stolen? imprisioned? fuck israel. its a terrorist state. israel is a lunatic state. what they are doing to the palestinians is even worse than what the nazis did to the jews.

No, that's just your biased interpretation of my words.

I didn't talk about anything before a week ago, I didn't talk about history, I didn't talk about right or wrong. I'm simply talking about what is happening. And if it helps to make it any fairer, Israel has launched airstrikes in retaliation to the mortar/missile strikes which have, according to both sides, hit tunnels and civilians that were not threat to ISrael. Abbas is now suggesting that Bibi apologise to the Pals just as Abbas apologised for the killing of the family in Itamar.

Sure, that's one way to see it. Either way, regardless of perspectives I think war is coming soon. Hamas doesn't want to see Fatah/PNA take the lead in peace talks, as useless as they seem to be. And I think Hamas would also like to set the agenda of the new govt in Egypt. The voting for the constitution and new govt is in process and if Hamas can bait Israel in to over-reacting, like it has so many times before, it will increase the chances of the Muslim Brotherhood (where Hamas came from) gaining power in Egypt and will also make it harder for the military to keep their peace treaty with Israel.

Hamas will also use Palestine Islamic Jihad to launch the attacks so a) if things turn to shit Hamas can shift the blame, and b) so Hamas can keep the veneer of a legitimate govt.

As far as I can tell, that's the play here.

Keep in mind I am not passing judgement on these actions I am describing above, I'm just calling it as I see it in a tactical/strategic sense. I am not entering in to any moral judgement on either player in this game.

I am against the random acts of bizarre violence by some of the Palestinians, but to say it is completely unjustified is pretty ignorant. The settlements in West Bank and Gaza are illegal, racist and unethical. So are the crippling sanctions. Seriously, cutting off water, food and electricity to a landlocked region? That's an open invitation for violence. I think its just as fair to say Israel is trying to lure violent acts just as much as HAMAS. Especially when you consider massacres of non-violent protesters, and missile attacks on civilian communities. It totally works in Israel's favor, the same that it works in US's favor when it comes to terrorism. It gives them an excuse to crack the whip and punish the indigenous Palestinian people.

I remember reading a few years ago that because some Palestinians kidnapped 2 Israeli soldiers (to use as a bargaining chip for the release of political prisoners), Israel massacred an upwards of 40 civilians and left hundreds injured. And the pro-west press either excused it as "necessary" or just turned the other cheek.

Shits fucked up over there, I would hate to be a Palestinian.

ok, so get off your soap box. stoop assuming you know how everyone thinks and actually read some of these posts.

otherwise you come off as some dogmatic moron who refuses to listen to anything but the incessant sound of their own whine.

i love the palestinians, and i can assure you, you are not helping their cause or message even one iota.

There are no settlements in Gaza.

yes but only since the evacuations, which didn't begin until 2005.

and there are still settlements considered illegal by the international community, in the west bank.

just seems like your statement glosses over some of that stuff.

i agree with amnesty international, that the settlement policy discriminates against palestinians and violates their human rights

i enjoyed this movie very much, about suicide bombers in israel

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445620/

I stand on the side of justice, in resisting the illegal military occupation of the holy land Palestine.

If you used your main username to make these posts, I'd at least give you points for having balls...why register a new one just to get into this particular debate?