Yelp!

Pistol

I havent really come on the oz lately. Yelp's been taking more of my time. I know some of you use the app on your phone but does anyone participate more than using it for directions or phone numbers on the go. I've used it for a couple of years now and as a member on there for over a year, but never got too into in it. Then started getting into check-ins as a way to leave my mark. Ive used it to find new spots but recently i've gotten into posting reviews, quick tips, and posting pictures. It's kinda natural since I would take pics of places I went or the food I ate to put in the day in pies thread.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The reviews from Yelp have never helped me and aren't they being sued for some type of extortion? Basically if you didn't give money they would post more negative reviews or something like that..

I know I posted about this before.

• Like 1

i was using yelp! quite a bit over the last year or so to post business reviews, to the request of ms. seyer. i considered it a helpful tool and having written restaurant reviews for publications in the past, it allowed me to continue what had turned into a part-time hobby. that being said, id like to clear up any misconceptions that i am a fat ass. quite the contrary, im disgusted by the morbidly obese.

and then about a month ago, some one had flagged a review i had written and without even looking into/consulting me, yelp staff/moderators deleted the reviews. very well written, introspective reviews that took time to write. one was for a second hand/retro clothing shop. while i could have written about the faggoty hipsters (who make up the majority of their clientele) spending 39.99 on a flannel shirt they found in a dumpster somewhere, i instead praised their selection and only commented negatively on two aspects. one being the dim lighting, which made searching for/examining your selection in detail nearly impossible. and the other being the unbelievably steep prices. i feel like the owner or a supportive employee of this particular business flagged the post, and therefore fuck yelp!

I take the reviews with a grain of salt. Some people want to compare some random breakfast spot greasy spoon to the french laundry. Or some people bitch cause their chicago stuffed pizza took 45-60 minutes cause theyre used to a 5 dollar little ceasar pizza hot and ready. I do enjoy checking out flicks of the food and the recommendations of 'friends' for spots and use the info address and phone number to check em out on the go.

I do remember the yelp charging business to remove reviews etc. I believe it. My cousin just recently opened up a pizza place and he started getting a shitload of reviews so yelped called him and wanted to know if he wanted to sign up for some program that would put him at the top of the listings. They wanted to charge him crazy money like i wanna say 300-400 a month or something. But he had other things to spend his money on so he declined and he said the yelp rep was really trying to pressure him almost mafia extortion status. He wanted one of those yelp stickers for his spot but was like fuck all that money for that shit.

I take the reviews with a grain of salt. Some people want to compare some random breakfast spot greasy spoon to the french laundry. Or some people bitch cause their chicago stuffed pizza took 45-60 minutes cause theyre used to a 5 dollar little ceasar pizza hot and ready. I do enjoy checking out flicks of the food and the recommendations of 'friends' for spots and use the info address and phone number to check em out on the go.

I do remember the yelp charging business to remove reviews etc. I believe it. My cousin just recently opened up a pizza place and he started getting a shitload of reviews so yelped called him and wanted to know if he wanted to sign up for some program that would put him at the top of the listings. They wanted to charge him crazy money like i wanna say 300-400 a month or something. But he had other things to spend his money on so he declined and he said the yelp rep was really trying to pressure him almost mafia extortion status. He wanted one of those yelp stickers for his spot but was like fuck all that money for that shit.

he should have settled it godfather style, firebomb yelps corporate office and send them packages with horses heads in them.i hear fedex has a flat rate shipping deal going on.if it fits it ships..

Yelp painted over my boy Level-13 on the Duquesne wall, never forgive action.

Everyone at that time talked about hitting that wall but no one ever did, not even a handstyle.

It was old wall that sat on a ledge, on top of a 75-100 foot cliff that overlooked downtown.

That wall was tough because it was on a law schools campus that was located in the hood so mad security, especially at night.

One day Level went onto the campus and stashed his shit over by the ledge and then snuck back on campus that night.

Level busted that walls cherry with a nice little throw up, but a week or two later Yelp went over him.

Level was the type of dude to never even side bust anyone let alone cross them out or go over them.

Eventually Level went back and did a gigantic fucking roller.

This all happened over 13 years ago, but till this day I haven't forgotten.

Never_Forget-Black__71322_zoom.png