Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why and How did you start writing Graff?

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Alfred Pennyworth: With respect, sir, perhaps this is a man that *you* don't fully understand, either. A long time ago, I was in Burma. My friends and I were working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Rangoon by a bandit. So, we went looking for the stones. But in three months, we never met anybody who traded with him. One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. The bandit had been throwing them away.

Bruce Wayne: So why steal them?

Alfred Pennyworth: Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

after seeing some pretty bad ass pieces and throwups on the walls near the tracks viewable from the outside train terminal. the go-go soul music-esque funk-esque thing we had going on here gave stuff actual flavor and and involved actual style instead of the tasteless and frankly generic shit guys grow egos on nowadays.

ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vciR76rSRgA

• Like 1

all my homies were doing it so i started i didnt even know what it was really cuz i had no tv or computer we just tagged up everywhere till i got to high school i really started getting into it. and picked a name. i got put down on a crew but a few days later i moved with fam from where i was in LA to las cruces new mexico. i hated the desert. very few graff writers out there. saw alot of pieces though from some old school writers. then it just inspired me to keep writing and practicing. moved back to cali for a year. then moved to seattle. got put down on another crew.. then back to cali. then back to seattle. then back to cali. i had a lot of different art influences growing up. i move to much. but it allows you to experience a lot and see different cultures and meet a lot of people

Jet set radio planted a heavy seed in me, in my early pre teen years.. when i went to college i dont know why the hell i racked sum paint at a walmart where i usually steal groceries. did a few sloppy as tags and throw ups which planted another seed. when i came back from college.. I took a break from school and b4 i knew it.. I srarted writing.. now im in the game..

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Back when I was a little kid we used to write on the park in sharpies and shit, ya know? Typical little kid stuff. We started seeing tags and I didn't really know what they were.

Then I'd see the same scrib in a few places (It was "KNOWN" I believe) and I started to grasp that it was a signiature. From there over the next 2 years or so I saw it and did little shit but never actually did "graffiti" as it could be considered.

Eventually this kid moved into the hood and he mentioned he was a "tagger". We started gathering paint and markers and shit, and it's just been an upward road from there. (Kid who came along is now in some crew with no respect for anyone else in the city, talks mad shit behind backs and keeps a friendly smile up front).

Just been going with it ever since, met a few people along the way and then met more, etc.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Always used to go to skateparks and sit watching NT, WAR and other painting sick productions every weekend. Liked how each week something new would go up or even more frequently than that. Then a guy came to my school who was into writing, taught me what was what n it went from there

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

My friend Bubba died and I'd always leave shit around the skatepark and places we'd hang out and smoke with a Sharpie when I was in sixth grade, then I sort of realized what I was doing and progressed, moving forward ever since. I don't do as much as I should but I really started because I wanted people to know that my friend was someone that would be missed more than most.

• Like 1

A graffiti master shamed my father in a graffiti battle of epic proportions, his wildstyle technique was sadly, far more superior;his bits and do-dads transcended merely doodling...soon after my father killed himself. I now must enact my revenge...*cue kabuki music and sakura petals falling down*

• Like 1

i always noticed the tunnels were bombed out when i would visit ny as a kid. i swear i was probably the only kid that looked out the window the whole ride on the train. a decade later i take up writing and can read that it's dudes like JA and deck wgf. i was always the one to draw peoples names for them in class so yeah it was bound to happen.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...