Why and How did you start writing Graff?

KB one

Jet set radio planted a heavy seed in me, in my early pre teen years.. when i went to college i dont know why the hell i racked sum paint at a walmart where i usually steal groceries. did a few sloppy as tags and throw ups which planted another seed. when i came back from college.. I took a break from school and b4 i knew it.. I srarted writing.. now im in the game..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Back when I was a little kid we used to write on the park in sharpies and shit, ya know? Typical little kid stuff. We started seeing tags and I didn't really know what they were.

Then I'd see the same scrib in a few places (It was "KNOWN" I believe) and I started to grasp that it was a signiature. From there over the next 2 years or so I saw it and did little shit but never actually did "graffiti" as it could be considered.

Eventually this kid moved into the hood and he mentioned he was a "tagger". We started gathering paint and markers and shit, and it's just been an upward road from there. (Kid who came along is now in some crew with no respect for anyone else in the city, talks mad shit behind backs and keeps a friendly smile up front).

Just been going with it ever since, met a few people along the way and then met more, etc.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Always used to go to skateparks and sit watching NT, WAR and other painting sick productions every weekend. Liked how each week something new would go up or even more frequently than that. Then a guy came to my school who was into writing, taught me what was what n it went from there

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My friend Bubba died and I'd always leave shit around the skatepark and places we'd hang out and smoke with a Sharpie when I was in sixth grade, then I sort of realized what I was doing and progressed, moving forward ever since. I don't do as much as I should but I really started because I wanted people to know that my friend was someone that would be missed more than most.

• Like 1

A graffiti master shamed my father in a graffiti battle of epic proportions, his wildstyle technique was sadly, far more superior;his bits and do-dads transcended merely doodling...soon after my father killed himself. I now must enact my revenge...*cue kabuki music and sakura petals falling down*

• Like 1

i always noticed the tunnels were bombed out when i would visit ny as a kid. i swear i was probably the only kid that looked out the window the whole ride on the train. a decade later i take up writing and can read that it's dudes like JA and deck wgf. i was always the one to draw peoples names for them in class so yeah it was bound to happen.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...