Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the.crooked

Maybe I'm late to this party...

But did anyone else know about this:

Article on Five Points being redeveloped.

The New York graffiti mecca in Queens known as “Five Pointz” will be be replaced with high rises and a luxury shopping mall, according to the Huffington Post.

Owner Jerry Wolkoff has allowed street artists to use the space rent-free since 1993, but now the former warehouse in Long Island City will be redeveloped and turned into two residential buildings towering up to 40 stories high. Marlon Bishop of WNYC reported that the $350 million dollar project will include shops and a supermarket, and a wall for graffiti artists to continue practicing their craft.

It’s a sad day for New York’s street artists because graffiti and hip-hop fans from around the world regularly visit the space. Members of the Five Pointz community have begun to circulate a petition seeking landmark status for the building (the name Five Pointz refers to the coming together of the five New York boroughs)...

That's a damn shame.

got it while i could.

greed cannot be stopped.

but good luck with that petition.

Not for nothing, the dude who owns the building allowed people to paint there for years and gave nigga's offices and studio space for free. You can't get down on him for selling off his property. It's prime space in NYC. I think he went well above and beyond what anyone would have and should be applauded

No one should be trying to organize a petition to cock block this dude from getting paid for his rightfully owned property.

That's pretty much how I feel about it, but still sad.

Not for nothing, the dude who owns the building allowed people to paint there for years and gave nigga's offices and studio space for free. You can't get down on him for selling off his property. It's prime space in NYC. I think he went well above and beyond what anyone would have and should be applauded

No one should be trying to organize a petition to cock block this dude from getting paid for his rightfully owned property.

^^^This, dude hooked it up pretty well for NYC.

I just hope it's still standing by March 1st when it's officially open for painting.

THIS

Bet that place gets hit hard once it's up. You know some retard will do a fire extinguisher across the front in spite.

Whatever, I don't blame him for selling at all. Monster Z has it right

got it while i could.

greed cannot be stopped.

but good luck with that petition.

How the hell is this fueled by greed when he let people use it rent free for almost 20 years? :lol: Girl brains.

• Like 2

God damn private land owners selling their own property! HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN? IN AMERICA?!

Fuckin' dummies in here.

dude did it proper...

purchased or inherited cheap land

sat on it knowing it would be prime land in some years

got the spot famous

disregard graffitis, make profit.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now